write ups for dirty shoes and we cant see out of the windshields!

UPSER110

Squeege and windshield wash at the gas station for a quick inside clean.. I just shake the squeege off as much as I can and do the inside windows. On the clock. I also keep my shoes polished so they cant complain. I got in an argument one day with them and their only comeback was "your shoes arent polished"

rod

Retired 22 years
The windows in my P-800 were so pitted and hazy the center manager told me to stop at the local glass shop because they supposedly had some kind of acid that could bring them back to life. After working on a spot on a side window about size of a cereal bowl for 45 minutes the glass guy gave up and said the only cure was new windows. The center manager called me into the office the next day to ask why I was so far over the day before. :rolleyes:

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

We do a "Sole Check" every Friday morning and my package car might get washed once a year if I'm lucky. Now I carry a spray bottle of glass cleaner to clean my windshield because our "Car Wash" shift has been gutted so bad they only have time to park cars. And I'm on the Safety Committee and I have raised this issue for many years. Now we get charged with hitting dogs that run out in the street and "Not clearing intersections" when some idiot on their cell phone runs into a package car.
So true, however I always left the windshield alone in case I needed the excuse of hardling being able to see through it .

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Just out of curiosity. Would the dirty windshield be your excuse if there was a fatality or serious injury to another person? Or just if you had a fender bender?
Anything, its ups's responsibility. By the way, I am a circle of honor driver with that dirty windshield

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I'm sure the police will buy that.
The driver of a vehicle is responsible for being able to see out the windshield and mirrors.
And the brakes, tires, fluids,lights? We should hire mechanics and car washers