Why shouldn't we strike?

clean hairy

Be interesting if it was to happen, seeing management and folks fresh off the street trying to run routes they know nothing about using only Orion to get them through the day......
What you think? less than a week, and Management would scream Uncle and want to settle?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have a union shop on my route. They didn't pass the strike vote and the only got a nickel raise.

I knew the owner for decades. Je said if those P* would have had the balls to pass a strike vote, they would have gotten a better contract
My buddy that delivers beer basically goes through the same thing. Last contract they voted it down because they made them start paying for healthcare.

Boss comes in throwing a fit threatening them and boom
Next vote passes with no changes.

Be interesting if it was to happen, seeing management and folks fresh off the street trying to run routes they know nothing about using only Orion to get them through the day......
What you think? less than a week, and Management would scream Uncle and want to settle?
A strike would be the very last resort.

But when you throw your Ace away, the company isn't going to take the union seriously.

And the union winders why they can't get members in the right to work states.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
How does a strike actually work? I would love to see a preloader strike and force management to climb in the back of those semis spending 5 hours unloading packages. Lol
I would pay to get to watch my sups have to do that just for one week. Lol
But seriously I'm curious what is the steps to going on strike?

Overpaid Union Thug

A strike today wouldn't be supported by the public as it was 20 yrs ago , your getting paid health care, a pension , and 34 an hour to drive a truck !
You know with all of the hate for large corporations and big money you'd think it would be the opposite.

I don't think either one of those perceptions it's 100% accurate. The media, as most of us know, is predominantly controlled by one particular segment of the political spectrum and those two perceptions were what they wanted the general public to see on the news.