write ups for dirty shoes and we cant see out of the windshields!

Over 70

Comparing what drivers did in the past to now is apples and oranges.

The sheer number of vehicles on the road is far higher and growing daily, distracted driving is at an all time high and will just grow more until a stiff penalty results, and drivers have more pressure than ever to get more done.

If you make the circle of honor starting in today's UPS, you are a BAMF

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Back up camera's and power steering might help but I would like to know the numbers.

It does seem a lot of more things are chargeable now like getting stuck.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We do a "Sole Check" every Friday morning and my package car might get washed once a year if I'm lucky. Now I carry a spray bottle of glass cleaner to clean my windshield because our "Car Wash" shift has been gutted so bad they only have time to park cars. And I'm on the Safety Committee and I have raised this issue for many years. Now we get charged with hitting dogs that run out in the street and "Not clearing intersections" when some idiot on their cell phone runs into a package car.

Future

Victory Ride
I carry a aerosol can of windshield cleaner and a squeegee in my package car and if need be I will crawl up on my hood and clean off the windshield. easy peasy and streak free.
Had a driver do this not so long ago .....was spotted by the center manager and given a warning letter for working unsafe

Future

Victory Ride
We only charge drivers who cause damage as a result of the stuck not every stuck. I've raked a few lawns for my drivers...
We have a newer sup.....has a nice ford 250 ....has a specific area on his box line that is a heavy snow area......has pulled a few out this winter

Future

Victory Ride
We have a actual automatic drive thru car wash on site ....very helpful in the winter ...problem occurs when the damn thing brings down ( frequent)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How about that film on the side windows? I think it's calcium deposits from the carwash.

Over 70

The windows in the packages cars are brutal. When I used to move heavy equipment for the family business, I kept my windows and mirrors immaculate.

Fast forward to first day on the road at UPS. Attempted to clean windows...waste of time. They can't be cleaned, at least on the train wrecks I drove :)