WiFi doorbells

rod

Retired 22 years
I grew up with princess phones on the wall with a curley cord that stretched about 3 full city blocks.
I had to laugh at this.My Mother was a telephone operator for Ma Bell and she got a big discount on phones. We had 3 Princess phones in the house (damn near unheard of at that time). My friends thought we were rich. Three phones and a 7 party line.

OKLABob

I always put my info notice over the camera I hate those damn door bells I do not want to talk to you through your doorbell.

clean hairy

Or when they start talking to you through the doorbell, try one of the following:
1) Drop the package and start walking quickly away saying loud enough for them to hear.
"This place must be haunted! I am out of here!"
OR,
2)"This job is really getting to me, now I am hearimg random voices!"

Poop Head

Judge me.
Or when they start talking to you through the doorbell, try one of the following:
1) Drop the package and start walking quickly away saying loud enough for them to hear.
"This place must be haunted! I am out of here!"
OR,
2)"This job is really getting to me, now I am hearimg random voices!"
The last time I responded to a doorbell, I ended up getting roped into mowing and edging their lawn!

Utility81

How many others here refrain from using them? I’d rather avoid a long conversation about their delivery. “Can you please leave it? I’ll be home soon I’m right around the corner,like 5 minutes away. I shouldn’t have to sign for that” Need I say more?
I pretend ring the first time if it’s sig required. Knock, fill out info notice as I’m hearing/seeing no signs of life. For real push the ring button as I’m waking away. Don’t have time do deal with their laggy hello can you hear me? Crap

Rack em

Made the Podium
You guys are crazy, just ring the doorbell and wait for them to start talking. As they ask you to leave the sig required package, just respond "Ok that works I will put it on will call, good idea" and walk away. Then you don't have to stop back again tomorrow. Just pretend you heard them say will call.

The Driver

I drive.
There are literally only a few I will touch on my route. I consider them security systems and not doorbells. There’s no need to ring them anyway because most of them are motion activated. Typically when someone tries to talk to me through one I pretend I don’t hear them or that the connection is bad. LOL

I tried talking to someone with a Ring system and they couldn't hear me. Aggravating. I just walked away after a few tries.

clean hairy

When they talk, cup your ear as if you cannot hear them
Pretend to talk but only mouth the words.
Will have them wondering what is wrong with their doorbell system!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I didn't realize they cost another 10 bucks a month to have all the features. I've got enough 10 -25 -50 buck a month things now -- no thank you.
When I looked up the pricing on them I was shocked because of how many I see around.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Mostly combined. With the units costing so much I expected little monthly cost. For $10 per month I figured they’d run specials fairly regularly for $50 or so to get people to sign up.
$10 a month is unlimited cameras and features. Still not that bad compared to a monthly security service.

allahuakbar

She/Her
I don’t respond when they talk to me through them. If it’s sig required I send it to the access point. I’m not leaving it. If someone comes and steals it or they file a claim they have video evidence of you agreeing to falsifying records. Just pretend to hit the button and walk away.