"You are Instructed to Report Tomorrow." (Sat)

ManInBrown

You can definitely use the fatigued angle a few times but I wouldn’t go overboard using it. You’ll find yourself being sent to the work dr and being hooked up to a C PAP machine to prove you don’t have sleeping issues. I’ve seen it happen to Drivers. UPS always has an angle for everything.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
While working Saturday sucks for your personal life, it is the easiest work day of the week. Mostly just house stops, no business bulk to deal with. And you make 50% more money.
The route I do gets all bulky furniture crap. 8 apartments and about 4 business pick ups. It’s a garbage route.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
You can definitely use the fatigued angle a few times but I wouldn’t go overboard using it. You’ll find yourself being sent to the work dr and being hooked up to a C PAP machine to prove you don’t have sleeping issues. I’ve seen it happen to Drivers. UPS always has an angle for everything.
Not to mention a fitness for duty, they could absolutely do it if they wanted to. How’s your piss? Better be clean.
This is what I’ve told my buddies (they don’t have clean piss)

11.19igrad

While working Saturday sucks for your personal life, it is the easiest work day of the week. Mostly just house stops, no business bulk to deal with. And you make 50% more money.
absolutely not. the day i was doomed i had 1/2 of antioch in nashville tn. never had an area that big before. ALL of the apartments. they did it on purpose.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
If management tries forcing me in on Saturdays and threaten a write-up, they know that I’ll be calling off on Sat and Monday. Still one occurrence, might as well make the most of it! K byeeeee

Zowert

It’s not a $1000 day when Uncle Sam is done digging his grubby little hands into your pile of money. I work My triple time election day every year. And work the same amount of hours that week, that I work almost every week. 42-44 hours. For that $1000+ day, I get an extra $300 on my paycheck.
I found that around 45 hours a week (5 hours OT) seems to be the sweet spot. When I put over 50 hours in a week I’m not really seeing a large increase on my paycheck since OT is taxed so heavily. During peak I’ll dump 10% into my 401k (i normally put 5% in) for this reason.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I found that around 45 hours a week (5 hours OT) seems to be the sweet spot. When I put over 50 hours in a week I’m not really seeing a large increase on my paycheck since OT is taxed so heavily. During peak I’ll dump 10% into my 401k (i normally put 5% in) for this reason.
I agree with 45 hours in the box mentally and physically. No problem. Body feels great, not over worked and grouchy. Anything over you enter the danger zone

ManInBrown

Yup that’s the sweet spot, 43.5-45. Now don’t get me wrong, at the end of the day working more does help your 401k, but there’s something that really pisses me off when I gross $1700 and after stock buy, and 401k I clear $1000. And then I use my triple time day and I gross $2500 and I clear $1225-$1275. Where the friend is the rest of my money.

Do 10% into your 401k all year if you can afford it. You won’t really notice much of a difference if you do pre tax. I do 15% all year.

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
Yup that’s the sweet spot, 43.5-45. Now don’t get me wrong, at the end of the day working more does help your 401k, but there’s something that really pisses me off when I gross $1700 and after stock buy, and 401k I clear $1000. And then I use my triple time day and I gross $2500 and I clear $1225-$1275. Where the friend is the rest of my money.
Somebody gotta pay those lazy slobs on unemployment that extra $300....