"You are Instructed to Report Tomorrow." (Sat)

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Jesus H Christ. They force Black Friday which is all double time plus holiday pay for feeders here. I show up with a smile on my face. Easily a $1,000 day. Other than that? Kick rocks.

ManInBrown

Jesus H Christ. They force Black Friday which is all double time plus holiday pay for feeders here. I show up with a smile on my face. Easily a $1,000 day. Other than that? Kick rocks.
It’s not a $1000 day when Uncle Sam is done digging his grubby little hands into your pile of money. I work My triple time election day every year. And work the same amount of hours that week, that I work almost every week. 42-44 hours. For that $1000+ day, I get an extra $300 on my paycheck.

Drink Craft Beer

Once the schedule is posted for the following week and it doesn't have me scheduled to work Saturday, then they're SOL. Can't force me in or punish me for not doing so.

wornoutupser

Prove it.
Post the police report.

Or stop posting permanently.

That is the bet.
You honestly think I still have that report from the 80's??

My doctor also had to call when I went in with the flu a few months later.

104 degree fever and my boss was yelling at the doctor to give me something so that I could work. Dock called the cops and had him thrown out.

My building is famous for this kind of crap. For a long time I was #3 in Florida for filing against UPS.

ManInBrown

104 degree fever and my boss was yelling at the doctor to give me something so that I could work. Dock called the cops and had him thrown out.

My building is famous for this kind of crap. For a long time I was #3 in Florida for filing against UPS.
It’s amazing the sheet they try to pull with drivers to get them to come in. The intimidation is thru the roof. And drivers fall for it the biggest cowards at UPS are the 20+ year drivers that show up an hour early every morning chewing their fingernails off while they stare at the computer watching their stop count go thru the roof. I used to just shake my head. Why can’t drivers get it thru their thick skulls that at worst, you’re working 13 hours, and bringing it in. Why is that so hard to understand? When I used to call out, the FT dispatcher would get on the phone and beg me to come in. I used to laugh at him, and hang up. “You’re real light today, please come in”

The union needs to put an emphasis on teaching drivers to have balls and stand up for yourself. Do not let them intimidate you. The entire role of a package on car is to intimidate. Even if it only works on 5% of the workforce.

They used to send me messages during peak asking me to please work Saturday. I used to respond LOLOL.

there’s a reason management in package is so happy when a driver goes to feeders. One less driver to teach the young guys the ropes and show them how to stand up for themselves. Once all the old timers are gone, and it’s nothing but 22.4s and newbies, watch how bad the package job becomes. If you think this is bad, wait till that happens.

Last edited:

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
It’s not a $1000 day when Uncle Sam is done digging his grubby little hands into your pile of money. I work My triple time election day every year. And work the same amount of hours that week, that I work almost every week. 42-44 hours. For that $1000+ day, I get an extra $300 on my paycheck.
I worked 59 hours one week and 68 hours the next during peak ...my paycheck was like $200 difference...never again.
🧔✊

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

Your Center Manager went to the Doctor with you when you had the flu?

Prove it or quit posting permanently

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I’m just waiting til they go after all the guys with 10+ call outs on their record from this covid peak forced 6th punch bs.
I’ve taken every Saturday off I can without crossing the 6 in 9 month rule...I’m comfortable being at 5.
But we have 10+ guys that just refuse to do it and call out every single Saturday. Every time they do, you bet your ass UPS is counting it as an occurrence.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I’m just waiting til they go after all the guys with 10+ call outs on their record from this covid peak forced 6th punch bs.
I’ve taken every Saturday off I can without crossing the 6 in 9 month rule...I’m comfortable being at 5.
But we have 10+ guys that just refuse to do it and call out every single Saturday. Every time they do, you bet your ass UPS is counting it as an occurrence.
Progressive discipline. Let them keep score. Even if the union were to say those sixth punches are all forceable, if they haven't followed the process, worst you can get is a warning letter, and I'd guess you could fight to have it knocked back to a verbal if they haven't "officially" done that, either.

Probably depends on the local, and just how much of a backbone the driver has.