Wisdom, Knowledge,Talent; And it's all, right here, at the Cafe.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Maybe from the information we see and read, we'll find a deeper understanding of people and ourselves.
A well thought out, and emotion evoking post Steve. After some soul searching and deep self reflection we came up with.......

I like pizza.

I had steamed clams last night.

try mixing in broken Ritz crackers with your mashed potatoes.
:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

And now, my thoughts on this thread.....

My wife will only eat mashed potatoes if she can put green olives in them. Quite the conversation starter, if she does this in a public restaurant. :happy2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve, I sat with a blank tablet and thought what would I write as my obituary.? I had just finished reading the obit. column. Some of them were really long with tons of accomplishments.

It's mind blowing, because the paper is still blank. I don't want my husband to write it....hell, he doesn't even use a spell check of any kind (and he needs to). Yeah, that would make lots of folks happy to find mis-spelled words in my obit.

I'm definitely going to write that thing and do it right!!......just as soon as I remember what it is I've been doing for the past 61 1/2 years.

Could we collaborate?:happy2:

I love being a good dad and a great husband.

What makes you these things? Dig deep and splash it on paper.

I'd like Mother on my headstone. Seems old fashioned but it is the one thing that I have loved every minute of in my life.

As long as Mother doesn't come out as, Motha! Why Mother?

Lack of real deep responses indicates a wealth of wisdom already amongst our members. "Better to be silent and to be thought of as a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" - I think that I got that one (amongst many) out of the New York Daily News one panel cartoon "Meet Mr. Lucky". which used to be called "Ching Chow" many years ago before the Asian community put pressure on the daily news to change the title. Maybe you remember that when you lived in new york, steve, it was usually found in the horse racing pages in the back of the daily news. After you read "dondi", blondie and little orphan annie as a kid , you might have dug hard for the remaining cartoons in the paper. Meet Mr. Lucky is the visual equivalent of a fortune cookie and sometimes there is meaty one to ponder upon.

Those things bring back many memories, pickup.

YouTube - 1960s Batman - The Bomb

I hope this turns out okay, if not hit the link. Oh and those ladies are not feeder drivers on a break ( I know that some wise- acre will say it sooner or later)

To repeat, the wise statement is spoken at around 2:00 .

And quite the wise statement it was.:wink2:

Maybe it's a good thing that Steve isn't in feeders.

:happy2:

A well thought out, and emotion evoking post Steve. After some soul searching and deep self reflection we came up with.......

:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

And now, my thoughts on this thread.....

My wife will only eat mashed potatoes if she can put green olives in them. Quite the conversation starter, if she does this in a public restaurant. :happy2:

The fact that she doesn't do this, only behind closed doors, makes me think that you have a very sound relationship. God bless you guys.:happy2:

Its because of Batman's batmobile that my first car was an Oldsmobile 442, dang I miss that car!

Now we're getting somewhere. Everything that's said on here, Is probably, just as thought provoking.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Well, I could have someone put Traveler on my headstone but that kind of sounds like a pet. :happy-very:

You go back to work tomorrow?

BLACKBOX - my first car was a '67 Camaro. POS!

Suspension ends Tuesday, which is good for me, as all the blood was rushing to my head. I'm on TAW, ankle (which is feeling better), and back, which I think is a pinched nerve (pain in upper center of the back), but has now turned into a numb spot in my upper back. Hope I didn't wait too long to get this seen. MRI tomorrow, as well a P/T starting tomorrow, for both injuries.

As a child, I grew up in foster care. I went into foster care at such a young age, that I never really indentified my biological parents as my true parents. To me, my foster parents were my true parents. I learned to read, ride bikes, swim, started school and developed my first friendships, while in foster care. I actually never thought about my bio family, even though I had 4 sisters and 2 brothers that had also been dispersed throughout the child welfare system.

This factors, into making me who I am. I eventually had "forced" visitation with my bio family. They were the complete opposite of the foster family. From politics to living situation and friendships. As time passed, I was "forced" into spending more and more time and eventually was sent back to live with my bio family.

The sense of order and togetherness was gone. I found it, as having been thrown in with a pack of Wolves, and although I was beaten and bruised for awhile, I learned to be cunning. I never really developed the "pack" mentality, as I preferred to be just outside of the pack and eventually ventured out to different areas, learning to fend and provide for myself.

When I speak to people, nowadays, they find it hard to believe where I come from. This is funny, in that, until you really speak to someone, you really never know anything about them. That's why I started this thread. Because everyone of us has lived a different life, and you can sense it in various posts. Some may be similar, in one way or another, but there are things that set us apart.

What can I learn from you, including what you like to eat:wink2:, that can make me see life a little, or maybe a lot differently, than I see it now?

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
I love being a great dad and husband because of the love I get back from my 13 month old son, he can sense when I'm having a bad day and loves it when I'm having a great one, always wanting to be by my side and trying to get into everything I'm doing at the moment is great!! and being a great husband to my wife I love so much, well makes me happy! I love my wife and would do anything for her, she's my best friend and confidant! She gives me support and understands my job and is forgiving as to the hours I have to work! I believe it's hard to find someone so understanding about UPS and the demands it puts on a spouse and your marriage!

kingOFchester

Anyone esle up for a change?

