Why is ups never mentioned

Gear

Parts on Order
Actually it does.

Work experience and the amount of time you spent at a job makes the difference. The only extra edges a person may get is military or friends or family of someone already employed. An employer doesnt see UPS on a resume and say, "This is the guy, he worked at UPS." We are no better then any other worker out there. I do notice the longer some people been with the company the further they get from reality. After so many years in one spot it happens. Like being in prison or 30 years in the military. Its all you know, and all that matters.

Savvy412

Work experience and the amount of time you spent at a job makes the difference. The only extra edges a person may get is military or friends or family of someone already employed. An employer doesnt see UPS on a resume and say, "This is the guy, he worked at UPS." We are no better then any other worker out there. I do notice the longer some people been with the company the further they get from reality. After so many years in one spot it happens. Like being in prison or 30 years in the military. Its all you know, and all that matters.
Well. I actually had a interviewer tell me .. Wow. We would love to have you . We really respect the culture at ups and would love to have you on board . And actually questioned why I would want this job because ups is such a great company (I was just in the warehouse 6-9 at the time
. Also a guy on my old route owns a trucking company and practically begged me to work for him .

Unless that was just virtual "reality" or something

Being a ups driver is great/good on a resume.

Re-Raise

I do notice the longer some people been with the company the further they get from reality.
When I look around the center for someone to give me life lessons, the last person I think of to get advice from is the mechanic.

How about you just try to keep my package car from leaking?

Bottom rung

Well. I actually had a interviewer tell me .. Wow. We would love to have you . We really respect the culture at ups and would love to have you on board . And actually questioned why I would want this job because ups is such a great company (I was just in the warehouse 6-9 at the time
. Also a guy on my old route owns a trucking company and practically begged me to work for him .

Unless that was just virtual "reality" or something

Being a ups driver is great/good on a resume.
Respect the culture at ups?...I'd stay far away from anyone who thinks the culture at ups is respectable. 90% of trucking companies are sweat shops on wheels. They're all for hiring good help but drive them away with low pay.

Geo926

I think there are way harder jobs out there than UPS. Like me and a lot of other drivers say, it's cardboard.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I always read articles about the top 20-50 paying jobs with no college degrees. Or the 20 hardest jobs or the most stressful jobs ... And I have never seen ups mentioned. .. Ever ...

How could a job that pays 70k+ in 4 years not be mentioned
and 98 thousand if you have been there 30

Gear

Parts on Order
Grammar .. The difference between knowing your :censored2: and knowing you're :censored2:. And full-time UPS drivers make about 85 to 95k a year.

When I see someone giving another person lessons on grammar, the last person I expect it to be is a delivery driver.

How about you just keep delivering packages.

Re-Raise

When I see someone giving another person lessons on grammar, the last person I expect it to be is a delivery driver.

How about you just keep delivering packages.
Did you fix my package car yet?

There are more educated drivers than you probably realize.

I don't understand why the mechanic felt it was his responsibility to tell the drivers how people view their job.

Gear

Parts on Order
Did you fix my package car yet?

There are more educated drivers than you probably realize.

I don't understand why the mechanic felt it was his responsibility to tell the drivers how people view their job.

First off. Parts are on order for your package car. Not sure when they'll come in. Maybe after a few cups of coffee and I read my newspaper.

The grammar and driver comment was a response to your mechanic and life lesson comment. You're so uptight today. Its saturday morning, relax.

billerz

so your making $2,041 a week? how
I'm still in progression, and at 19 an hour I make a thousand a week before taxes. Yes some weeks I don't work that much ot so it gets lower than that, but I totally see a top rate driver making 2k a week.

Re-Raise

I know you guys will get mad for me saying this, but-

Nobody other then UPS drivers and their wives/husbands think its a hard job. As far as people are concerned, you delivery packages. No different then the mailman or the milkman back in the day. This is why I would say its not on the hardest job list.

Normal people do not think about UPS. I hear guys say having UPS on your resume will make a difference, it doesnt.
I understand what you are saying, but I see a different side of this.

In the small town Midwest area I live in, I get asked all the time about whether we have openings at UPS.

With a total compensation package of near 140K a year it is pretty rare where I live. I make as much as the bank president and the local school superintendent in my home town. I know because they are friends of mine.

Bottom line, people probably don't think about it much.

JL 0513

2K gross you're looking at about a 54 hour week. Happens from time to time. Some centers apparently have their drivers do that often, other centers barely ever.

On weeks where there's a working Holiday (paid for holiday, plus paid time and a half or double working it) then over $2K is easy.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
2K gross you're looking at about a 54 hour week. Happens from time to time. Some centers apparently have their drivers do that often, other centers barely ever.

On weeks where there's a working Holiday (paid for holiday, plus paid time and a half or double working it) then over $2K is easy.

I average 55 a week, last year I averaged about 57...kinda need to in the Bay Area =\