Why collective bargaining?

Ron Carey lives on

Where is the urgency of a " right to work" law. Why is it so high on political to do list? What about welfare reform, what about stricter laws against child abusers, what about a infrastructure? I refer to my original post, why us?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

Where is the urgency of a " right to work" law. Why is it so high on political to do list? What about welfare reform, what about stricter laws against child abusers, what about a infrastructure? I refer to my original post, why us?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Well, haven't you noticed that the anti-labor agenda tends to favor public sector jobs? Thats for a reason. Unfortunately, unions have a bad reputation across the board w(except at UPS :))hen it comes to productivity and we've all heard of the scandals and jokes involving government workers. Government jobs in general, whether unionized or not, are constantly (and rightfully so) under scrutiny. Unions, like it or not, tend to make such stereotypes into actual realities. Other than that I could ask the same question you are...why us? But my point is that it doesn't matter and that US is all that matters.

The politicians that have any involvement in ant-union laws, in fact, have, DO, try and tighten the grip on child abusers and welfare reform but their liberal counterparts (and RINOs), for some reason, tend to throw up roadblocks at every turn. Infrastructure is a valid point.

purplesky

Well, haven't you noticed that the anti-labor agenda tends to favor public sector jobs? Thats for a reason. Unfortunately, unions have a bad reputation across the board w(except at UPS :))hen it comes to productivity and we've all heard of the scandals and jokes involving government workers. Government jobs in general, whether unionized or not, are constantly (and rightfully so) under scrutiny. Unions, like it or not, tend to make such stereotypes into actual realities. Other than that I could ask the same question you are...why us? But my point is that it doesn't matter and that US is all that matters.

The politicians that have any involvement in ant-union laws, in fact, have, DO, try and tighten the grip on child abusers and welfare reform but their liberal counterparts (and RINOs), for some reason, tend to throw up roadblocks at every turn. Infrastructure is a valid point.

The right to work agenda to DESTROY ALL UNIONS that is being pushed by Republicans and right wingers like the Tea party IS ULTIMATELY AIMED AT ALL UNIONS.

After the Right wingers destroy the teachers,police,Firefighters,etc. the Teamsters will be next on the list.

20 years ago WE SAW MANY STORIES ABOUT SCHOOL TEACHERS MAKING LESS MONEY AND DOING GREAT THINGS FOR OUR KIDS AND COMMUNITIES WHILE THE DOT.COM CROWD WAS STRIKING IT RICH.

America then gets outsourced by Republicans like TWITT ROBME AND NOW IN 2014 TEACHERS ARE SUDDENLY EVIL AND OVERPAID WITH A PENSION? Seriously? WTF happened to our economy in 20 years that LOW PAID teachers our evil for having a pension?

And really its all about votes(AND REALLY LOW WAGES). Union members usually vote Democrat (why Obama won 2nd term) so ofcourse big business and RIGHTWING NUT billionaires are going to fund the right to work movement.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I don't know why this is a thing...I meet more and more Democrats everyday, the universities are pumping them out by the thousands...Democrats have held office more often than not in the last 16 years...why again are unions on their way out? Obama can just unilaterally keep unions in effect if he wanted to. He unilaterally does all kinds of things now these days.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream

There's a huge difference between a government/state/county/city job and UPS...there's no competition so how are they suppose to hustle?

Ron Carey lives on

Republicans tend to paint themselves as the morality party. In a sick twist they openly go after working families. The whole time they complain about government handouts. What they really want is for you to work at a lower wage, shut up, and stay beneath them

Sent using BrownCafe App

bddaddy

What' wrong with giving people a choice if they want to be in a union or not? What are you afraid of? Maybe the union will have to work harder to keep their members.

bddaddy

My local has parties with my dues, donates my dues to the democrats against my wishes, seems to have a close relationship with management, and there is nothing i can do about it...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My local has parties with my dues (this is not true), donates my dues to the democrats against my wishes (this is also not true), seems to have a close relationship with management (some may call this a working relationship, and there is nothing i can do about it (you mean other than step up and become more active in the union?)...[/quote]

Overpaid Union Thug

There's a huge difference between a government/state/county/city job and UPS...there's no competition so how are they suppose to hustle?

Being able to hustle is irrelevant. If they want a union bad enough they'll have one.
What' wrong with giving people a choice if they want to be in a union or not? What are you afraid of? Maybe the union will have to work harder to keep their members.
Exactly! Once a union is formed the employees should have the option on wether or not they want to keep it later if they realize that there is no need for it. They shouldn't be stuck with it.

Last edited:

Ron Carey lives on

There are many faults with our union, but do you think Ups would give you anything? What do you think telematics is all about? They want a unskilled workforce! Anybody can do it right. Have you heard that from management. Be careful what you wish for right to workers

Sent using BrownCafe App

brown_trousers

Republicans tend to paint themselves as the morality party. In a sick twist they openly go after working families. The whole time they complain about government handouts. What they really want is for you to work at a lower wage, shut up, and stay beneath them

Sent using BrownCafe App

It goes both ways. Democrats supposedly support unions... but in fact, we unions are only pawns in their political game. They only "pretend" to care about unions when it is strategic to them to gather support for some other issue that they really do care about.

the real reason unions will die in america is because we unions mean nothing to either party democrat or republican.

in my opinion, in this last decade, Obamacare has hurt the future of our union negotiating power far more than any other piece of legislation. Our union negotiated healthcare will be collateral damage from obama's democratic persuits here in the near future

Ron Carey lives on

As I stated earlier the dems are letting us down. The republicans are down right attacking us. Busting unions has become part of their platform. There are to many facts to back that up

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Whether you support tdu or hoffa, you are democrat or republican, your livelihood is under attack. It is easy for people to turn a blind eye to this, especially those who are about to retire. I got 20 years in June 30th. I have at least 15 more. I guess I just care more about collective bargaining, because I realise I have made a good life for my family because of it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

brown_trousers

As I stated earlier the dems are letting us down. The republicans are down right attacking us. Busting unions has become part of their platform. There are to many facts to back that up

Sent using BrownCafe App

its the same thing. The democrats see republicans attacking unions but do nothing to save them, that makes them just as guilty.

its like a person who sees someone getting killed, but doesnt do a thing to help the person out. by doing nothing, they might as well be helping the murderer.

blame is shared on both sides

Ron Carey lives on

Agreed. When it becomes part of a platform, that party should be exposed for their agenda. The dems need a card check too. Might be time for a new party

Sent using BrownCafe App