Wisdom, Knowledge,Talent; And it's all, right here, at the Cafe.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
In all honesty, this is a true story and not a dream. The lesson I learned is to stand back and take a better look at the situation, before stepping in and making a mess.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
In all honesty, this is a true story and not a dream. The lesson I learned is to stand back and take a better look at the situation, before stepping in and making a mess.

You reacted to the situation. You saw something going on and did something about it. I commend you on that! Most people would have let it go. It could have been a whole lost worse. I'd like to think I would have done the same, but you never know until the situation presents itself.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You reacted to the situation. You saw something going on and did something about it. I commend you on that! Most people would have let it go. It could have been a whole lost worse. I'd like to think I would have done the same, but you never know until the situation presents itself.

True, though next time I'll try "getting the big picture".:wink2:

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
True, though next time I'll try "getting the big picture".:wink2:

you did the right thing sometimes if you take a step back to look at the big picture you may weigh out the odds and make the wrong choice, eg not getting envolved in a situation and letting some jerks get away with BS. Next time steve, instead of backing up from them, SMACK the biggest guy straight in his face , or better yet his throat. If he cant breath he cant fight. (Drop the biggest guy and you drop everybodys ego) Watch the other 2 turn from pitbulls to poodles , if they look like they want some then give it to em, get in close and bite their face, nobody likes getting there face bitten by another man (exept maybe sexydriver) then take their wallets and buy yourself somthing nice for being a good samaratan, if you feel a little guilty take the rest of the cash and donate whatevers left to charity.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
you did the right thing sometimes if you take a step back to look at the big picture you may weigh out the odds and make the wrong choice, eg not getting envolved in a situation and letting some jerks get away with BS. Next time steve, instead of backing up from them, SMACK the biggest guy straight in his face , or better yet his throat. If he cant breath he cant fight. (Drop the biggest guy and you drop everybodys ego) Watch the other 2 turn from pitbulls to poodles , if they look like they want some then give it to em, get in close and bite their face, nobody likes getting there face bitten by another man (exept maybe sexydriver) then take their wallets and buy yourself somthing nice for being a good samaratan, if you feel a little guilty take the rest of the cash and donate whatevers left to charity.

LOL, only the UK-Guy could come up with this kind of solution, though there's only one thing that bothers me about your plan. There were 4 guys total, not 3, and fighting them all, in a crowded subway train, may not have benefited me. Though I do get you point about the fast attack. In hindsight, I think that time it worked out pretty well. I stopped them and made them drop their plans. Don't know if it would work out the same way each time, though.

backinbrown

respect my authority
LOL, only the UK-Guy could come up with this kind of solution, though there's only one thing that bothers me about your plan. There were 4 guys total, not 3, and fighting them all, in a crowded subway train, may not have benefited me. Though I do get you point about the fast attack. In hindsight, I think that time it worked out pretty well. I stopped them and made them drop their plans. Don't know if it would work out the same way each time, though.

You could have killed one with your tea cup Riddock

Then the others would have ran:funny:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
lol yea steve reminds me of vin

glad you guys picked up on that one thought it got lost in translation

i know someone is looking for the pic of steve with a tea cup and asking themselves what is bib talking about

I've also been confused with, the unibomber.
uniupser.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Was there any other charges of progressive discipline on insubordination in the past 9 months? The past 2 years? I am just a little curious what your past track record has been. I know that people that are out on comp here come back with a "repeater" title and get some special attention.They are watched with for 1 year with a few tests and observed once a month from the center team to make sure your working properly. I dont understand how a guy with 20 years that goes out on comp one time is called a repeater but thats not my problem.
I am just curious why progressive discipline wasnt used and why they opted to go the full mile after one incident. I myself, would have did the work after they used that word and handled matters after that. If you got re injured after the work, file an injury report after the fact. If you start the work and cant finish, pick up the phone and have a supervisor come pick your ass up because you cant drive or use the clutch. UPS has a very big gun with no bullets and they like to show it alot. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT give them bullets for the gun because they dont think twice about firing it.

Like I said, this is the reason I started this thread, because you can never have too much Wisdom, Knowledge or Talent. It benefits all of us to listen to all people's experience. You never know what you may learn.

SoyFish

Like I said, this is the reason I started this thread, because you can never have too much Wisdom, Knowledge or Talent. It benefits all of us to listen to all people's experience. You never know what you may learn.

You can learn a lot from reading people's words, or you can learn a ton from seeing people's pictures.