Why I give... (Un Way)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You would be wrong.

For the first two years of our daughter's life I worked days and she worked evenings so the bedtime routine was my responsibility. The reverse happened during the first two years of our son's life. They both turned out just fine.
Okay, I'm wrong about the first two years. What about the rest?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You would be wrong.

For the first two years of our daughter's life I worked days and she worked evenings so the bedtime routine was my responsibility. The reverse happened during the first two years of our son's life. They both turned out just fine.
Omg you successfully put a child to bed for two whole years!!!!!

Here you deserve this.
image.jpeg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Was she a stay at home wife while they were growing up?

She has been an RN since 1983. Daughter was born in 1984 and son in 1987. She worked at a local hospital while we were stationed in Texas (1984-89). She supported us when I first started at UPS as a casual in 1989. The kids are who they are today because of both of us.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You would be wrong.

Putting them to bed and feeding them breakfast does not necessarily make one a wonderful father.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
She has been an RN since 1983. Daughter was born in 1984 and son in 1987. She worked at a local hospital while we were stationed in Texas (1984-89). She supported us when I first started at UPS as a casual in 1989. The kids are who they are today because of both of us.
So she worked the whole time they were under 18?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...and she continues to work to this day....33 years as a nurse and no end in sight...

We actually turned down a 4 year assignment at Torrejon (Spain) because they could not guarantee that she would be able to get a nursing job on base. She has just graduated from nursing school and it would be unfair for me to ask her to put her career on hold for 4 years. We ended up in West Texas instead, which is where both kids were born.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Each and every time that he says something stupid on this forum.

I wish I could share your confidence but I am afraid that the bulk of the parenting is going to fall on your wife's shoulders.

Parenting is a team job------right now you are still down in the minors. You need to step up your game.

Tell us again how strong your marriage is...oh wait you're divorced and alone...and without friends. Maybe comments like this are why.

Wow, you put your kids to bed and fed them for two whole years.

Once again, tell us how strong your marriage is again.

Is it as good as your parenting skills???