XL Oil Pipeline

moreluck

golden ticket member
This prez. wants the gas prices to go up , hoping like a wretched tobacco habit, maybe we will give up gas when it's too high.
He could ease up some on the drilling regulation and moratoriums, say yes to the pipeline :censored2:, but he chooses to let the Chinese drill for oil off our coasts or paying the Brazilians to drill. He thinks people will just jump at the chance to go electric cars......he's nuts..
We'll just find our way to be self supporting (oil wise) without Obama.

klein

Für Meno :)
This prez. wants the gas prices to go up , hoping like a wretched tobacco habit, maybe we will give up gas when it's too high.
He could ease up some on the drilling regulation and moratoriums, say yes to the pipeline :censored2:, but he chooses to let the Chinese drill for oil off our coasts or paying the Brazilians to drill. He thinks people will just jump at the chance to go electric cars......he's nuts..
We'll just find our way to be self supporting (oil wise) without Obama.

Lets say you had just as much oil as Canada has. Would the USA sell the oil at market price to it's citizens, or sell it below market value to it's citizens ?
Canada is not a Mexico, Venuzuela or Kuwait. We have to pay market prices in the free world up north.

Maybe the US would be different and subsidize it for their own citizens, but in a free (US) market that wouldn't happen, right ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lets say you had just as much oil as Canada has. Would the USA sell the oil at market price to it's citizens, or sell it below market value to it's citizens ?
Canada is not a Mexico, Venuzuela or Kuwait. We have to pay market prices in the free world up north.

Maybe the US would be different and subsidize it for their own citizens, but in a free (US) market that wouldn't happen, right ?

I read the other day where the price of natural gas has fallen to the point where the companies drilling for it are actually losing money and have slowed down production. Slowing down production will artificially raise the price which will then speed up production.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Wait til this summer when $5/gallon is the average.

At this rate, we'll see $5/gal much sooner.

A new study has come out stating that electric cars pollute more than their gasoline cousins .

This current economy will come to a halt with very high fuel costs.
And bhos' re-election bid will fail, badly.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's been over $4 for awhile in Hawaii and it's over $4 in parts of CA.

Locally.....

1. $3.91 - MCCS Autopor... - Bldg 51091 Basilone Rd, Camp Pendleton, CA
  2. 5$3.95 - ARCO - 34342 Pacific Coast Hwy, Dana Point, CA

bbsam

Staff member
I read the other day where the price of natural gas has fallen to the point where the companies drilling for it are actually losing money and have slowed down production. Slowing down production will artificially raise the price which will then speed up production.
Right. And so if oil companies WANT $5/gallon gas, they will get it. Only when it becomes a hinderance to the bottom line will it settle. There will never again be $1.85/gallon gas again...unless we end up in another recession where people cannot even afford that. It's all relative.

moreluck

golden ticket member
And.....where are the source references???????
Do you just expect us to believe what you say you read??
Why would you supply less when you demand so much more of others. Are you a hypocrite or a phony or both?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why would you supply less when you demand so much more of others. Are you a hypocrite or a phony or both?

Low prices slow U.S. natural gas production - Washington Greene PA Gas Drilling - observer-reporter

The same thing is happening where I live with cogeneration plants. Co-gen plants burn alternate sources of fuel to produce electriciity. The one in the article burns wood chips and is in the process of laying off their employees as the price for the electricity generated has fallen to the point where they are losing money.

Layoffs planned at biomass plant Local News Press-Republican

If you read the comments you will see the one that I made under the user name UPS_Dave.

bbsam

Staff member
I heard the same thing on NPR a couple weeks ago should you want to go to NPR.org and research it. I'm still too computer stupid to figure out how to post a link.