Not really much on my past as of yet, But tomorrow I am starting a diet and also give up the smokes.

Several years ago, I went from 240lbs to 197lbs. I am back to 220lbs and want to get to 190ish. Anyone else want to join me?

Feeders??????

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: Anyone esle up for a change?

Not really much on my past as of yet, But tomorrow I am starting a diet and also give up the smokes.

Several years ago, I went from 240lbs to 197lbs. I am back to 220lbs and want to get to 190ish. Anyone else want to join me?

Feeders??????

I would think you would want non-feeders and non-grazers as well.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
If we are dropping food knowledge here-

try mixing in broken Ritz crackers with your mashed potatoes. Don't add salt or butter or anything, the ritz crackers add all the flavor. It's the best combination ever. Old ameri- Scott recipe from my grand mother , God bless her soul!

OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! That's interesting!!!!!!!!

backinbrown

respect my authority
Re: Anyone esle up for a change?

Feeders??????

i've been given a lot of good advice in thread help me lose weight please

i am not ready for giving up smokes but am with you on the weight loss

sexyupsman

I love mexican food! My favorite band is Megadeth! I love the show Xena! I drive a 4x4 Toyota! No boxers, briefs only! I think UPS kicks ass! I work in the medical field! I am a native Californian! I dont drink or do drugs! My favorite movie is Gone with the Wind! I have bad insomnia! I have blond hair, blue eyes, 6", 145lbs! My name is John!:peaceful:

Sammie

As a child, I grew up in foster care. I went into foster care at such a young age, that I never really indentified my biological parents as my true parents. To me, my foster parents were my true parents. I learned to read, ride bikes, swim, started school and developed my first friendships, while in foster care. I actually never thought about my bio family, even though I had 4 sisters and 2 brothers that had also been dispersed throughout the child welfare system.

This factors, into making me who I am. I eventually had "forced" visitation with my bio family. They were the complete opposite of the foster family. From politics to living situation and friendships. As time passed, I was "forced" into spending more and more time and eventually was sent back to live with my bio family.

The sense of order and togetherness was gone. I found it, as having been thrown in with a pack of Wolves, and although I was beaten and bruised for awhile, I learned to be cunning. I never really developed the "pack" mentality, as I preferred to be just outside of the pack and eventually ventured out to different areas, learning to fend and provide for myself.

When I speak to people, nowadays, they find it hard to believe where I come from. This is funny, in that, until you really speak to someone, you really never know anything about them. That's why I started this thread. Because everyone of us has lived a different life, and you can sense it in various posts. Some may be similar, in one way or another, but there are things that set us apart.

What can I learn from you, including what you like to eat:wink2:, that can make me see life a little, or maybe a lot differently, than I see it now?

Life is simple. People make it complicated.

Steve,

From my own experiences and from my first husband and I (when we were in our late teens ourselves) taking in five of his nieces and nephews who had been bounced around like ping pong balls to places they should never have been,

It may be a mixed blessing to come from the not so perfect background you described. The rose colored glasses aren't there; you see things for what they are. You already know when you hit the ground running as an adult what kind of person you want to be because you've seen the good and the bad. Chances are, you become resilient and create a positive foundation - vs - people raised in insulated, protected environments who are shocked once they leave the nest to find the world contains unsavory characters. It takes them longer to learn (if they do) that they've made the wrong decisions, hung with/married the wrong people.

You carved out a good life for yourself and your family, Steve, when you could easily have become a bully or a victim. You focus on the positive and run with it, which is what we like about you!

jennie

Life is simple. People make it complicated.

Steve,

From my own experiences and from my first husband and I (when we were in our late teens ourselves) taking in five of his nieces and nephews who had been bounced around like ping pong balls to places they should never have been,

It may be a mixed blessing to come from the not so perfect background you described. The rose colored glasses aren't there; you see things for what they are. You already know when you hit the ground running as an adult what kind of person you want to be because you've seen the good and the bad. Chances are, you become resilient and create a positive foundation - vs - people raised in insulated, protected environments who are shocked once they leave the nest to find the world contains unsavory characters. It takes them longer to learn (if they do) that they've made the wrong decisions, hung with/married the wrong people.

You carved out a good life for yourself and your family, Steve, when you could easily have become a bully or a victim. You focus on the positive and run with it, which is what we like about you!
Yes, too focus on the positive! I grew up with 3 step moms, and 3 step dads, but love my parents. Although, did not want that for myself. Married 19 years this year, and hope it will be forever. Often wonder, why me and my one sister are so focused, but one sister and brother are not? Anyway, just love the last sentence, of "focus on the positive, and run with it!!!":peaceful:

backinbrown

respect my authority
Yes, too focus on the positive! I grew up with 3 step moms, and 3 step dads, but love my parents. Although, did not want that for myself. Married 19 years this year, and hope it will be forever. Often wonder, why me and my one sister are so focused, but one sister and brother are not? Anyway, just love the last sentence, of "focus on the positive, and run with it!!!":peaceful:

At least walk at a brisk pace:funny: