Why I give... (Un Way)

HardknocksUPSer

Anyone else get on UPSers and watch the "why I give" video. Is it just me or are all of those people on there full of Sugar, Honey, Ice Tea...just throwing it out there, the reason 90% of employees donate to the United Way is because management forces themselves on us and makes us feel guilty if we don't. ..so any of you just flat out not donate anything?
I don't donate anything? Was nit picked and told I'd be fired the day after I told the center manager I was not giving. The center manager finally knocked it off. The center manager said "well such and such (name inserted) gives something and he's a tight wad" I replied "if such and such jumps off a bridge do I?" center manager didn't take kindly to that.

sox

Ok back on thread. Several years ago our Ba and his boss were able to have our joint council 10 scholarship fund certified by the Uf as an eligible charity it's a no brainier all the money goes for college scholarships and as the younger folks see the money kids are awarded they check the box hoping to benefit when it's their kids turn. As a parent who was doubly blessed I can tell u my hands were trembling the time I opened the second notification.
I don't know if this is available nationwide but it should be.
The way I felt was if I'm going to help someone i hope I knew them

beentheredonethat

My father always told me that figures don't lie, but liars sure do figure. That 3% quote is misleading at best and it is what they provide. On page 5 of link (from planned parenthood) They indicated they treated 2.5 Million patients. On page 30 they indicated they performed 323,999 abortions. That represents 12.96% of their patients got abortions. Now how can they say 3% when it is really more? Easy.. Liars sure do figure. That girl who went in for an abortion, first had a pregnancy test to find out she was really pregnant, They give her an STD test, they give her contraception to use for later, and perhaps another test too. Or some other girls who went for an abortion really weren't pregnant. That alone alters the percentage of total services since relating to abortion downwards. https://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/2114/5089/0863/2014-2015_PPFA_Annual_Report_.pdf
I get some people may not like what I posted. But I simply gave a link to the planned parenthood annual reports and showed their numbers. 12.96% of people who are patients get an abortion. That is way four fold what they try to lead you to believe.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anyone else get on UPSers and watch the "why I give" video. Is it just me or are all of those people on there full of Sugar, Honey, Ice Tea...just throwing it out there, the reason 90% of employees donate to the United Way is because management forces themselves on us and makes us feel guilty if we don't. ..so any of you just flat out not donate anything?
I give nothing and like it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As I'm sure the bulk of the parenting in YOUR house fell on the shoulders of your wife.

You would be wrong.

For the first two years of our daughter's life I worked days and she worked evenings so the bedtime routine was my responsibility. The reverse happened during the first two years of our son's life. They both turned out just fine.