Will Trump allow a strike against UPS?

Remember that it was Trumps administration that allowed UPS to lobby for 70 hour work weeks. They do no care about us.
Q6DHgbSdpJdCg.gif

cachmeifucan

They can ask for anything are you going to campaign for a no vote once you see the contract or just vote and keep blaming someone that doesn't have a vote. Our best bargaining chip is that hello corporations got a huge tax cut under guess who that's right trump administration. But our national leaders will psssss it away

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Don't underestimate the power of anti labor Presidents.

I well understand your reasoning but I disagree with how Trump may act if it comes to a work stoppage. He is one hard one to figure, sure a businessman and millionaire, but he ran on a populist platform primarily in helping the lower middle class. It takes one to know one and Trump will not be fooled with corporate folly or their sense of entitlements. With this being an election year expect political decisions from the White House that will help them retain the senate and house, it will not sit well if decisions are made to destroy any union, particularly when the corporate concerns just got a massive tax break, and is collecting such good profit margins.

I know one thing that UPS will not be happy having Trump start getting involved with this current contract, we are already on the radar with him, if we do walk do you seriously think he will be sitting on the sidelines with his personality and the major impact on the nation's economy. Just study the nature of the man, definitely a hands on kind of guy, he has to be involved that is his make up.

To me there was no difference from what Trump and Sanders were preaching during their campaigns, they both ran on an anti-elitism, working class wage stagnation and
pro middle class issues. They came from difference points of view, but can you really say that Trump is anti labor, he might be actually the first independent elected president that we will ever get close too. I can not believe that those on the decision making committees do not the sentiment in the general public, let alone the media outlets. It is not a good decision to be considered a hard hearted, soulless, greedy and ruthless corporate entity, is UPS willing to risk it for saving a few cents on the dollar.

It is a matter of time till he becomes involved, unless some serious negotiations occur and movement on a fair and equitable contract is voted in. A strike may happen and effect will be massive, maybe too massive for the economy. The other couriers will not be able to handle the expected volume, just one day of either being disabled is just too much for even UPS, the internet volume is limitless and still growing. I do not know if what the game plan with corporate dragging the feet with these talks, counting on help from Washington to prevent an work stoppage from happening and extend the contract till it is hammered out. I do not think it would be for corporate's best interest to test that theory, once you open that pandora box expect a lot of evils to be revealed

Tony Q

I well understand your reasoning but I disagree with how Trump may act if it comes to a work stoppage. He is one hard one to figure, sure a businessman and millionaire, but he ran on a populist platform primarily in helping the lower middle class. It takes one to know one and Trump will not be fooled with corporate folly or their sense of entitlements. With this being an election year expect political decisions from the White House that will help them retain the senate and house, it will not sit well if decisions are made to destroy any union, particularly when the corporate concerns just got a massive tax break, and is collecting such good profit margins.

I know one thing that UPS will not be happy having Trump start getting involved with this current contract, we are already on the radar with him, if we do walk do you seriously think he will be sitting on the sidelines with his personality and the major impact on the nation's economy. Just study the nature of the man, definitely a hands on kind of guy, he has to be involved that is his make up.

To me there was no difference from what Trump and Sanders were preaching during their campaigns, they both ran on an anti-elitism, working class wage stagnation and
pro middle class issues. They came from difference points of view, but can you really say that Trump is anti labor, he might be actually the first independent elected president that we will ever get close too. I can not believe that those on the decision making committees do not the sentiment in the general public, let alone the media outlets. It is not a good decision to be considered a hard hearted, soulless, greedy and ruthless corporate entity, is UPS willing to risk it for saving a few cents on the dollar.

It is a matter of time till he becomes involved, unless some serious negotiations occur and movement on a fair and equitable contract is voted in. A strike may happen and effect will be massive, maybe too massive for the economy. The other couriers will not be able to handle the expected volume, just one day of either being disabled is just too much for even UPS, the internet volume is limitless and still growing. I do not know if what the game plan with corporate dragging the feet with these talks, counting on help from Washington to prevent an work stoppage from happening and extend the contract till it is hammered out. I do not think it would be for corporate's best interest to test that theory, once you open that pandora box expect a lot of evils to be revealed
I doubt there will be a strike. You made some good points, and I do appreciate such a well thought out response, even though I don't agree with most of it. Trump is bad for labor and for America.

Over disciplined0123

In 1997 the talk was that the POTUS would force Teamsters to go back to work without a contract.

Without a Clinton in office this time, one has to wonder if Trump will allow a strike based on its impact on the US economy.
Good question I was wondering and i figure he is pro corporate America Republicans usually are. he isn't no bill Clinton

Over disciplined0123

Yes. And he will easily be able to spin a story that we all make $90k a year and want even more. The public wont be on our side after learning what our hourly wage is.
You have that right on. in 97 they were on our side but it's a different world we live in ..The public has no idea what we go though and sacrifices we make missing family time and most getting divorced very high divorce rate for ups drivers and managers ...Does the public know that prevailing state wage is 40 a hour or more and town and highway workers make the same as us (the guys with one having a shovel and the other 3 watching ))) Cops now making over 100grand a year... we do have to have yearly raises why shouldn't we My stop counts go up as should my pay

Over disciplined0123

I just hope the public do not see us as greedy bastards . I am leaving soon so this isn't about me this is about me standing up for the future employees 30 years is a long time to work at ups mentally and physically exhausting

MangoMango

Trump and republicans are anti union. Period. End of discussion.

brown_trousers

Trump and republicans are anti union. Period. End of discussion.
Politicians just pander to get votes for their next election. They are puppets.

If republicans thought a pro union stance would guarantee them the next primaries and re-election. They would drop their anti union rhetoric in a heartbeat.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Politicians just pander to get votes for their next election. They are puppets.

If republicans thought a pro union stance would guarantee them the next primaries and re-election. They would drop their anti union rhetoric in a heartbeat.
A pro-union stance would cost them a whole hell of a lot in campaign finance

Hroller

I'll tell you one thing. If we go on strike and I'm at home and I see Trump on TV saying "you UPS guys get back to work or else".
I will immediately put on my browns and head to the center to deliver those amazon dog food boxes.

Yeah right....I'm all over that ROTFLMAO!!!!

Time for change

You people realize that illegal immigration and our trade deals have been some of the absolute worst things for labor and black unemployment. Trump is not all bad for labor, his economy should be a great boost to our contract if we didn’t have incompetent negotiators with a quarter of the intelligence of the company’s negotiators. Some of us black people understand Trump isn’t as big of enemy as we are led to believe by the folks dangling just enough goodies in front of us to keep us on the “plantation”.