Why collective bargaining?

Ron Carey lives on

I ask again (abortion, gun control, border control, gay marriage, whatever? Stay out of my wallet. I do the right thing. The rtw movement, the attack on public unions is a stepping stone towards you TEAMSTERS. Stick to the things I mentioned, or you lost my vote

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron Carey lives on

I don't mean to be callous towards those issues, but there is no reason other than greed to undermine union rights. If you are the party of morality, act like it. Protect workers rights, build the middle class

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Dems, you aren't off the hook. Produce,deliver, reward the people who elected you or the cord is cut. The working families party is on the move

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Remember this, if you lose a union member's vote, you probably lost 2. Learn from Rick Perry, Rick Santorum, and Mike Huckabee. They are really careful not to offend or attack the middle class and union rights. Dems, stay away from globalization, war on coal. We vote and bring people with us

Sent using BrownCafe App

brown_trousers

I ask again (abortion, gun control, border control, gay marriage, whatever? Stay out of my wallet. I do the right thing. The rtw movement, the attack on public unions is a stepping stone towards you TEAMSTERS. Stick to the things I mentioned, or you lost my vote

Sent using BrownCafe App
You speak the truth... i would probably be a supporter of the democratic party if they could stop their insatiable need to stick their greedy little fingers in my wallet. Its almost as if everything they do is an attack on my paycheck and bank account

Ron Carey lives on

Good jab. But the republicans are happy at the top of the food chain, and collective bargaining threatens their county club fundraising. Dems then blow smoke up our :censored2: to get our vote and money. Republicans actively attack our rights in the open. Dems do it inadvertently with EPA incentives

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Good jab. But the republicans are happy at the top of the food chain, and collective bargaining threatens their county club fundraising. Dems then blow smoke up our :censored2: to get our vote and money. Republicans actively attack our rights in the open. Dems do it inadvertently with EPA incentives

Sent using BrownCafe App
Speaking of Republican country club fundraising, did you see the poor ol' Democrats at Obamas Texas fundraiser yesterday? $10k-$32k for tickets to that BBQ. Republicans only wish they had donors like that.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

I have yet to see any examples of how any legislation or union busting attorneys has unilaterally busted a union. Why? Because it hasn't happened because in the end the only people that TRULY have that power are the employees. Blaming politicians and attorneys for a union's demise when the decision, in fact, rests in the hands of the employees is ludicrous at best.

Sent using BrownCafe App

brown_trousers

I have yet to see any examples of how any legislation or union busting attorneys has unilaterally busted a union. Why? Because it hasn't happened because in the end the only people that TRULY have that power are the employees. Blaming politicians and attorneys for a union's demise when the decision, in fact, rests in the hands of the employees is ludicrous at best.

Sent using BrownCafe App

You wont find any examples because you are right. Unions dont fail because of legislation, they fail because of the employees in that union and/or the taxpaying voters. People are just looking for someone to blame, and republicans are an easy target.

Congress just doesnt have enough power to kill unions on their own. Because any legislation they pass can basically be vetoed by voters through the referendum/initiative process. And even in RTW situations, the employees have the final decision whether to opt out of the union, not the republicans in congress.

I believe our FTers in those RTW states prove that a WELL represented employee will still choose to be union if given the choice. How many FT drivers really choose to opt-out of the union? Last i heard, it is very, very few that do. It is just the under-represented employees (PTers) that we risk losing. We should instead look at RTW as a challenge on how to better represent our PTers to gain the same level of support we get from our FTers.

Last edited:

Atomic_Smurf

Smurf, why the legislation in the first place. Can you please explain the need of RTW law, and who does it benefits?

Sent using BrownCafe App
RTW gives me and every other dues paying union member a course of action if our union fails to represent us. It gives us leverage against an often one sided and corrupt organization. It incentivizes our union leaders to represent us the way we wish to be represented. I would even argue that if more states have been RTW our unions wouldn't have so hold heartedly endorsed the health care law that is now wreaking havoc on union workers benefits across the country. RTW attracts businesses for many reasons including freedom to operate. I say let the companies set up shop in your state and if employees don't feel like they're getting a fair shake they can still elect a union. It's also worth pointing out that the expansion of right to work states was the reason the union negotiated the first pay increase for new hires in 30+ years in our most recent contract. Now I understand this may be hard to accept given the many lies our Union & the Democrats have been telling us but chew on the truth & look at what has been happening to our country on every other front while our leadership demands you look over here, not over there.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

Ron Carey lives on

Destroy what benefits you? No that doesn't make sense. I hear Fed-ex is hiring. Maybe you would be more comfortable in that environment. Ya sir, Na sir. You right sir. Don't worry I'll keep fighting for your rights, just keep enjoying your rights in a union shop, the whole time complaining about dues. You are truly lost

