Why is ups never mentioned

Savvy412

I always read articles about the top 20-50 paying jobs with no college degrees. Or the 20 hardest jobs or the most stressful jobs ... And I have never seen ups mentioned. .. Ever ...

How could a job that pays 70k+ in 4 years not be mentioned

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I always read articles about the top 20-50 paying jobs with no college degrees. Or the 20 hardest jobs or the most stressful jobs ... And I have never seen ups mentioned. .. Ever ...

How could a job that pays 70k+ in 4 years not be mentioned
First thought that comes to mind: it's a union job.

Second thought: the company doesn't want it published.

Last edited:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Because they usually don't focus on a specific company just the job ie welder or truck driver. The average delivery driver does not make 70k

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I would say because part time employees out number the full timers. So if you actually average the salary together it wouldn't be that high. This is of course just my opinion I really don't know why for a fact.

Savvy412

Everyone is making good points about the money . But still surprised ups driver or worker wouldn't be on a list for hardest jobs . Because on the one I seen they had construction and stuff like that . Loading a truck during peak is a lot harder overall then digging a ditch . And being a ups driver "day to day" is harder then construction. I did both so i would know . Not saying construction is easy , but ups as a whole belongs on those lists. Just saying . I mean anytime you mention you work a ups , you get. Oh wow .. You must work your ass off or some story of someone they know did it and quit because it was too hard

I DEMAND IT BE ON LISTS! I need my life validated =(

Last edited:
Everyone is making good points about the money . But still surprised ups driver or worker wouldn't be on a list for hardest jobs . Because on the one I seen they had construction and stuff like that . Loading a truck during peak is a lot harder overall then digging a ditch . And being a ups driver "day to day" is harder then construction. I did both so i would know . Not saying construction is easy , but ups as a whole belongs on those lists. Just saying . I mean anytime you mention you work a ups , you get. Oh wow .. You must work your ass off or some story of someone they know did it and quit because it was too hard

I DEMAND IT BE ON LISTS! I need my life validated =(
200w (36).gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sorry but you are way off base with that one.
I've done both for many years as well. Digging a ditch with a shovel is probably harder, but no one is telling you how to do it with 100 reports. I would go back to ditch digging if it had the same bennies and pension, just to not get your chops busted about what you did wrong the day before.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I've done both for many years as well. Digging a ditch with a shovel is probably harder, but no one is telling you how to do it with 100 reports. I would go back to ditch digging if it had the same bennies and pension, just to not get your chops busted about what you did wrong the day before.

Did they hurt you feelings?

oldngray

nowhere special

Star B

White Lightening
It's all about public perception. The public doesn't know that we are micromanaged to the second. They don't know about the cluster that is preload/sort. They don't know what it's like to do 50-150+ stops.

Additionally, ask anyone who's had their job glamorized by TV.... it's not good when the public starts swarming around. They are already trying (and to some extent) succeeding at making our jobs so brain dead that they can drag someone off the street, throw them in uniform, and send them out with a [diad/ppad]

Personally, let the public think what they want. We don't need to go advertising our salaries just to "feel better"