Why collective bargaining?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I would have no problem with RTW, if these things went along with it ( no seniority, no negotiated raises, no benefits negotiated by the union in the past or future. Do you see where im going with this. You will not benefit from dues I pay. Your other choice, go buy you a fedex ground truck and good luck to ya

I generally disregard posts from TDU people.

But, this one.... I can support.

-Bug-

Atomic_Smurf

I would have no problem with RTW, if these things went along with it ( no seniority, no negotiated raises, no benefits negotiated by the union in the past or future. Do you see where im going with this. You will not benefit from dues I pay. Your other choice, go buy you a fedex ground truck and good luck to ya

Sent using BrownCafe App
I generally disregard posts from TDU people.

But, this one.... I can support.

-Bug-
As I said almost a week ago in in regards to those who opt out of dues losing representation, "I think that's fine. I believe most employees that feel alienated, let down & unrepresented by the liberal politics of our unions would too."

But to be more specific on your points, new hires would likely fair better than the unions negotiated starting pay. Many fast food chains have even surpassed Teamster negotiated wages for new hires. That goes for the mechanics as well. Many centers are having trouble finding ASE certified mechanics that are qualified & willing to take a pay cut to work for union bargained wages.
As far as representation in the event of a firing, we've seen dues paying union members go to panel & lose their jobs without a single word of defense from their BA so you can't convince me that a BA is going to do anything more for a non-dues paying employee.
And for drivers at the top of the pay scale, the days of leading the way in wages & benefits may be coming to an end as the union begins its siphoning of our pay raises coupled with the incremental downgrading of our healthcare to "bring us more in line with the industry standard" as our BA likes to softly state. That pathetic scenario was brought about by the sheer ignorance of our elected union leadership & their loyalty to liberal Democrats with their redistribution of health insurance law.

Atomic_Smurf

ACA is a law that the union and companies have to deal with, just like any other law. The union has no say whether or not they follow it, so no it is not a union issue. All the union does is to get UPS to pay for it.

Using your logic, RTW isn't a union issue. We just have to follow it. Our union has been very public about what laws it supports & which ones it does not. Right now, if our leadership wanted to secure union members benefits it would be very vocal in calling for the repeal of the ACA.

Atomic_Smurf

Well...there are the lunatic right wing RTW rants of the Atomic_Scab.

Sent using BrownCafe App
...& not one of you silky jacket chest thumping tools can point to a single instance where RTW has caused workers to lose pay, benefits or be the cause of a concessionary contract.

Not a one of you.. :)

Ron Carey lives on

Said I was going to take a break this weekend. Armstrong Coal opened four mines in Western Ky. They were solicited there by local politicians with the promise that ky would be a rtw state. Course that fell through. 4 non-unions making about 18 bucks an hour. UMWA will be there soon.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Said I was going to take a break this weekend. Armstrong Coal opened four mines in Western Ky. They were solicited there by local politicians with the promise that ky would be a rtw state. Course that fell through. 4 non-unions making about 18 bucks an hour. UMWA will be there soon.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Did Obamas war on coal have anything to do with the mines falling through? Thousands of miners in KY have lost their jobs thanks to your Messiah. $18hr is a pretty good starting wage when you consider Teamsters had been "FIGHTING" to maintain an $8hr starting wage for 3 decades.

Atomic_Smurf

Attachments

• 1409414158303.jpg
    1409414158303.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 148