"Working Termination" for misloads?

UPyourS

What's up everyone. I'm a preloader who definitely have a history with misloads and I feel like management is after my job. I'm a hard worker who keeps his area pretty clean but all that gets swept under the rug when I have a misload.

I'm currently in the back of the belt doing a 4 car pull with over 1000 pieces daily. I've been disciplined numerous of times for misloads. I've had suspensions and now a second termination. I've grieved both of them and I never heard back from anybody yet. And only received one letter in the mail. But I've improved alot I use to get around 3-5 misloads a day. Now I'm down to 1-2 misloads a day sometimes I have zero. I go back driving next week and worried if I'm going to get fired over misloads. I know it's simple but through out the day I sometimes lose focus. What will happen?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What's up everyone. I'm a preloader who definitely have a history with misloads and I feel like management is after my job. I'm a hard worker who keeps his area pretty clean but all that gets swept under the rug when I have a misload.

I'm currently in the back of the belt doing a 4 car pull with over 1000 pieces daily. I've been disciplined numerous of times for misloads. I've had suspensions and now a second termination. I've grieved both of them and I never heard back from anybody yet. And only received one letter in the mail. But I've improved alot I use to get around 3-5 misloads a day. Now I'm down to 1-2 misloads a day sometimes I have zero. I go back driving next week and worried if I'm going to get fired over misloads. I know it's simple but through out the day I sometimes lose focus. What will happen?
Ahhh....so many questions. First of all. ..who did you freaking annoy to even get written up for less than 3 misloads in a day, let alone multiple suspensions? Someone in management wants you gone.....Are you an attendance problem?

Are you following loading procedures completely....meaning If they say write the HIN # on every box...are you doing this everyday with every single package?

UPyourS

Ahhh....so many questions. First of all. ..who did you freaking annoy to even get written up for less than 3 misloads in a day, let alone multiple suspensions? Someone in management wants you gone.....Are you an attendance problem?

Are you following loading procedures completely....meaning If they say write the HIN # on every box...are you doing this everyday with every single package?
I actually don't have a problem with anybody so it will be shocking to know I annoyed anyone. Many sups like my work ethic but can't stand my misloads. I do follow proper work procedures but I would admit around 75% of my packages have HIN#s only because towards the end of the day it's more pressure and fast paced.

UPyourS

I've only been with the company for a little over a year. I even tried to change positions. But still no luck yet.

PT Car Washer

I actually don't have a problem with anybody so it will be shocking to know I annoyed anyone. Many sups like my work ethic but can't stand my misloads. I do follow proper work procedures but I would admit around 75% of my packages have HIN#s only because towards the end of the day it's more pressure and fast paced.
Misloads usually means service failures. You may not know it but all packages have a guarantee delivery time. I love misloads as UPS will have me run all over the county at top driver rate making service on as many misloads as possible.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I do follow proper work procedures but I would admit around 75% of my packages have HIN#s only because towards the end of the day it's more pressure and fast paced.
Then you are not working as directed. There is NO excuse for not following proper loading procedures if they are disciplining you for misloads. Keep it up and you just might lose your job. I've only seen it happen once but they wanted that guy gone.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Working termination. Ask them if I suck so bad why don't you just terminate me so I can go for back pay from day one? Another thing to ask is if anyone else has more misloads than you, are they administering discipline the same? If not, why? Is it something about the way I look or my gender? Play these games with them just as they are playing with you, it's all about calling their bluff and standing up for yourself.

All that said, keep your nose clean and head down to focus on your work. Don't give them any ammo to use.

watdaflock?

Slow down, stack out more, whatever you have to do...... but you need to have less misloads. When it comes down to it, being a hard worker who keeps their area clean is not nearly as important as having misloads every day.
Not to really kick you in the privates but misloads EVERY DAY is horrible. A few every month is one thing, a few every day is another.

Indecisi0n

Working termination. Ask them if I suck so bad why don't you just terminate me so I can go for back pay from day one? Another thing to ask is if anyone else has more misloads than you, are they administering discipline the same? If not, why? Is it something about the way I look or my gender? Play these games with them just as they are playing with you, it's all about calling their bluff and standing up for yourself.

All that said, keep your nose clean and head down to focus on your work. Don't give them any ammo to use.

Never throw other drivers under the bus. I understand your thinking but they have nothing to do with his current situation.

BROWNCAT

I was a little skeptical about this new preload loader scanners, but let me tell you, they work... before them anywhere between 2 to 5 missloads daily, after the scanners where implemented zero, none, nada with for for almost a month (with the exception of that first week after implemented, learning curve I guess...). and we where told at the PCM that we don't have to go through the truck for missloads anymore o_O:rockon:...

BROWNCAT

Most of the time yes... some days maybe 5 pieces left on the belt for the driver to load (just like it was before the scanners.)

Drink Craft Beer

That's what it's about. If they want you gone, these are the games they'll play in hopes that it will happen. They want "YOU TO QUIT" rather than they fire you.

Years ago I got a letter for a couple out-of-sync's (put scanned label on wrong package) which was out of the ordinary to receive a letter. Then a few months later I was called in and was told I would be getting another letter for the same thing. I asked the center manager if I could ask her a question. She said yes. I asked if anyone on the belt had been getting letters for mis-loads (they were getting out of hand at the time) she yelled "don't question me, get out of my office"

I never got another letter and was never bothered about it again. They don't like it when you call their bluff and stand up for yourself.