Why do we have to wait....

Heavy Package

Now, with a handshake agreement in place, what's the hold up?

What's the hold up? Supplements give them another chance to play the back 9 - that's what!

I am SICK of the threads about the damn $4.15 raise over 5 YEARS. This contract sells FT drivers down the river with no information regarding better working conditions.

This contract sells current PT down the river by telling them that their years of service at low wages mean nothing to UPS with no catch-up pay or 1-time bonus. And, in addition, if you want to drive you will be the red-headed stepchild driver class working the crappiest days of the week at a 30% pay cut.

Tell the negotiating team Hell No! Get off the golf course and get us better working conditions and guarantees! Where's the 9.5 guarantee with an opt-out clause that we were hearing about? Where's the 60-hr max work week guarantee? Where's the no PVD protection? And for you PT'ers - Where is your catch-up pay or one-time bonus payout? Want the FT gig? You will be a whore to UPS at a 30% discount.

600.gif

Pullman Brown

....for the supplements to get wrapped up in order to view the details, all of them, of this so-called "handshake ageement"?

I have been patient, actually supporting the notion that the Negotiating Committee need not report every tidbit that got pushed across the table by either side during the process.

But enough is enough.

When the IBT asked for a "strike authorization", we deserved to know the sticking points then....instead we gave them blind, carte blanche power to strike.

Now, with a handshake ageement in place, what's the hold up?
I can think of no disadvantage to supplemental committees to have the "agreement" revealed?
Actually, it could be an advantage and an opportunity for supplemental committes to preview sentiment from the membership, so they could address perceived shortcomings in the Master in their various supplements?

What don't they want us to know?....it doesn't make sense.

Right now most of the members are pissed off based on, probably the best highlights of the contract that we have, can you imagine if we had the whole contract and the outrage that it would create? My theory is the less time the membership has to look over this below average deal the less criticism they have to hear! But their is no good reason we don't have it!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
What's the hold up? Supplements give them another chance to play the back 9 - that's what!

I am SICK of the threads about the damn $4.15 raise over 5 YEARS. This contract sells FT drivers down the river with no information regarding better working conditions.

This contract sells current PT down the river by telling them that their years of service at low wages mean nothing to UPS with no catch-up pay or 1-time bonus. And, in addition, if you want to drive you will be the red-headed stepchild driver class working the crappiest days of the week at a 30% pay cut.

Tell the negotiating team Hell No! Get off the golf course and get us better working conditions and guarantees! Where's the 9.5 guarantee with an opt-out clause that we were hearing about? Where's the 60-hr max work week guarantee? Where's the no PVD protection? And for you PT'ers - Where is your catch-up pay or one-time bonus payout? Want the FT gig? You will be a whore to UPS at a 30% discount.

600.gif
Don't forget they are raising union dues this contract. So kiss that less then inflation raise goodbye

browned out

More like 10 postcards, bifolds, trifolds and newsletters pushing their propaganda and their concessionary contract reached through collusion.
Don't waste our dues money on the mailings.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They will first prep you with a bi folded color copy of the summery to make it sound top notch in the hopes that people won’t read the actual language to elicit a yes vote. That’s my guess.
More like 10 postcards, bifolds, trifolds and newsletters pushing their propaganda and their concessionary contract reached through collusion.
Don't waste our dues money on the mailings.
No DVD this time???

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
The language must be weak for them not to release it by now. Anyone who's been with the company long enough knows they will abuse it to hell if they can.

If you're part-time DO NOT vote yes unless the language is strong and clear. Otherwise in the future you might be busting your ass for something new called "Presort" loading a few package cars most likely having to take one of them out on your next shift still sweating from loading to bust your ass even more to get rid of all the packages while picking up packages in the process only to do that again the next day for less pay while doing two jobs for the company. That's would taking it up the butt hybrid style.

specter208

Completely get rid of 22.4 and replace with 9.5 list opt-out option. And/Or replace with dedicated Irreg driver teams using 24ft vans with lift gates.

Ghost in the Darkness

Typical politician and used car salesman, they need to figure out the best way to market a pile of dog poo to make look appealing. Maybe some spray paint, a masking aroma and a bow on the top.

specter208

A van would be hard to deliver out of on my residential streets.
Or just use a regular PKG car. But the point is that drivers would have the option to leave all there Irregs and have dedicated routes created just for delivering these things, and there would be two drivers per truck to help each other.

brown_trousers

....for the supplements to get wrapped up in order to view the details, all of them, of this so-called "handshake ageement"?

I have been patient, actually supporting the notion that the Negotiating Committee need not report every tidbit that got pushed across the table by either side during the process.

But enough is enough.

When the IBT asked for a "strike authorization", we deserved to know the sticking points then....instead we gave them blind, carte blanche power to strike.

Now, with a handshake ageement in place, what's the hold up?
I can think of no disadvantage to supplemental committees to have the "agreement" revealed?
Actually, it could be an advantage and an opportunity for supplemental committes to preview sentiment from the membership, so they could address perceived shortcomings in the Master in their various supplements?

What don't they want us to know?....it doesn't make sense.

They released the NMA language last contract before supplements and riders were passed. They are just being :censored2:s this time.

I wish we could call a vote to just fire all our negotiators and start over.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
They released the NMA language last contract before supplements and riders were passed. They are just being :censored2:s this time.

I wish we could call a vote to just fire all our negotiators and start over.
To be fair, I have to say that's not the case.

They are claiming that they need all of the negotiations to be completed in regards to these supplements, not "passed", before they can release the details of the Master.

You are correct that many supplements failed to "pass", but they were all shoved down our throats with the Master, at the same time, last time around as well.

I'm asking someone to explain to us why that's necessary, other than "that's the way we have always done it".

brown_trousers

They are claiming that they need all of the negotiations to be completed in regards to these supplements, not "passed", before they can release the details of the Master.

I'm asking someone to explain to us why that's necessary, other than "that's the way we have always done it".

Its not the way we have always done it. I remember last contract we had a completed NMA to look over, while supplements and riders were still being negotiated.

bowhnterdon

You are correct that many supplements failed to "pass", but they were all shoved down our throats with the Master, at the same time, last time around as well.

Big Union Guy, don’t you have an insulting and condescending response??

Indecisi0n

600.gif
Where did you get that video of @Gumby ?

ski or die

Ski or Die
Its not the way we have always done it. I remember last contract we had a completed NMA to look over, while supplements and riders were still being negotiated.
If I remember correctly, Louisville was unhappy with travel time from lot to building as well as Health Insurance and voted no. But our Union decision was the Master was agreed upon and other locals voted for the Health Insurance so the union refused to let them strike.

browned out

Yeah, that's right. How could I forget the DVD. I still have all that wasted dues money crap from the last contract.
This time I am going to refuse/RTS or reroute to the Teamsters in DC.