Workhorse p10 brakes!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
For me it has always been the Workhorse 700 with loud brakes. Today for ex, I had to write one up for ABS and brake lights coming on. Not that it was a "loud" one when breaking.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I used to drive a p10 gasser, not sure if it was a workhorse, but it had extremely loud brakes! I complained a few times and was told the same things grc88 is stating. Gave me fits with headaches and ear pain. Took it to the safety committee and nothing came of it, then for reasons dealing with "fleet consolidation", the truck was sent away to another center so more of them could be in one place to facilitate repairs, I was told. I now have a p10 diesel that aside from being a 5 speed stick, is as quiet as an old p5.

That said, I would probably have gone the osha route by now if I still had to drive that ol turd.

bbsam

Staff member
We used to have that problem. It was a choice between loud brakes and brakes that wore out very quickly. Mechanic finally changed vendors, explained the situation to the new vendor and now has a suitable replacement pad. Unfortunately, I doubt that the UPS mechanics have this flexibility, but the product is out there. If you would like, I could get the vendor's name and brake pad part number. And would OSHA even do something given the pads and brakes are actually in safe working order?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
We used to have that problem. It was a choice between loud brakes and brakes that wore out very quickly. Mechanic finally changed vendors, explained the situation to the new vendor and now has a suitable replacement pad. Unfortunately, I doubt that the UPS mechanics have this flexibility, but the product is out there. If you would like, I could get the vendor's name and brake pad part number. And would OSHA even do something given the pads and brakes are actually in safe working order?

I would love to have that information. I am not sure OSHA will or not but I am planning on registering the complaint as an unacceptable level of in cab noise. We shall see!!

bbsam

Staff member
I would love to have that information. I am not sure OSHA will or not but I am planning on registering the complaint as an unacceptable level of in cab noise. We shall see!!

Preliminary response is tht he changed from Bendix to a semi-metallic Raybestos pad. I'll be able to get more info Tuesday.