Yellow

DOK

Do you just make statements without understanding? These members have sacrificed since 2008. Cuts in pay, many years little to no raises, Some years no pension payments, other years as little as 1/4 paid. All of this approved by the members to try and keep this company going.

The company has hired executive after executive, and given millions of dollars worth of bonuses took a $700 million loan from the government and has paid less than $100 back and now they think they can just not pay peoples healthcare and pension. Starting Monday these workers were told they don’t have healthcare anymore. Tough luck even though the company has more than $150 million on hand the judge basically told yellow freight they were full of :censored2:. What exactly would you like for people to do?
While all heartbreaking it seems this company has been dying a slow death since 2008, shockingly mismanaged for such a long period of time.

Thebrownblob

While all heartbreaking it seems this company has been dying a slow death since 2008, shockingly mismanaged for such a long period of time.
Indeed, the union brothers and sisters truly sacrificed to try to save this company. The corporate vultures had other plans.

Over70irregs

If employees were possibly paid/compensated partially in a different medium they would not be left hanging on an island. Also companies would be less incentivized to steal your energy that was paid for with time.

Screenshot_20230731-122051-248.png

Zowert

Indeed, the union brothers and sisters truly sacrificed to try to save this company. The corporate vultures had other plans.
Yet there are people blaming the Teamsters for Yellow’s demise. Pull up a recent Yahoo news article on Yellow and scroll through the comments. It’s insane how many working class people are anti-union.

Zowert

They’re jealous, envious bastards
You are right. One of the most abusive and hateful comments I have read came from a, no joke, NURSE on Yahoo. She was upset because she found out the UPS “delivery boy” is making more money than she is (likely better benefits as well). Weird thing is I know a couple nurses that make more than I do as a top rate RPCD and they’re both in a union.