Will there be a national strike at UPS?

rod

Retired 22 years
Could someone that was working in '97 please explain this?
I'm, apparently, not being clear enough.
Thanks.
The first day of the strike the only packages left to deliver were those that were already in the system which wasn't much. After a couple days the system was "empty". Management was not making pick ups and any feeder you saw on the road was driven by management and was EMPTY. They tried their best to make it appear it was business as usual. We had an inside non-union clerk who kept us informed about what was going on inside the building---which was NOTHING.

Whereistheunion

I found this a thought-provoking article and would suggest y'all pay close attention to the IBT's involvement in the railroad dispute. There are 57k Teamsters involved, e.g., nearly half of all the rail workers affected.

It's time to do what we can to bolster rank and file organization and strength. We need to be prepared to hold O'Brien and Zuckerman accountable to their promises.
I think so, PVD is a existential threat to our sovereign ( UPS) employment and is strike worthy. Also believe there will be mass layoffs after peak season; our volume is down. WAY DOWN

100%

I think so, PVD is a existential threat to our sovereign ( UPS) employment and is strike worthy. Also believe there will be mass layoffs after peak season; our volume is down. WAY DOWN
Won’t happen. Biden literally just showed us yesterday that it won’t happen. Are you awake yet? Smh

100%

Won’t happen. Biden literally just showed us yesterday that it won’t happen. Are you awake yet? Smh
Pvds already went thru arbitration and yes it was ruled against the contract. What did teamsters do? Pvds everywhere this Xmas. Teamsters better wake up!

burco8080

Could someone that was working in '97 please explain this?
I'm, apparently, not being clear enough.
Thanks.
feeder drivers are on strike too nothing moved in 1997, except the packages that was already in our system and management try to deliver them it took about three days for no more freight, pilot was out with us so no air

Johney

feeder drivers are on strike too nothing moved in 1997, except the packages that was already in our system and management try to deliver them it took about three days for no more freight, pilot was out with us so no air
Are the pilots going to back you guys again? Does anyone know?

Johney

Just because they ratified their contract doesn't mean they won't honor a UPS strike. Unions tend to honor others strikes. I know there was at least a dozen other non-related strikes at businesses I delivered to that I refused to cross their picket lines.
I agree I was just pointing out that they are not Teamsters

kforte36

I found this a thought-provoking article and would suggest y'all pay close attention to the IBT's involvement in the railroad dispute. There are 57k Teamsters involved, e.g., nearly half of all the rail workers affected.

It's time to do what we can to bolster rank and file organization and strength. We need to be prepared to hold O'Brien and Zuckerman accountable to their promises.
There should be a strike.

Whither

Scofflaw
There should be a strike.
Yes, I don't trust UPS to bargain in good faith whatsoever. Are you talking with your coworkers about it? Our efforts started small at my building, but we're ramping them up and hope to reach out across our Local as soon as possible.