wild weather

texan

storm55.jpg

texan

Recent photo
14 April 2012 Straight line winds from a thunderstorm this evening blew several semi
tractor/trailers over on Interstate 29 in Fremont county, Iowa.
168-800.jpg

texan

Fresno, CA Friday April 13th, 2012 They got a lot of snow in the last couple days above 4000 feet elevation.
52-800.jpg

texan

Jackson CA, 13 April 2012 The heavy rains over the last two days in our foothills of California have the
creeks rising to almost flood stage.
1265-800.jpg

texan

Storm chasers/meteorologists Marc Austin, Robert McIntyre and Gabe Garfield documented and reported this violent
multi-vortex tornado that struck areas in and around Tushka and Atoka, Oklahoma on April 14, 2011.
They ultimately abandoned the chase to assist with first responders. Sadly, extensive damage resulted in these
communities, and at least two fatality has been confirmed, along with a number of injuries.

[video=youtube;7qYfsPxfnfE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qYfsPxfnfE[/video]

texan

TornadoVideos.net storm chasers watch a rope tornado touching down harmlessly in an open field just northeast of
Chandler, OK on April 14, 2011. We could have EASILY intercepted this tornado if we had the Dominator ready to go.
Just would have messed up our hair a little bit. Sadly, a much more powerful tornado struck the towns
of Atoka and Tushka, OK with injuries
[video=youtube;x5cxNguN_AU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5cxNguN_AU[/video]

texan

Storm chasers Dave Toner and Jason Blum (accompanied by John Heatherly) chase dryline storms in SW Oklahoma.
This storm produced a strong tornado which unfortunately did significant damage and resulted in some deaths.
[video=youtube;oAPrF4zC6-A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAPrF4zC6-A[/video]

menotyou

bella amicizia
God, Almighty!!!! I sincerely hope every one is ok, and continues to be so. Please be careful, if you live anywhere there is wild weather. It really is nothing to play with. Please be safe out there. :peaceful:

klein

Für Meno :)
Yeah, had to use my emergency breaking system tonight. Couldn't brake on the ice, and had to come to a stop at the intersection, but couldn't (and no, I wasn't speeding, actually under the speed limit (40 km instead of 60km).
Best trick and it works, without ruining the tranny (because it's already meant to stop) - I used it - which is throwing it in reverse.
Works like a charm - reverse - then neutral.

This may be the one that took Toto and Dorthy out of Kansas...

Professional storm chaser Jim Reed has been photographing the weather for more than 20 years.
These are older photos, not the current storm system in this thread.

Some of his photos:

storm.jpg

bigbrownhen

We were glued to the weather chanel last night. Our son and his family plus exteded family in Kansas. All ok, no damage or injuries. Hubby's cousins were helping a neighbor of theirs clean up damage last night. No injuries that I know of thank goodness. Scary stuff....when you keep hearing the towns your family live in mentioned in the tornado's path.

klein

Für Meno :)
Yup, and people complain about solar panals and energy. Well good luck to those that the power lines went down, and can't get it back in days or weeks.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yup, and people complain about solar panals and energy. Well good luck to those that the power lines went down, and can't get it back in days or weeks.
I can picture panels flying and becoming weapons in a Cat 3 or 4. Maybe I'll suggest it for the next final destination movie.

If a house and a brick school can't stand up in a tornado, then what makes you think panels will be there still??