Will there be a national strike at UPS?

Non liberal

No, it's time for a worker's party
No, the Republican way is the right way. The problem is the so-called republican politicians that we elect are not voting for Republican policies. They are either siding with the democrats, or refusing the trump republicans because they take too much money out of their pockets.

upser2020

I think with what biden did on the railway deal if push comes to shove he won't let us strike. Ups is critical infrastructure deliver covid vaccines etc.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No, the Republican way is the right way. The problem is the so-called republican politicians that we elect are not voting for Republican policies. They are either siding with the democrats, or refusing the trump republicans because they take too much money out of their pockets.

You realize republicans would do away with unions if given the chance

Non liberal

You realize republicans would do away with unions if given the chance
I don’t think so anymore. I think that is changing. As long as pro trump republicans keep getting voted in, they are the new labor party. Is the democrat party limiting the unions negotiating power really pro union? They’re just stealing the working class vote, pretending to be pro union, while simultaneously working with big business obviously.

HyperBrn

The only way Congress/President could impact our ability to strike is there is legislation similar to the Railway Labor Act of 1926. As of now the act only applies to railroads and airlines. That doesn't mean that entities like UPS can't be controlled in that manner. But the RLA (1926) would have to be amended, or a totally new legislation passed that mirrors it. I'm sure it's possible that Congress could do that. But there's nothing already in existence like there was for the railroads. Yet,

Non liberal

The only way Congress/President could impact our ability to strike is there is legislation similar to the Railway Labor Act of 1926. As of now the act only applies to railroads and airlines. That doesn't mean that entities like UPS can't be controlled in that manner. But the RLA (1926) would have to be amended, or a totally new legislation passed that mirrors it. I'm sure it's possible that Congress could do that. But there's nothing already in existence like there was for the railroads. Yet,
So as of now, they wouldn’t be able to interfere with our negotiations?

AKCoverMan

But the RLA (1926) would have to be amended, or a totally new legislation passed that mirrors it.
Yes.. but if Those In Charge decide that having a strike at UPS on their watch would not Look Good For Them.. then that’s exactly what will happen, and quickly. The staffers will work overtime writing up new legislatio, the right committee chairs will get said bills advanced to the floor and the speakers will get votes called for.

The Railroads held the line because they were convinced that the Government wouldn’t let it get to a strike.

The fact is our position come next year was just weakened.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
When the federal government negotiates your contract, that's not a union anymore. The unions out of it.
The federal government will be telling the railroad workers what they can and can't have.
Where is the uproar and screaming on the left and Democrats? They love the unions. So pro labor.
You don't hear that because it's all a bunch of phony nonsense.
All this ideology is garbage. It's expediency in power.