Wildfire In Santa Clarita, California

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah really starting to sink in. Even my wife's like holy :censored2: our lives are over. LOL
I remember being at the hospital and they had whirlpool rooms which my wife was in, she had been in labor for almost a day and we finally realized she needed a c section... I am not an emotional person... Haven't cried in years but watching my wife in the whirlpool in so much pain I just broke down total meltdown which actually surprised her ...then when my son was finally out I cried again.... Very emotional time for my wife and I ...I broke down again after my daughter was born but with her they just scheduled the birth.... No 24 hours of labor lol... They grow up fast 6th and 8 th grade now ....enjoy every minute and try to get out with your wife once in a while, that is the hardest thing for us... Personal time!!

LuckyDucky

I'm proud of our family. We are a great team. If I'm a codependent enabling etc. ok. and he's got a skill that has taken us around the world.

LuckyDucky

First off, I'm not a trump supporter. I'm undecided. Nice assuming. How the hell did you draw those conclusions???

And you "didn't help" him find a job, you pretty much did everything for him and that is a HUGE difference.

What's not surprising is you generalized this conversation and made it political.

And last, I'm married to one of the strongest, successful, independent women ever. Sexism doesn't fly. Even she would say you are a pushover and an enabler.

Big difference.
70 people took a test for his position, he's the only one that passed. For your job maybe you just had to show up

LuckyDucky

She has the brains but me willing to work hard is also a large part of why she got where she got.
I was the only one working supporting us through 8 years of school.
So you worked to support her but me working to get him a good job is enabling and bad? It's great that one of you had some skills that might give you some freedom instead of being tied to one company.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
So you worked to support her but me working to get him a good job is enabling and bad? It's great that one of you had some skills that might give you some freedom instead of being tied to one company.
You keep saying these guys lack skills, but have no problem letting your husband work here.

LuckyDucky

Better let go of his hand or he's never going to survive at this company. He'll have a supervisor, not a babysitter.
We've made it this far and are probably older than some of you. This isn't our first roundup. But he's a mechanic not a driver. He can always get a job someplace else if I screw Iit up for him

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm here for the long haul and chances are she's where she is for the long haul also. I've watched too many people jump from job to for slightly greener pastures then when it comes time to retire whoops we only have 5 years in here and we never saved any money because each place was just a stepping stone not a career.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Plant engineering isn't that great... Maybe one step up from shop mechanic...but non the less good luck to him come back in a year to let us know how he is doing .... Goodbye

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm not surprised your wife makes more money than you do

Slamma Jamma.jpg

LuckyDucky

I'm here for the long haul and chances are she's where she is for the long haul also. I've watched too many people jump from job to for slightly greener pastures then when it comes time to retire whoops we only have 5 years in here and we never saved any money because each place was just a stepping stone not a career.
I guess she was ok with you being a glorified waitress with a good Union, since your man enough ,At least she might get to do something interesting.