Why didn't you dr the basic package?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Thank you for doing the right thing. These people who make up their own rules because they're uncomfortable doing what they're supposed to do are going to piss off our customers AND LOSE US BUSINESS!

The customer who's package comes up missing is going to be the pissed off customer.
Management running fast and loose with the directive to leave it no matter what is what will lose us business.
The system has the availability of "driver discretion" built into it.
This prompt in the DIAD proves it.
04262010222.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Sorry Steve. It's like I said......If I'm a customer who sends a package basic because I want it left on the first attempt, and the UPS driver decides he's smarter than me and DOESN'T leave it....I'm sending it Fed-Ex next time.
Not smarter, just protecting your shtuff. That's why I either do a left at or bring it back the next day. I only do this at my apts. If it was a house, better yet, YOUR house, I'd throw it in the friggin pool.:wink2::happy-very: Oh mercy, I crack myself up sometimes.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thank you for doing the right thing. These people who make up their own rules because they're uncomfortable doing what they're supposed to do are going to piss off our customers AND LOSE US BUSINESS!

I disagree with you. This isn't a matter of pissing off the customers, either shipper or cnee. It is a matter of customer service and the cnee is as much our customer as the shipper is. To say otherwise is semantics. In fact, I think the cnee has more of an impact on our business than the shipper does. I know the company says our business starts with the shipper but it ends with the cnee and if you piss off enough cnee's it gets around. Word of mouth is a powerful tool. I think this does far more harm than re-sending an SR.

If Daves mgt team is ok with how he sheets his pkgs then that is their choice. It's not fair for you or anyone else to bad mouth that. I have brought back SR on a rare occasion and will continue to do so when I feel it is necessary. These instances are very rare and I have to answer for it. It is not something that is encouraged.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Sorry Steve. It's like I said......If I'm a customer who sends a package basic because I want it left on the first attempt, and the UPS driver decides he's smarter than me and DOESN'T leave it....I'm sending it Fed-Ex next time.

The customer is sending it basic because he wants a discount, not because he wants it left on the first attempt 99% of the time.
When the consignee doesn't get their package, that' when they go the FedEx.

over9five

Staff member
The customer is sending it basic because he wants a discount, not because he wants it left on the first attempt 99% of the time.
When the consignee doesn't get their package, that' when they go the FedEx.
I see you think you are smarter than the customer too. This will lose us customers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I see you think you are smarter than the customer too. This will lose us customers.

We will keep more customers if we continue to take care of them.

Let me give you just one example. I have an eye doctor on my area who does not like for me to indirect his packages for any reason. He gives me a note whenever he goes on vacation listing the days that he will not be there and asks that we put his pkgs on hold. How do you think he would feel if he were to show up his first day back from vacation to find Basic packages sitting by his door? He would be pissed and would be on the phone calling the 1-800# and I wouldn't blame him for doing so.

It is not a matter of us being smarter than the customer--it is a matter of us taking care of that customer. Who knows, maybe he will tell a patient, who will then tell two more people, and so on...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Let me give you just one example. I have an eye doctor on my area who does not like for me to indirect his packages for any reason. He gives me a note whenever he goes on vacation listing the days that he will not be there and asks that we put his pkgs on hold. How do you think he would feel if he were to show up his first day back from vacation to find Basic packages sitting by his door? He would be pissed and would be on the phone calling the 1-800# and I wouldn't blame him for doing so.

It is not a matter of us being smarter than the customer--it is a matter of us taking care of that customer. Who knows, maybe he will tell a patient, who will then tell two more people, and so on...
Ha Ha, I just flashed back to the 70's.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

People aren't sending it basic because they want it delivered on the first attempt. They send it basic because they want it sent cheap. And if you send a package basic, how do you know if a UPS driver or a Postal Carrier will deliver it? The basic service is designed to be a bare bones, no frill service.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
People aren't sending it basic because they want it delivered on the first attempt. They send it basic because they want it sent cheap. And if you send a package basic, how do you know if a UPS driver or a Postal Carrier will deliver it? The basic service is designed to be a bare bones, no frill service.

I keep saying that, maybe they'll listen to you.
It's a discount service.
That's why the company doesn't want to see it going out for a second attempt.
If the consignee doesn't ultimately receive the package, everybody loses.
Maybe not in the form of a claim on UPS, rather a loss of confidence for future business.

SWORDFISH

I keep saying that, maybe they'll listen to you.
It's a discount service.
That's why the company doesn't want to see it going out for a second attempt.
If the consignee doesn't ultimately receive the package, everybody loses.
Maybe not in the form of a claim on UPS, rather a loss of confidence for future business.

I covered a route today in the country that the regular driver put NI 1 on friday for a basic package. I just figured it was a package that got put on the wrong truck and someone put NI because they couldnt get to it, but I got to the door and their was a delivery notice signed on the door. It was a good dr location(last house on a dead end road) yet the driver put NI. I had to laugh and I was thinking maybe UPstate delivered this route on friday. By the way I knocked on the door and left it.

blue efficacy

If it is that important to the doctor, he should make sure his shippers are using a level of service that provides for what he wants.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I covered a route today in the country that the regular driver put NI 1 on friday for a basic package. I just figured it was a package that got put on the wrong truck and someone put NI because they couldnt get to it, but I got to the door and their was a delivery notice signed on the door. It was a good dr location(last house on a dead end road) yet the driver put NI. I had to laugh and I was thinking maybe UPstate delivered this route on friday. By the way I knocked on the door and left it.

I would have also knocked on the door and left the pkg.

UPSF Peeon

its work as directed not work as directed unless you think you have a better way of doing things

if they told me to leave a pallet of gold bars in front of an empty building on the southside of chicago id do it, but i would take pictures of the freight and call my union steward to let him know that when this gets stolen it will come back on me and i am working as directed so theres nothing they can do

on the freight side we have to call in everything before we bring it back...they want it delivered no matter what it takes