"Working Termination" for misloads?

haller

Misloads are common. UPS expects way too much from humans. I didn't have any myself until they put me on this new belt.

Last edited:

BrownTexas

Never throw other drivers under the bus. I understand your thinking but they have nothing to do with his current situation.
I disagree. We are a Union. He cannot be disciplined unfairly. If he gets in trouble for having 3, everyone that had 1 needs to be wrote up as well. In my center no one will ever get fired for misloads. Some drivers call the center and have supervisors come get the packages. Therefore, they never show up as misloads. As long as this is going on, no write up will stick.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I disagree. We are a Union. He cannot be disciplined unfairly. If he gets in trouble for having 3, everyone that had 1 needs to be wrote up as well. In my center no one will ever get fired for misloads. Some drivers call the center and have supervisors come get the packages. Therefore, they never show up as misloads. As long as this is going on, no write up will stick.
Sup's should not be shuttling packages, that is union work

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I 100% agree with you...but the OP should have been finding that info out from the beginning. From the first time he was written up for misloads on...he should have determined that everyone with the same # or more of misleads was disciplined along with himself...and filed harassment grievances if he was being singled out.

By The Book

We don't shine a light on our brothers and sisters mistakes. If we have issues we talk to the BA. He can ask the tough questions of the center manager.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We don't shine a light on our brothers and sisters mistakes. If we have issues we talk to the BA. He can ask the tough questions of the center manager.
Nah, that's not the point. I'm not pointing out others' mistakes so much as holding management accountable for picking and choosing discipline.

Hypothetically, if on a particular day...2 loaders and myself on the same line each have 3 misloads. The next day...the center manager says...he's writing me up...but not the other 2 people for misloads. I call that singling out and harassment and would file.

By The Book

Nah, that's not the point. I'm not pointing out others' mistakes so much as holding management accountable for picking and choosing discipline.

Hypothetically, if on a particular day...2 loaders and myself on the same line each have 3 misloads. The next day...the center manager says...he's writing me up...but not the other 2 people for misloads. I call that singling out and harassment and would file.
I know what you're saying...you want the center manager to tell you to your face that he's being fair in the distribution of the punishment.you want the discipline to be exactly the same for each employee when they misload packages. I think I get it, it's only fair that you should ask and make sure that so and so should be disciplined just like you did. I'm saying to find a way to hold management accountable without including other members into the conversation. I've been in the office with the BA, center manager, and the member and have had them say what about so and so and it doesn't stop the center manager from holding the member accountable for their actions. I'm saying to ask your BA to verify that you the member are being treated equal as another member when it comes to being disciplined for the same thing.

brown67

I think preloaders believe their job is to keep up with the belt, and keep their area clean. That's not the job. It is to load the truck correctly. In my center a misload can take an hour to pick up and take to the correct driver. We run 70 routes a day, so if every truck had 1 misload the cost would be huge.

Stack more, load better. If your pt sup complains about your stacking, have them pull the belt while you catch up.

BrownTexas

I think preloaders believe their job is to keep up with the belt, and keep their area clean. That's not the job. It is to load the truck correctly. In my center a misload can take an hour to pick up and take to the correct driver. We run 70 routes a day, so if every truck had 1 misload the cost would be huge.

Stack more, load better. If your pt sup complains about your stacking, have them pull the belt while you catch up.
No. Have them send you a union employee to pull the belt while you put it in the truck. The supervisor is only there to supervise.

YeeYee

Had similar issues in our center not long ago. If anyone loads a package onto any of your trucks you're no longer liable. So if they send someone to help you wrap up, including the driver they can't hold you accountable for that truck. Speak to your steward about it.

Mythical Methods

No. Have them send you a union employee to pull the belt while you put it in the truck. The supervisor is only there to supervise.

We had this issue all the time. A few grievances filed stopped the nonsense. We wont even let them cover us on bathroom runs anymore. Mainly because our pt sups misload more than the loaders. Then we have to listen to it next day.

I notice everyone says to follow the methods. I think they are called the belt to car methods but I have yet to see them in one place. It just depends on whatever flavor of the hour is the sups start making things up. We call this harrassment because they wont give us a list of them. Some of the loaders have been filing on that and over supervision.

If anyone can find me a list of these mythical methods I would love to see them in writing, in one place.

As for the OP. Call out your PALs to yourself, you might look crazy talking to yourself but it works for me. I use to have a major misload problem. I started doing this and havent had one in over two months.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If anyone can find me a list of these mythical methods I would love to see them in writing, in one place.
image.jpg