WiFi doorbells

Star B

White Lightening
if you really want to annoy them, put the bottom/side farthest from the glue of the notice halfway over the lens. every single time the wind blows, it'll change the scene enough for ding their motion alert.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Had a stop at an apartment building near Harvard Square, they had buzzers to press. Every time I pressed the buzzer a man would answer, claiming some nonsense. After going back and forth with him I realized (1) that I was actually ringing his residence's phone and (2) he was not at the address I was at. Seem some tech had mixed up the wires for the buzzers and tied them into the telephone network.

Heavy Package

If I am setting the package down so that my face goes by the camera, I lower my glasses and look into the lens, really close, like an inch or 2 away. When I do see those people in person, they always wave and say something nice. Just like I like.

Almost all my pants have blown crotches and we can't order any uniforms right now. I put my package by their package. When I do see those people in person, they always wave and say something nice. Just like I like.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Like I've said before.

Pretend you can't hear them. It will drive them crazy because they will assume their door bell isn't working correctly.

I always try and yell out UPS in the middle of them talking. Then shrug your shoulders and fill out the notice and leave.

I wish I could have rated this post "like", "funny", "winner" and "agree" all at once.

This is exactly what I do.

Anything that requires a signature gets a knock on the door and 10 seconds to let me know you're alive in there.

SmithBarney

Just pretend you can't hear them, because in most cases there is nothing they can say that will change the delivery.
If it's a release, I'm releasing it.
If it's a signature, you can't sign through the bell.

Had one lady say "didn't you hear me" complained about having to come all the way across the house(might have been 200sq ft) to open the door, and sign.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Not sure about other brands, but for ring it's $10/year. Not bad really.

Actually for RING it's $3 monthly for camera, or $10 monthly for unlimited number of cameras. Yearly prices are $30 for one, $100 for multiples.

I kind of actually like the doorbells and other cameras. I have some myself & they can be helpful when delivering. I only ring if a signature is needed. A quick double knock is standard mostly. And for those who don't know, you're already on camera the entire time, audio too. Motion activated, night vision, wide angle.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
@rod remember when you were delivering and the door bells consisted of a string that went through a hole into the house connected to an actual bell?
upload_2020-1-17_20-59-25.jpeg

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
The Google Nest Doorbells have facial recognition and automatically saves all faces it see and the availability for the customer to name said face such as ups driver. Most likely everybody on here has had there face saved on Google cloud. Image the information Google has to track everybody.

7C442B11-C980-4FEC-A774-0B54456E46D8.jpeg