You’re all pathetic

rod

Retired 22 years
Craziest one i ever got into was driving 20 miles with it getting dark and colder after a turkey took out my windshield. Working out of satellite center so they were reluctant to pay for a wrecker. Told me to kick out rest of windshield and cripple back. Even after doing that was getting hit with little glass fragments all the way back, so squinted and held my mesh cap over my face. Great UPS memory now,but lucky i didn't blind myself.
I was told to drive back to the center on a flat tire (about 15 miles of country road) one time. There was hardly any tire left on the wheel by the time I got back. This was on a Friday when there wasn't any management in our building and our mechanic hadn't started for the evening yet. They always left by noon on Fri. I had called Minneapolis to see what I was suppose to do as that happened shortly after UPS removed all the spare tires from the trucks to make room for more packages. Work as directed. Our mechanic just shook his head and threw away the wheel -- what was left of it.

35years

Gravy route
We all mess up...without exception. I have done stuff way more stupid.

He just wanted to know if he would still have a job. That situation is extremely stressful.

Did he over-react to the jabs...yep.

But some on this forum are so quick to jump on fellow drivers it is really sad.

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
…What, if they fire you the they hafta pay you unemployment; hence the :censored2:-heat supervisor who keeps getting Re-located…he’s a dumb-friend who they can’t seem to get rid of cause of that stipulation.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Amen, take a look the amount of posts the regulars have on here, it’s really sad.
Sad?

tyeAsa7rjD03.png

quad decade guy

We all mess up...without exception. I have done stuff way more stupid.

He just wanted to know if he would still have a job. That situation is extremely stressful.

Did he over-react to the jabs...yep.

But some on this forum are so quick to jump on fellow drivers it is really sad.
Like you? My GOD the hypocrisy.......

Back From Break
Came on here a few months ago about being terminated for not wearing a seatbelt. All I was looking for was advice or if anyone knew of a similar situation. I was ripped to shreds by people telling me I’m a runner and I deserve to get fired and I’ll never get my career back. Today I wanted to tell you all I got my job back and that you’re all *ing worthless. This discussion forum is an absolute joke and anyone who comes on here just to degrade fellow union workers is an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being. * all of you old, ignorant, heavy drinking/smoking pieces of *. Have fun retiring and then dying 2 years after. From the bottom of my heart, * YOU

You were ripped to shreds by people saying you were a runner gunner because that's what you showed people you are. You said you didn't wear your seatbelt to make up time and get rid of 20 stops. That's what a runner gunner is. Taking shortcuts to get the job done. And for you to get caught if this was the first time you did this is extremely hard to believe.

They had telematics showing that you did this quite frequently, so they went out and observed you.

And yes, there are some dumb comments on here, but it is usually the same people just having fun. And it is usually because somebody did something stupid, and not just once, but continued to do it until they got caught.

But you are also forgetting about all the "helpful" comments you also got on this forum.

Here, let me help you out, and btw, I'm glad you got your job back, now, do it by the book.

Don’t lie it’ll only make things worse

Grovel. You might get your job back but they easily have grounds to fire you for good. You might get your job back but pretty much a crap shoot.

Be prepared to be out of work for a long time. A UPS driver was killed in a crash and wasn’t wearing a seatbelt either earlier this year. They do not want the same to happen to you. They want to make an example out of you.

I think you will get your job back after an unpaid leave of absence due to your time of service. That is if you have a pretty clean record until this incident.

Don’t they have to give you a warning letter 1st. Was a shop steward in the office with you when they fired you.

If they can prove you went out of your way to cheat telematics it is considered dishonesty, but they can't use specific telematics data to fire you; two different things.

What is your BA telling you?

Look man, a lot of the posters here ARE bitter old a holes, but there’s also a lot of wisdom here if you listen. If I were you, I would just take the L, humble yourself, and do things differently next time.

We had a driver do that and sit out for 6 weeks or so. You have plenty of years so how do you not know you come up on a report if the seatbelt doesn’t unclick before you open the bulkhead?????

Yes there is always a shot.

People screw up and learn from their mistakes. I hope the OP gets his job back and works slow and safe for many years as a pro-union non-scab who is very grateful to his business agent.

Did they take you off the road immediately when they confronted you ??
I'd bet , no , they let you finish the day !
So obviously, they didn't care so much for your safety , they probably let you finish the day because they didn't want to do it !!
Bring this up with the B A ,,, I hope you've learned your lesson and get your job back !!
You are being used as an example!
Do the job the way you were trained , don't over hustle to make up their stupid #'s

Did they take your id, walk you to the gate?
If not, I'd just come to work like normal and stop doing crazy things like this.

I'm sorry, but it sounds like the telematics caught you enough for management to come out and physically observe you. These violations are hard to overturn. I've seen part-timers go from cush part- time jobs become a package drivers and end there UPS careers on a short note. Good luck at your hearing, have you been terminated before. Going to a panel is some serious deep *.

upschuck

Craziest one i ever got into was driving 20 miles with it getting dark and colder after a turkey took out my windshield. Working out of satellite center so they were reluctant to pay for a wrecker. Told me to kick out rest of windshield and cripple back. Even after doing that was getting hit with little glass fragments all the way back, so squinted and held my mesh cap over my face. Great UPS memory now,but lucky i didn't blind myself.
I was told to drive a car back after it had caught fire, by a mechanic. I said no. Waited a couple hours for wrecker, and rode in with him. Steward ripped the shop a new one.

kxs783kms

kxs783
Came on here a few months ago about being terminated for not wearing a seatbelt. All I was looking for was advice or if anyone knew of a similar situation. I was ripped to shreds by people telling me I’m a runner and I deserve to get fired and I’ll never get my career back. Today I wanted to tell you all I got my job back and that you’re all *ing worthless. This discussion forum is an absolute joke and anyone who comes on here just to degrade fellow union workers is an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being. * all of you old, ignorant, heavy drinking/smoking pieces of *. Have fun retiring and then dying 2 years after. From the bottom of my heart, * YOU

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of guys here hate their life, their family and being home, apparently. This is their meet up place to release all of that hate and frustration that they can't towards management or at home lol. Definitely not the place to come if you're looking for serious advice. You come here to get a good laugh off of miserable people and that's about it lol.

over9five

Staff member
I've come to the conclusion that a lot of guys here hate their life, their family and being home, apparently. This is their meet up place to release all of that hate and frustration that they can't towards management or at home lol. Definitely not the place to come if you're looking for serious advice. You come here to get a good laugh off of miserable people and that's about it lol.
There's good advice here, too...
See @Well-Known Member 's post above.

Back From Break
Definitely not the place to come if you're looking for serious advice.

That is not true. If you look at every question on this forum asked, you will find good and serious advice. Granted, you have to weed through some unrelated, snide postings. You get that everywhere.

And you usually get the good advice first. So there is really not much more to say. The question has been answered...so let the games begin...

meritocracy

I said I hoped you learned your lesson and got your job back. Now I'm saying I hope you get some therapy for yourself.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I am single, have no child, not divorced, make a lot of money, bang a lot of women, still haven’t caught a disease, live in my own bachelor pad, love the family I have, hate my management, and love my job.

I love my life actually

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
OK now what the :censored2:
YGBSM

rickyb

yea it is toxic here sorry to hear that.

i was under investigation at another job and i had to lie to keep my job. if i told the truth i wouldve been fired.