Winter Driving

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In this case, it would seem he took it further than UpState.
Just another humorous moment in the life of Brown Cafe.

I will admit there's a fine line between just being safe and looking for a few easy days.

I don't take near the chances I did in my early years but I do feel we make more than anyone in the industry. We always say its because we are the best. Well the best to me means you deliver when others won't.

You can't see all the risks but 99% of the time my only risk has been yeah I might get stuck.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
tumblr_m8xf467tU51qfb46yo1_500.gif
I guess you drive ,In the snow everyday?

Rub a dub chub!
Snow is great lmfao.

I think winter driving is the hardest thing to learn to do safely. You can't park uphill at all, or you get stuck. You need to stay off the edges of roads, even if it means parking toward the middle of the street. Otherwise, you'll slide into mailboxes or curbs or ditches. You have no anti-lock brake or traction control; your tires are designed for durability and not for traction. You need to be prepared to stop at every intersection, because if someone's coming the other way, you will slide a long ways before you can stop. And get fired for an intersection accident.

On country routes, you need to learn which roads are better traveled than others, which ones are plowed first (county roads), and which ones you just never ever take. Eventually, you learn where the drifts always happen. If you're driving in the dark, you need to be going slow enough that you can stop if the drifts are too big. Most of the time, if you are going to get stuck, it's going to be in some farmer's yard and not on the road. Walking off these stops will save you lots of time, if you can avoid getting stuck...

I think a third of my roads aren't maintained in the winter, or are maintained poorly, so I end up putting on lots of extra miles. If I have to drive 4 extra miles, to give myself 8 miles of pavement, it can be well worth it.

Putting 400 lbs of sandbags on the wheel wells helps traction quite a bit...

I hate the winter.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I think winter driving is the hardest thing to learn to do safely. You can't park uphill at all, or you get stuck. You need to stay off the edges of roads, even if it means parking toward the middle of the street. Otherwise, you'll slide into mailboxes or curbs or ditches. You have no anti-lock brake or traction control; your tires are designed for durability and not for traction. You need to be prepared to stop at every intersection, because if someone's coming the other way, you will slide a long ways before you can stop. And get fired for an intersection accident.

On country routes, you need to learn which roads are better traveled than others, which ones are plowed first (county roads), and which ones you just never ever take. Eventually, you learn where the drifts always happen. If you're driving in the dark, you need to be going slow enough that you can stop if the drifts are too big. Most of the time, if you are going to get stuck, it's going to be in some farmer's yard and not on the road. Walking off these stops will save you lots of time, if you can avoid getting stuck...

I think a third of my roads aren't maintained in the winter, or are maintained poorly, so I end up putting on lots of extra miles. If I have to drive 4 extra miles, to give myself 8 miles of pavement, it can be well worth it.

Putting 400 lbs of sandbags on the wheel wells helps traction quite a bit...

I hate the winter.
I just go slow as balls and wait til they call us in or to the point where im over it and just bring it back. Freak them packages I don't give a dam if I bring back over 100 stops, guess what AINT MY PROBLEM BITCH lmfao, my safety first always.