Wildfire In Santa Clarita, California

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I guess she was ok with you being a glorified waitress with a good Union, since your man enough ,At least she might get to do something interesting.
Hate to say this but the glorified waitress will be making more money than your husband with a much better pension( unless in central states.. Lol) I know the shop mechanics can't retire until their 60's ... Hope that doesn't apply to your husband...might have to work here longer than most jobs since he started so late

LuckyDucky

Hate to say this but the glorified waitress will be making more money than your husband with a much better pension( unless in central states.. Lol) I know the shop mechanics can't retire until their 60's ... Hope that doesn't apply to your husband...might have to work here longer than most jobs since he started so late
He's got a few pensions coming to him And if ditch diggers made more money than architects I"d still want to be an architect. I guess you think money is the only important thing.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm here for the long haul and chances are she's where she is for the long haul also. I've watched too many people jump from job to for slightly greener pastures then when it comes time to retire whoops we only have 5 years in here and we never saved any money because each place was just a stepping stone not a career.
Corporations do not wAnt long term employees... Unless you are the top crust.....they want you here for 5-10 years then leave...they have milked you for all your worth now get the hell out ...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I guess she was ok with you being a glorified waitress with a good Union, since your man enough ,At least she might get to do something interesting.
Glorified waitress. Lmao that's like saying your husband just puts together oversized Lego sets.

I make $35 an hour and if you add in total compensation for health and welfare it's over $50 an hour. Yeah she's ok with that. As am I.

LuckyDucky

Corporations do not wAnt long term employees... Unless you are the top crust.....they want you here for 5-10 years then leave...they have milked you for all your worth now get the hell out ...
That's confusing. Ups pays the health care premium in its entirety, pays $11 into the pension for every hour worked and is set up so people try to work for 30 years and retire. That doesn't seem like a company that wants the employees to leave after ten or twelve years

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He's got a few pensions coming to him And if ditch diggers made more money than architects I"d still want to be an architect. I guess you think money is the only important thing.
There is no job satisfaction at ups....trust me on this... Everybody outside this job thinks ups is a " great outfit to work for" I have heard that so many times until they come and try it....and if you are trying to state that delivery drivers are glorified wAitresses or ditch diggers you are misinformed..

Brownslave688

Ahhhh so you're a fake person who is all worried about appearances. Lol.

Guess what I could care less what my title is I'd scrub toilets for $50 an hour before I'd be a doctor for $20.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Glorified waitress. Lmao that's like saying your husband just puts together oversized Lego sets.

I make $35 an hour and if you add in total compensation for health and welfare it's over $50 an hour. Yeah she's ok with that. As am I.
Damn right brother!!!wAit til you guys retire... Laughing all the wAy to the bank man!!

Brownslave688

That's confusing. Ups pays the health care premium in its entirety, pays $11 into the pension for every hour worked and is set up so people try to work for 30 years and retire. That doesn't seem like a company that wants the employees to leave after ten or twelve years
The union that's the only reason

If ups had a choice we'd make $15 an hour and hopefully leave after 5 years to let the next young runner come in.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If that was the case they wouldn't put so much time and effort into trying to put people out of work ...you don't know this unless you have worked here...

LuckyDucky

There are waitresses that make more than you. And have you ever waitressed? It's a skill you learn, just as you learn how to most efficiently deliver packages and all that's involved, over time. A waitress learns how to serve her tables the most efficiently, over time. Waitressing is learned on the job and you need a strong back. Hey, nothing wrong with waitressing. But it might not be what one aspires to, even if you work at a fancy restaurant and make 80k a year

Brownslave688

There is no job satisfaction at ups....trust me on this... Everybody outside this job thinks ups is a " great outfit to work for" I have heard that so many times until they come and try it....and if you are trying to state that delivery drivers are glorified wAitresses or ditch diggers you are misinformed..
I've gotta admit she's one of the few people that apparently doesn't respect what we do. Most acknowledge to me they want no part of our jobs and respect how hard we work.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are you drunk... I mean high again???? Slamma jamma..??? Come on!!!
Let's make it personal then ...

Slamma Jamma under a Monkey's Butt!

Slamma Jamma.jpg

Brownslave688

There are waitresses that make more than you. And have you ever waitressed? It's a skill you learn, just as you learn how to most efficiently deliver packages and all that's involved, over time. A waitress learns how to serve her tables the most efficiently, over time. Waitressing is learned on the job and you need a strong back. Hey, nothing wrong with waitressing. But it might not be what one aspires to, even if you work at a fancy restaurant and make 80k a year
You're just embarrassing yourself now.

Brownslave688

Every job is a skill you learn

Millwrights have an apprenticeship which is exactly that on the job training. Smh