Why No Climate Control?

SIEGFRIED

Just like people who dont answer the door. But can pickup the phone to complain?
I always answer the door, if they knock, and I see some bloke in funny brown shorts running as fast as he can to the truck and peeling out. I am assuming so I can't ask him why the package is half destroyed and send it back....

SIEGFRIED

Again I ask, hundreds of miles to Walmart? That's like saying there's no Starbucks in Seattle.
OK. I google mapped it for you. 127.5 miles. So maybe I misjudged a bit. Still not walkable.

EDIT-Besides that, I order items from all over the USA. And from many vendors. That's not the point. I mean seriously, has it always been this way? Or is this a new thing? Like replacing the signature with the quick sprint?

JL 0513

There's no such car with a heated or cooled trunk. A $100K luxury car doesn't even have such a feature because it's pointless.

Also, standards aren't going down in a manner you think since climate control is something never done in regular shipping. The only trucks with climate controlled cargo areas are food trucks or other special merchandise.

OP, many of us drive package cars built in the '80's that don't even have power steering. They are stick shift too. No UPS vehicle is even equipped with a radio. Many of the trucks barely have working heat in the cab for the driver. AC is a fantasy. Do you really think we would have heated and air conditioned cargo areas?

SIEGFRIED

Consider yourself lucky for all the years you did not have a complaint about UPS delivery service. You are way ahead. Some customers complain daily about the service.
I am, actually. This is a first for me. And contrary to some of the brown(bag?) posters here, I am not complaining. I am attempting to question and do research.

PhatAzz

A. the laptop was way overpriced anyways
B. It would not have been destroyed but we would probably have stolen it, misdelivered it, failed to deliver it on time but it would NOT have been destroyed!
C. You really need to venture out in the real world more often if you think you are the only with problems

D. Hookers!!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Sounds like the regulars here are actually doing all the bitchin...
It's threads like yours that make want to get up in the morning and the same threads that keep me laughing long into the night.

I mean seriously, has it always been this way? Or is this a new thing? Like replacing the signature with the quick sprint?
I already told you since around 1905.

OP, many of us drive package cars built in the '80's that don't even have power steering. They are stick shift too. No UPS vehicle is even equipped with a radio. Many of the trucks barely have working heat in the cab for the driver. AC is a fantasy. Do you really think we would have heated and air conditioned cargo areas?
I have a 5-gallon bucket for a driver seat.

SIEGFRIED

Are you hot?
I am a poor dude with kids. So probably not too much. Unless UPS is gay-friendly now? They do have those lil'brown shorts....

But my home is very deliverable. No gates or fences, dog, or anything. Unless UPS drivers have a fear of squirrels, there is nothing at my home that would interfere with delivery. And in the winter I make sure the walks are clear and clean for the delivery gents. I would leave a snack and a drink on a little table if it was allowed.

Again, I am attempting research, not complaints. Now the USPS, once a glorious organization like nothing that has ever existed, is disgusting. Wouldn't trust them to deliver my rubbish to the dump. Of course, they are all private contractors now. Had a delivery with them a few weeks back. Small item from Japan. $80 EMS delivery for a tiny 5oz envelope. Delivered by some 200kg fatso, crack-hotel dwelling, child molester in a 40 year old rust bucket of a car. Not a single "USPS" emblem on the vehicle nor the "mailman". The only thing he was wearing was grease stains on his shirt. I got my gun before I opened the door! Had no idea he was delivering my expensive international express EMS!

SIEGFRIED

It's threads like yours that make want to get up in the morning and the same threads that keep me laughing long into the night.
Well if it has always been that way, I guess I have my answer.

As for the other stuff, is it really that bad? I guess they sacrifice the equipment, so they can keep your salaries so high. What is it now? $30 an hour for new hire?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am a poor dude with kids. So probably not too much. Unless UPS is gay-friendly now? They do have those lil'brown shorts....

But my home is very deliverable. No gates or fences, dog, or anything. Unless UPS drivers have a fear of squirrels, there is nothing at my home that would interfere with delivery. And in the winter I make sure the walks are clear and clean for the delivery gents. I would leave a snack and a drink on a little table if it was allowed.

Again, I am attempting research, not complaints. Now the USPS, once a glorious organization like nothing that has ever existed, is disgusting. Wouldn't trust them to deliver my rubbish to the dump. Of course, they are all private contractors now. Had a delivery with them a few weeks back. Small item from Japan. $80 EMS delivery for a tiny 5oz envelope. Delivered by some 200kg fatso, crack-hotel dwelling, child molester in a 40 year old rust bucket of a car. Not a single "USPS" emblem on the vehicle nor the "mailman". The only thing he was wearing was grease stains on his shirt. I got my gun before I opened the door! Had no idea he was delivering my expensive international express EMS!

Sounds like a Troll to me!

SIEGFRIED

I just did not know is all. And I am a dude, thank you. Just a friendly inquiry. I will file for a refund. I was going to have them replaced, but....

I was looking for a "Holy crap! I never heard of that before! It was just fluke."