Working on Monday, July 3rd....

ThunderRolls

So apparently at my hub we will be off for two days (Saturday & Sunday) like normal and be back to work on Monday, July 3rd but have Tuesday, July 4th off. I have talked to several people and I have yet to hear of anyone that will be in to work on the 3rd. Is UPS setting them selves up for an epic failure? Dozens will not be in to work.

W

What The Hawk?

I swear, people become more like children the older they get. Go to work. It's a job. Boo hoo you don't get a 4 day weekend.

Duckydad

Um. Hasnt the diad been asking you for a couple weeks if the businesses on any route you do will be open the 3rd? Why wouldn't we work the 3rd? The holiday is the 4th. I'd actually prefer the 5th off since the fireworks' show here doesn't usually get over til around 11 or later, but I'll take the 4th. A paid holiday is a paid holiday.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
So apparently at my hub we will be off for two days (Saturday & Sunday) like normal and be back to work on Monday, July 3rd but have Tuesday, July 4th off. I have talked to several people and I have yet to hear of anyone that will be in to work on the 3rd. Is UPS setting them selves up for an epic failure? Dozens will not be in to work.
Dozens of people won't be at work? Better check your supplement, you may be giving away a paid holiday. Secondly, what size is your building? We have 40-60 call outs on the preload on a regular day, so epic failure makes me laugh. Big Brown will deliver the packages weather you show up or not!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We (drivers) were asked to compile a closed list for the 3rd. Mine is a very short list-----there are a few places on campus that will be closed, all of the local schools will be closed, our local military reserve center and one machine foundry will be closed.

Anyone who "bangs in" or NC/NS on the 3rd risks losing their holiday pay.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Um. Hasnt the diad been asking you for a couple weeks if the businesses on any route you do will be open the 3rd? Why wouldn't we work the 3rd? The holiday is the 4th. I'd actually prefer the 5th off since the fireworks' show here doesn't usually get over til around 11 or later, but I'll take the 4th. A paid holiday is a paid holiday.

The only businesses asked about in the DIAD are those that are also a pickup.

Boxjockey82

I think the OP is talking about people on his or her route that wont be at work on the 3rd and is essentially wondering who they'll be delivering to. Dont worry there will still be some out there, enjoy the easy $$$ day.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

How are they letting so many take off? It is a regular work day?

I'm surprised the company didn't give the "everyone is expected to come in" speech already?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's ups fault that your coworkers are lazy?