Why do we have to wait....

F

Frankie's Friend

Bet we’ll see dave Murray on that back page still???
20180122_223008.jpg

browned out

Hoffa is holding back all the details because he was/is waiting for the reaction from UPSers on social media and at the hub/centers, etc.

Now; after getting feedback; Hoffa will tweak the Master CBA a bit to put it more in line with what UPSers want and to appease the members.

And Hoffa will be able to state 1 issue was holding the reason we voted no (22.4 hybrids) and shove it thru like he did last time when HOFFA/HALL stated the only reason we voted that CBA down was health care. Nothing could be further from the truth. There are numerous issues with the 2018 CBA and there were numerous issues with the 2013 CBA.

We need to address more issues than the hybrid driver when we finally see the agreement.

Tony Q

....for the supplements to get wrapped up in order to view the details, all of them, of this so-called "handshake ageement"?

I have been patient, actually supporting the notion that the Negotiating Committee need not report every tidbit that got pushed across the table by either side during the process.

But enough is enough.

When the IBT asked for a "strike authorization", we deserved to know the sticking points then....instead we gave them blind, carte blanche power to strike.

Now, with a handshake ageement in place, what's the hold up?
I can think of no disadvantage to supplemental committees to have the "agreement" revealed?
Actually, it could be an advantage and an opportunity for supplemental committes to preview sentiment from the membership, so they could address perceived shortcomings in the Master in their various supplements?

What don't they want us to know?....it doesn't make sense.
Its a little bit disorganized. I will give you that.

Tony Q

Come on @BigUnionGuy , @Inthegame , and even @Tony Q(just for kicks), Denis and Jimmy....

....help us understand.

It's a "reasonable" question.
I would like to take a step back and let everything set in. No offense, but there is more information to come. I know it is discerning that these negotiations are so messed up at the moment. It stinks, but I feel after you see all the content you will be able to make a more educated decision.

Tony Q

C’mon @Tony Q that’s all ya got is an informative charm

Thought you were better than that
Sometimes it better to sit back and watch you all talk and let it unfold. You know how you know guys who love to here themselves talk, well there are also those who like to type. I get the sky is falling scenario you all feel like you are in, I do. I would just hate for you to type a whole bunch I things you would like to take back in a couple weeks when you actually get to sit down and see everything. The 22.4 stuff aside. I bet there are things in this CBA you end up liking. Hang in there brother.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I would like to take a step back and let everything set in. No offense, but there is more information to come. I know it is discerning that these negotiations are so messed up at the moment. It stinks, but I feel after you see all the content you will be able to make a more educated decision.
Not to be a grammar or spelling Nazi, but I have to believe (hope even) that you meant "disconcerting"?

....the two words are almost the complete inverse of each other.

clean hairy

Sometimes it better to sit back and watch you all talk and let it unfold. You know how you know guys who love to here themselves talk, well there are also those who like to type. I get the sky is falling scenario you all feel like you are in, I do. I would just hate for you to type a whole bunch I things you would like to take back in a couple weeks when you actually get to sit down and see everything. The 22.4 stuff aside. I bet there are things in this CBA you end up liking. Hang in there brother.
In That case, the leadership should be eager to share this (supposed) wonderful master proposal with us.
The reluctance to do so might indicate otherwise....