Wrote a song inspired by my years at UPS. I think many of you will relate. :)

Songwritersoul

Wow. Had no idea about the secrecy of identity rule here. Wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers. Just thought some other UPSers might enjoy a tune written by another disgruntled UPSer. Now I can't change my name so my bad and sorry for deeply offending you Cheryl. Wasn't my intention.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Wow. Had no idea about the secrecy of identity rule here. Wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers. Just thought some other UPSers might enjoy a tune written by another disgruntled UPSer. Now I can't change my name so my bad and sorry for deeply offending you Cheryl. Wasn't my intention.

You can change it. Just go to your profile. Or, ask @cheryl for help.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
No worries. I'm not offended at all so don't worry about it. Just change your username please.

I tried on my profile, but it said I don't have permission so maybe she locked me out or something.

The option to change your username is in account settings. Here's a screen shot:

Usernamechange.png

Or I'd be happy to change it for you if you start a conversation with me and let me know what username you would like to change to.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
This place has changed for good
Your economic theory said it should
It's hard for us to understand
We can't seem to do our jobs
The way we should

Our blood has stained the soil
We drive deep throughout the nation's soul
We matter more than dollars and cents
Your economic theory makes no sense

One day in a future age

They may understand our rage
Implement programs you can't control
Hide your mistakes in a great big hole

You want labor that's cheap and clean
So our dirty faces are never seen
Casey's legacy should live for a thousand years

Telematics..

We work these hard streets together

We work these hard streets together

340 methods are sound
100 years of experience laid them down
We drive on ancient forest-lands
And power the economy with our hands

Your dark satanic plans
Have made redundant all our driving skills
You can't exchange your wall street fans
For all the broken bodies in this land

One day in a future age
They may understand our rage
Design programs you don't control
And throw your mistakes in a great big hole

Consensus in a boardroom
That's plush and clean
Our grimy faces are never seen
Casey's legacy dead for at least 10 years

Orion

We work the dark streets together

We work the dark streets together

© Sting(We Work The Black Seam)Dream Of The Blue Turtles. A&M Records/1985

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Was this song supposed to be like the one where Al met Waylon Jennings? I thought a UPS inspired song might go like Industrial Disease by Dire Straits.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Hi everyone,

My name is Steven W. I'm a driver out of Tualatin, Or and have been with UPS for 27 long years. Overall, I'm very grateful for this job as it pays well and has great benefits, but like probably all of us, there have been chunks of time in our careers where we were slightly less than happy with our jobs. :) About 10 years ago, when I was pretty unhappy with the constant overloads and being reminded of over allowed hours on a daily basis, I was inspired to write a song. I originally had this idea based off of the Married with children character Al Bundy, but because I was hating my job so much at the time, it became a blend of Al Bundy and my life. I finally recorded it with my first complete album that I just finished and wanted to share it with other UPS'ers because I think many of you will relate and maybe get a laugh out of it.
The song is titled, "Livin' the dream" and you can listen to it here:

{Deleted by cheryl. Please don't post personally identifiable info here.}

I hope you like it!!

cheers,
Steve
I missed it! Son of a gun. Send it to my inbox.

:-)

ps; I'm no threat. No worries mate.

Songwritersoul

What the heck, my bump yesterday got removed. Here is the actual link to the tune if anyone is still interested. I think the lyrics still hold up. Mix a little Al Bundy with a career at UPS and this is the song you get haha: AND FYI: PLEASE don't delete this. The name on the album isn't necessarily me. I could simply be a member of the band OK?