Why so much whining

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I definitely don't believe the op is upstate. I was reacting to his support of the op.

I will believe upstate is upssocks until someone else owns up to it.

Last edited:

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
welcome to brown cafe,, your post has described this forum perfectly, mostly miserable people that forget this is a job and ups as a company that owes them nothing .. i will say it again, quit.. this is a option,, anyways , sleve,, can you do partial differentials mentally?

DorkHead

Its unfortunate when a person who is otherwise intelligent and well-spoken buys into such uninformed and ignrorant stereotypes.

Anyone who works for UPS (or just about any blue collar job for that matter) today owes a debt of gratitude to the "joe unions" of the past. They walked picket lines and fought and bled and even died for radical, "entitlement" based concepts such as the 40 hr workweek, overtime, sick pay, lunch breaks, and a living wage that they could support a family on.

Its too bad that so many of those "joe unions" would fail to live up to the high standards of excellence and intellect that would be placed upon them by some of the very same people who currently benefit from the sacrifices that they made.

This is spot on!!!!!!!!!!!

Its unfortunate when a person who is otherwise intelligent and well-spoken buys into such uninformed and ignrorant stereotypes.Anyone who works for UPS (or just about any blue collar job for that matter) today owes a debt of gratitude to the "joe unions" of the past. They walked picket lines and fought and bled and even died for radical, "entitlement" based concepts such as the 40 hr workweek, overtime, sick pay, lunch breaks, and a living wage that they could support a family on.Its too bad that so many of those "joe unions" would fail to live up to the high standards of excellence and intellect that would be placed upon them by some of the very same people who currently benefit from the sacrifices that they made.
I am so proud that you are my union brother and we are in the same union. God bless you and your GREAT mind.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
...Anyone who works for UPS (or just about any blue collar job for that matter) today owes a debt of gratitude to the "joe unions" of the past. They walked picket lines and fought and bled and even died for radical, "entitlement" based concepts such as the 40 hr workweek...
What's a "40 hr workweek"??

...Even though many of the people whine like they hate everything about UPS, you can't chase them away. Average length of service is till retirement.
That may have been true a couple of years ago, but it's changing now. In the past 2 years I have seen several of our full timers leave for different careers. Their number one reason was the increased workload and terrible hours. I, myself, would leave in a moments notice if it weren't for my mortgage, college tuition for one of my kids, and other financial obligations. The job I used to love has changed in the last few years and I've really begun to despise it. True, the pay is good and so are the benefits. But it comes at a huge cost. I walked in the house tonight at 9pm and that's the earliest I've returned home this week. I've seen my wife probably a total of 2 hours this week. I get home and she's going to bed. I get up, and she's almost ready to leave for work. I go days sometimes without seeing my youngest child.

ymelord

If you could please post a mailing address, all of us whiners can send you some chapstick, your going to need it.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I haven't seen impressive numbers like those since my center manager, who also was previously the best driver the company ever hired (for 9 months), started as the best unloader the company ever hired. Now he's just the most perfectly round human being in management. The OP could join him in the future, with that people winning, get along - go along attitude.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
True, on the surface. If the person was traveling then it is entirely possible. There are anonymity sites but again those are well known. The OP did not go through an anonymizer.
There are tools to see several layers in the packet delivery and one can make rational deductions.
I think it is even better to look at the personal wordings and phraseology, grammar, punctuation and general levels of confrontation.
This OP does not have the "look and feel" of Upstate or Duckguy.

Seems like one semi anonymous profile per customer should be enough. Wouldn't it be great if anytime someone created a second or third profile, the software that tracks the IP Address would just automatically group all the "alike" IP icons in a single frame with each post.

This would discourage the desire to have split personalities. So for instance if you were posting as your "original" profile it would look as it does today, but if you then create more than one profile then that 2nd or 3rd icon would also show in each post, maybe just a tad smaller depending on which one was being used to post with.

brett636

I find it amusing that this troll has not posted and probably will not post back in this thread. Based on his story he a young drug addicted college student, probably early in his education, who has worked for UPS all of 3 months and knows everything there is to know about this company and every job within it. The problem is this person has not, and probably will not experience everything that is UPS like many here but apparently has decided we are all whiners who don't deserve the jobs we currently hold. I applaud you Mr. know it all because if it weren't for your wisdom I don't know where this forum would be today. :sick:

I am also glad to see Upstate has not missed out on yet another great opportunity to show off his ass. That is all.

True, on the surface. If the person was traveling then it is entirely possible. There are anonymity sites but again those are well known. The OP did not go through an anonymizer.
There are tools to see several layers in the packet delivery and one can make rational deductions.
I think it is even better to look at the personal wordings and phraseology, grammar, punctuation and general levels of confrontation.
This OP does not have the "look and feel" of Upstate or Duckguy.
For the record, I was not insinuating that UpState is this newest troll, never thought that at all. I'm not familiar with this "ducky" person y'all speak of.
Being far from any version of a computer guru, I don't know much about the inter workings of IP addresses and such, but I do know from experience that back when I had both the dial up and the broad band connections I had two very different IP addies that were nowhere close.