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

Destroy what benefits you? No that doesn't make sense. I hear Fed-ex is hiring. Maybe you would be more comfortable in that environment. Ya sir, Na sir. You right sir. Don't worry I'll keep fighting for your rights, just keep enjoying your rights in a union shop, the whole time complaining about dues. You are truly lost

Sent using BrownCafe App
Who was complaining about their dues? It certainly wasn't the last poster and definitely wasn't me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

You want a union job correct? You want union wages correct? Why would what to weaken that. If you support a RTW agenda, you are against yourself? ?? Its ridiculous

Sent using BrownCafe App

purplesky

I don't mean to be callous towards those issues, but there is no reason other than greed to undermine union rights. If you are the party of morality, act like it. Protect workers rights, build the middle class

Sent using BrownCafe App

Its about money. BUT ALSO VOTES. Unions usually will vote Democrat and why wouldn't they with all the Republicans and Right wingers trying to destroy unions?

TWITT ROBME(Mitt Romney) is anti-worker and anti-Union. Obama is Pro worker and pro union.

Obama won!:wink2:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If you shop at Costco, you need to be a dues paying member or shop at Wal-Mart. If you own a home, you must pay homeowners insurance, or suffer the consequences if your house burns down. Your neighbor should not have to pay for it if you're working at a good paying job and choosing to not pay your share.
Why should the other members prop up those that willingly choose to scab? That's the reason behind RTW.
Dissent among the members, due to an uneven playing field. The RTW supporters are banking on just the type of disparaging conflict on display here. One pays the dues, 2 get the benefits. How can they ever agree that's fair?
Just because no locals have folded up and failed does not mean there's no danger of it happening. RJ Reynolds and the like used the same argument for decades, until thousands died.
Should we just wait for the tsunami?
Yes, apathy is a huge problem. But people are apathetic about lots of important things, and still someone has to take care of things. The Teamsters that came before us laid the groundwork that we all stand on. Today we are pulling bricks out of the Yellow Brick Road, one at a time and the new employees are coming into an environment that is not pro union at all. When we retire, will we leave the workplace benefits better or worse for them? What mindset will we create for them with our "something for nothing" scabs, indifference at RTW legislation and union busting of all the public employees?

purplesky

RTW gives me and every other dues paying union member a course of action if our union fails to represent us. It gives us leverage against an often one sided and corrupt organization. It incentivizes our union leaders to represent us the way we wish to be represented. I would even argue that if more states have been RTW our unions wouldn't have so hold heartedly endorsed the health care law that is now wreaking havoc on union workers benefits across the country. RTW attracts businesses for many reasons including freedom to operate. I say let the companies set up shop in your state and if employees don't feel like they're getting a fair shake they can still elect a union. It's also worth pointing out that the expansion of right to work states was the reason the union negotiated the first pay increase for new hires in 30+ years in our most recent contract. Now I understand this may be hard to accept given the many lies our Union & the Democrats have been telling us but chew on the truth & look at what has been happening to our country on every other front while our leadership demands you look over here, not over there.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Freedom to operate? Your a funny guy.:biggrin: When Republican politicians make threatening speeches about moving your job if you become union and billionaires throw up billboards around communities that threaten workers who are about to vote for union representation, THAT IS ONE SIDED FREEDOM FOR REPUBLICANS AND BIG BUSINESS.

More importantly, your idea of your union spending your union dues the way you see fit compared to fellow union members views is a ridiculous argument.

What perfect world do you live in? Where all workers agree EXACTLY on how dues are spent?(THIS IS JUST REPUBLICAN TALKING POINT BULL:censored2: DESIGNED TO EXTRACT $$$ FROM UNIONS)

The healthcare law has nothing to do with the right to work movement and the Republican agenda to destroy all unions in America. NICE TRY THOUGH.

So are you pro worker or anti worker?

If you think Republicans publicly threatening American workers who are voting to become union(THEIR LEGAL RIGHT) is a good thing for America and our economy than you are Antiworker.:wink2:

purplesky

You blame Republicans yet blindly support every Democrat. How is that working out for you?

This thread is about the right to work movement? So yes since I am for the middle-class and good paying union jobs in America(and worldwide) I have to side with the Democrats on THE ISSUE OF LABOR.

Its a deal breaker for me.

But there are many issues on the Republican side that I agree with. Taxes,immigration,Less government spending,etc.

I am just slightly left of the middle politically just like most Americans.:wink2:

purplesky

You blame Republicans yet blindly support every Democrat. How is that working out for you?

Hey if the Republicans have a strong candidate to run against Hillary Clinton I will consider voting Republican.

Obama is VERY far from perfect but my home value has gone up,401k and Roth are at record highs,and My income gets higher every year.

But obviously many Americans are still recovering from the great recession so I feel fortunate to work for a company like UPS.