Will inflation delay UPSers Retirements?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Powell is and should be also getting some pretty heavy criticism for his and the other fed chairs lack of action. Gun shy from the moves made in 2018 that backfired and caused economic damage. Hindsight is generally closer to 20/20 and these moves should have been made more than a year ago. He who hesitates, is dead.

...and I thought it was all on (PUTIN)...👹

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Our SS went up about $120 a month with this years COLA.
Next year they said it is going to be even more.
At this rate we will be getting more SS than pension...never thought that would happen so fast.

Brownwind

sick of these dinosaurs suckin down the cake routes ! Time to retire!
🧔‍♂️✊
Dude not cool. I started when I was a teen now three and a half decades later I’m still too young to retire.

I’ve had every crummy route in multiple centers while getting to my cake route. Walk don’t run, iron your uniform, promote the business, use the methods and make your own route a cake route.

Ohh yeah… make sure to buckle up and fill up your coffee mug for your hour and a half ride to your first stop.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
sick of these dinosaurs suckin down the cake routes ! Time to retire!
🧔‍♂️✊
4219FB72-A0FE-478B-9526-8772267B5CE8.gif

What'dyabringmetoday???

Perhaps if not all their ducks are in a row.

The biggest enemy to a lot of UPSers are all the toys they buy with the loans or re-financing their homes or divorce. It was almost comical to see the parking lot after a new contract was passed. New RV's , Harleys, dually's , talk of new homes, etc.

Getting near retirement is a time to buy down and scale down.
Buy down? Huh?

raceanoncr

Unfortunately there's a lot of older retired people going back to the workforce right now.
True dat. A lot here, also, UPS, other companies. When I retired, I took that word LITERALLY. To me, that means NO WORK at all for ANYBODY OR ANYTHING.
Got everything paid for, got plenty to do in house and garage and if not, just vegietate on the couch and not get bored.