Wrongful Termination and Retaliation

PackageCarBeast

On July 16, 2018 I was Terminated for have my wireless earphones in, while delivering my residential stops. I was seen by my Center Manger and On-Road Sup, They we’re following behind me for 45min with Binoculars, so I filed for wrongful termination, all this happen while I’m going through my 30day probation to become a Cover Driver. They held a meeting with my Center Manger, Stewards and BA about me. My Center Manger wants to go ahead an fire me because he think I don’t get it, His exact words “I don’t get it”.

Ps I’ve been driving for 2years untrained for peak season and sometime during the regular season “Still untrained because they claim they don’t have time but they want me to drive”

Another time before my 30day probation for Cover Driving, my Center Manger told me multiple times, how would You feel if You have to go home and tell your wife you don’t have a job anymore, I feel like it wasn’t right for him to Threaten me with my job multiple times when I was never trained

Can someone help me or tell me if I have a case or not

sandwich

The resident gearhead
On July 16, 2018 I was Terminated for have my wireless earphones in, while delivering my residential stops. I was seen by my Center Manger and On-Road Sup, They we’re following behind me for 45min with Binoculars, so I filed for wrongful termination, all this happen while I’m going through my 30day probation to become a Cover Driver. They held a meeting with my Center Manger, Stewards and BA about me. My Center Manger wants to go ahead an fire me because he think I don’t get it, His exact words “I don’t get it”.

Ps I’ve been driving for 2years untrained for peak season and sometime during the regular season “Still untrained because they claim they don’t have time but they want me to drive”

Another time before my 30day probation for Cover Driving, my Center Manger told me multiple times, how would You feel if You have to go home and tell your wife you don’t have a job anymore, I feel like it wasn’t right for him to Threaten me with my job multiple times when I was never trained

I know for a fact they told you at least 3 times before to keep them out.

dogs.bite.me

Why not just buy a BT speaker? There is only so much the union can do with stupidity. Eventually it catches up and nothing can be done.

john chesney

I think they will probably end up disqualify you. You probably will go back to your old job. We’ve all done things we’re not supposed to but during your probationary period not good. I have to ask do you get it? You’re going to do things there way like it or not

wilberforce15

Did you admit to it?

I fail to see why a firing can stick just because a manager says he saw something, with no corroboration, no evidence, no other witnesses, or an admission. His word is just his word.

Box Ox

Another time before my 30day probation for Cover Driving, my Center Manger told me multiple times, how would You feel if You have to go home and tell your wife you don’t have a job anymore

Was a mention that they’d previously seen you covering both ears while delivering part of that conversation?

Seen plenty of guys wear Bluetooth earpieces all day. But headphones on both ears? Come on, man.

Johney

Not only is it against ups policy I believe it’s illegal in a lot of states. Earphones in both ears while driving a cv.

Indecisi0n

Well, how does it feel?

old levi's

blank space
Did you somehow rationalize that because they were residential stops there was a lesser degree of responsibility on your part to operate the vehicle safely?

Residential = kids

PrimeUPS

Where's the retaliation in this?
You're in a 30 day packet, they can DQ you for almost anything but having both ears plugged while you're doing resi's?? You're done bro. That's not wrongful termination. The company put you on probation for a reason, you screwed up. Go back to your old job and try again next year. Learn from your mistakes or you'll never wear brown again.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
If you don't have a target on your back, could you get away with 2 ear speakers ? Probably
If you had a target on your back and were told not to wear them, could you get away with it ? Probably not

They'll surely threaten the termination but will most likely send you back to your old job inside.
Maybe next time, YOU'LL GET IT

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Not sure the law, but I think it might be illegal to have them in at all here
Distracted Driving: States With Hands Free Phone Laws

No state currently has an outright ban on hands-free cell phone usage while driving. That means if you can connect your device with the Bluetooth technology installed in your car, you can talk with a headset — typically one covering only one ear. There are also exceptions to this law in some areas. For instance, in New York City taxicab drivers cannot use a cellphone at all while working.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Distracted Driving: States With Hands Free Phone Laws

No state currently has an outright ban on hands-free cell phone usage while driving. That means if you can connect your device with the Bluetooth technology installed in your car, you can talk with a headset — typically one covering only one ear. There are also exceptions to this law in some areas. For instance, in New York City taxicab drivers cannot use a cellphone at all while working.

Sweet. Gotcha. Like I said I knew there was SOMETHING just didn’t know what it was. I try my best to not talk on the phone at all while behind the wheel. Although I’m not perfect at it. But I try not to.