Wounded FedEx Driver Kills Armed Robber During Shootout in Philadelphia

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, the cops screwed up big time.

Suppose Frank did have a gun with him but instead of having it on his person he had it in his lunch bag in the cargo area. What good would that have done?

Would you really want to drive up 93 with a revolver secured in a holster on the left hand side of your body? (I assume you are right handed.)

Johney

Are you seriously suggesting that Frank could have held off his much larger kidnappers (plural) had he been packing? He would have been dead and tossed out of the truck before he had a chance to get off a shot.
Maybe the FBI should have you down there as their lead investigator seeing as you have all this information. You have no idea what could have happened. No one does.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
You are exactly right; however, I do know that had Frank been packing and tried to secure his freedom he would have been dead and tossed out the door before getting off the first shot.

The problem is.....you only think you know what would have happened. And that does not mean much to anyone but yourself

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here's a challenge for you. Prove it. Prove any of your "I know this would have happened" scenarios actually would have happened. What's that? You can't? I rest my case.

Are you asking if I can recreate that exact scenario? Of course I can't but anyone with an ounce of common sense would agree that if he tried to pull out his gun to shoot either or both of the perps WHO ALREADY HAD THEIR GUNS DRAWN he would have been dead and tossed out the door without getting a single shot off.

People say that had Colorado allowed CCW that the shootout at the movie theater could have either been greatly diminished or completely avoided. No way. Try to imagine getting a clean shot in the chaotic scene that ensued after the shooting began.

Justaloader

Are you asking if I can recreate that exact scenario? Of course I can't but anyone with an ounce of common sense would agree that if he tried to pull out his gun to shoot either or both of the perps WHO ALREADY HAD THEIR GUNS DRAWN he would have been dead and tossed out the door without getting a single shot off.

People say that had Colorado allowed CCW that the shootout at the movie theater could have either been greatly diminished or completely avoided. No way. Try to imagine getting a clean shot in the chaotic scene that ensued after the shooting began.

We can play the "what if" game all day long. We'll never know what could have / would have happened - we can only speculate. Really no point in going back and forth about it.

That aside, I'm glad the Fedex driver came out on top. The real shame here is the fact that it even happened in the first place. This guy is out there trying to make a living to take care of his own, and has to deal with people like the perpetrator. Takes all kinds to make this world go round, unfortunately.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Are you seriously suggesting that Frank could have held off his much larger kidnappers (plural) had he been packing? He would have been dead and tossed out of the truck before he had a chance to get off a shot.
It doesn't have to go down like a quick draw. I'dve gone with them then capped both of them the moment their guard was down in the slightest.