XL Oil Pipeline

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, if Oil falls below $70 a barrel, the Alberta Oil Sands come to a frozen halt, too. It needs $70/barrel to be profitable.
Newt and Bachmann don't understand that. They still believe a $2.50 a gallon of gas is possible.

I suppose if the USA can drill enough oil to make up for 50% of it's oil imports, and the growing economies such as China, India, Brazil don't continue using more oil, then it just might be possible.

Basically, the USA would have to become ( replacing Canada), the second largest worlds oil producer and exporter for $2.50/gallon to become reality.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, if Oil falls below $70 a barrel, the Alberta Oil Sands come to a frozen halt, too. It needs $70/barrel to be profitable.
Newt and Bachmann don't understand that. They still believe a $2.50 a gallon of gas is possible.

I suppose if the USA can drill enough oil to make up for 50% of it's oil imports, and the growing economies such as China, India, Brazil don't continue using more oil, then it just might be possible.

Basically, the USA would have to become ( replacing Canada), the second largest worlds oil producer and exporter for $2.50/gallon to become reality.
Did Newt win president and Bachman veep? (I hadn't heard.
Your saying they don't understand something is like saying Mr. Brown and Mrs. Smith don't understand something......nobody cares.
Lower gas prices ARE possible............one blend for now!
All the citizens know it.......Obama is a stubborn mule and TOO NARCISSISTC to listen to others.

klein

Let me get this straight. The US is already exporting oil and gasoline at market value of course.
So, a question to the C9ners, Newt, Boehner, Romney, Sani, and all the other republicans diehards :

Instead of exporting US oil/gasoline, why not keep it in the country and sell it to Americans for less ?
The Keystone pipeline to the Texan Gulfshore will export even more.
Are the republicans talking subsidizing oil/gas for American consumers or will they sell it at international market value to their own citizens like Canada does ?

And another blow :
Even if the US magically became the worlds largest oil producer, OPEC would simply fight back with 2 Ace cards they hold :
1) Lowering their own output of oil
2) Lowering the value of the US dollar by selling theirs, ( a lower US dollar would automatically lead to higher resource prices).

wkmac

Occupiers, Tea Partiers, Environmentalists, Individualist libertarians united to oppose Keystone XL

I opposed Keystone for the same eminent domain abuses as well but when I saw an existing pipeline network map of the US, I seriously began to ask why Keystone XL now?

north_america_pipelines_map.jpg
north_america_pipelines_map.jpg

klein

You see that map above ?
Every pipeline leads thru Edmonton !
Oil Capital of Canada !
No wonder our hockey team is named "Oilers" !
And if you ever visit the Hockey arena here - signs are up - "This is Oil Country" ! :)

images
images

moreluck

golden ticket member
Would someone please tell moreluck that the Houston Oilers are now the Tennessee Titans and that the current Houston NFL team is called the Texans.
I know that....I was hassling Klein.......But, the L.A. Rams are doing great, right?

You better check the other threads there were 3 instances where the poster used "there' when they should've used "their". That's serious stuff!

klein

The pipeline is happening and going to be competed, no if's and doubts.
What's the big deal - you won't get it any cheaper.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lobbying and begging are clearly not one in the same.

You need to look for "news sources" other than Weasel Zipper.
Are you saying Obama did not call any Democrats telling them how to vote???????
Is he a president or a lobbyist??

I like picking my own sources....but here's the lame CNN...........
CNN site.....""He made some calls," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters before the vote."

It only lost by 4 votes in the Senate which means a bunch of Dems voted for it!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Pipeline smimeline. There is already TOO MUCH oil in the country! The facts are plain and simple. Private land oil production is HIGHER and goverment owned land is LOWER. Isnt that the scenario the GOP has been calling for ????

Let me see, now they want the GOVERMENT to get involved in the OIL BUSINESS? What happened to the argument about the goverment staying out of the private sector? Oh yeah, that doesnt work, thus the high gas prices, and now the GOP FAITHFUL want OBAMA to get involved in the private sector oil market and do something.

Please.

In 2011 more OIL, OIL PRODUCTS, REFINED FUEL, DIESEL and byproducts have been EXPORTED than were IMPORTED!!! This is the first time since 1949 that this has been the case in the USA, and YET, the windbags that repeat the GOP talking points say DRILL BABY DRILL.... DRILL HERE DRILL NOW!

Why? Obviously there is plenty of oil to go around.

The real question is why? Nobody wants to get serious on this issue, they are tooooooooo busy being deflected about pipelines.

Hanging out on right wing websites pollutes the mind and prevents knowledgeable conversation.

Peace

TOS

klein

In my opinion, the Keystone pipeline is just meant for exports.
Probably to Europe.
IT's very secretative, but we don't need the oil, nor does the US.
It will be exported.

bbsam

Staff member
Are you saying Obama did not call any Democrats telling them how to vote???????
Is he a president or a lobbyist??

I like picking my own sources....but here's the lame CNN...........
CNN site.....""He made some calls," White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters before the vote."

It only lost by 4 votes in the Senate which means a bunch of Dems voted for it!!
As leader of the party, isn't he supposed to help line up votes for his position? And as far as delay goes, dont look to the oval office. Look to the senate that needs 60 votes to accomplish anything.