Why does the left get so triggered when secession is brought up?

Thebrownblob

Are you suggesting American politicians aren’t bought and paid for? Or that somehow that’s “clean” money influencing the votes of politicians for the enrichment of those who paid it?

That does make sense as long as “money is speech”. It’s just strange that the political side seems like slimy swamp creature activity but the capitalism side seems like sharp corporate maneuvering.
They are all bought and paid for. Including by unions because we also have pac funds. It’s a sucky, dirty filthy game and we have to play in the cat box, full of turds to get anything accomplished

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I definitely lean right on many social issues but I’m 100% for labor. And I can personally say after being around plenty of politicians, you can’t put anybody in a box because you never know which one of these bastards are gonna stab you in the back.
Exactly. Politicians lie for a living, right and left. The difference is the left laps up all the lies as facts. I’m more independent, I don’t trust anyone. Actions speak louder than words. The democrats are actively destroying the country and the republicans have hearings and talk a good game but when they had the opportunity to do something about it they didn’t. We are on are own. But the lemmings on the left are delusional.

Thebrownblob

Exactly. Politicians lie for a living, right and left. The difference is the left laps up all the lies as facts. I’m more independent, I don’t trust anyone. Actions speak louder than words. The democrats are actively destroying the country and the republicans have hearings and talk a good game but when they had the opportunity to do something about it they didn’t. We are on are own. But the lemmings on the left are delusional.
Trust me, we are definitely on our own. Every politician, who says they have honest convictions, would sell you out for the highest bidder.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Please don’t insult me lol
That’s their default position, they immediately bring up the most extreme elements of the party and use that to paint everyone with the same brush. Childish. They should take the plank out of their own eye first before pointing out the splinter in someone else’s.

PT Car Washer

I imagine you’d see some states like North and South Dakota become blue very quickly. Probably Kansas, Nebraska, and Missouri too once they figured how much North South infrastructure across US Highway 80 would cost them.
Just take away their farm subsidies. Farmers are the countries largest welfare recipients. Especially the multi millionaire farmers that never walked across a plowed field in their life.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You would think they would be happy to be separated from us redneck knuckle draggers, clinging to our Bibles and assault rifles.

We would honestly be happy to break away from the left under almost any circumstances. We want nothing to do with their demonic culture and values. You would think they would want to separate from us as well?

Course I know the answer is they want power and control over everyone but I’d like to hear what others think
Why don't you bible humpers move to the holy land?

Jiangshi

Heavily Moderated User, Loves Sailfish
I found this letter to the editor that was written over 30 years ago.

1678641382932.png

Jiangshi

I don’t know if it was actually a letter written 30 years ago or not, but I do know The Overton window theory is at play. Each generation accepting more and more radical ideas and disappointments as normal. I wonder how far that window can be opened or moved?
Care to explain how the Overton Window is at play? The same sentiment being expressed over 30 years ago is being expressed in this thread.

Thebrownblob

Care to explain how the Overton Window is at play? The same sentiment being expressed over 30 years ago is being expressed in this thread.
Really? Crime is worse than 30 years ago,we have more and higher taxation in every facet of our life. Home ownership is becoming impossible for more and more ect ect and all is becoming ignored or acceptable at these higher and even more extreme levels…

Jiangshi

Really? Crime is worse than 30 years ago,we have more and higher taxation in every facet of our life. Home ownership is becoming impossible for more and more ect ect and all is becoming ignored or acceptable at these higher and even more extreme levels…
Crime rates were higher in the early 1990's and we were in a recession with high unemployment. Mortgage rates were over 8% and home ownership was lower than today.

Things are better today than the early 90's.

Thebrownblob

Crime rates were higher in the early 1990's and we were in a recession with high unemployment. Mortgage rates were over 8% and home ownership was lower than today.

Things are better today than the early 90's.
Yes, and all those things you mentioned people hopelessness is even higher. I love how the left says unemployment rates are better even though people are working jobs that pay less have less benefits, less retirement options, etc. etc. ask your average millennial/ Gen Y if they have any hope of owning a home and I think you’re smugness will go away. Rates are creeping higher and even worse than that is the actual price of owning a home now. The slim chance they had slipping further away, Take a drive through any left leaning large city and tell me crime is down very funny. How about a $50,000 on a $20 an hour job? Funny indeed. Step outside of your safe space and ask someone actually affected by these things not yourself who’s retired and already done all those things but the next group won’t be able to or have to worry about.

Last edited: