Your Pre-Loader Thanks You

KOG72

I’m full of it
Thank you to all of the drivers who buy his or her pre-loader breakfast everyday and or give him or her a christmas bonus $. We appreciate it just as you appreciate our loads that we give you. God Bless. Happy Peak & Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year.
You're welcome

10 point

On the day in question he was "allowed" to work only 4 hours. When I told him that he was not a happy camper so I told him that I would give him an additional 2 hours on my dime. $20 is not going to make or break me.

Is it a smart thing to do? Probably not.

What would have happened had he gotten hurt during those two hours? Good question.
You'd be lucky to keep your job. Brilliant move.

If we need more time we call in, explain the reason it makes sense and even if the reason is marginal they give us more helper time every time.

I'd never pay anyone to transgress the company's demand to get off the clock.

That's plain stupidity.

vvv

I
You'd be lucky to keep your job. Brilliant move.

If we need more time we call in, explain the reason it makes sense and even if the reason is marginal they give us more helper time every time.

I'd never pay anyone to transgress the company's demand to get off the clock.

That's plain stupidity.
It's basically like having an unauthorized person on your package car.

I mean.......I do keep my blow up doll under the driver side shelf in hiding on a custom made support.....but that's for another conversation. She's to me what a therapy dog/pet is to others.
I need her support and "consoling" on those long tough days. :)

10 point

I
It's basically like having an unauthorized person on your package car.

I mean.......I do keep my blow up doll under the driver side shelf in hiding on a custom made support.....but that's for another conversation. She's to me what a therapy dog/pet is to others.
I need her support and "consoling" on those long tough days. :)
I saw another delivery company driver with his 10 yr old son in the jump seat as a helper.
We're not subcontracted drivers.

If the helper drove airs in the morning and then came on car as a helper, got paid cash without logging the DOT hours, it would be enough to terminate both employees if caught.

Brilliant. Should've just paid the helper a gift bonus daily and got them off the clock as directed.

vvv

I saw another delivery company driver with his 10 yr old son in the jump seat as a helper.
We're not subcontracted drivers.

If the helper drove airs in the morning and then came on car as a helper, got paid cash without logging the DOT hours, it would be enough to terminate both employees if caught.

Brilliant. Should've just paid the helper a gift bonus daily and got them off the clock as directed.
Some people don't think too wisely buddy.....he's proof of that.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
$40 for my Peak loader and $100 for my permanent loader.

Two.

On the day in question he was "allowed" to work only 4 hours. When I told him that he was not a happy camper so I told him that I would give him an additional 2 hours on my dime. $20 is not going to make or break me.

Is it a smart thing to do? Probably not.

What would have happened had he gotten hurt during those two hours? Good question.

Bending the rules again.

Why not just keep him on the clock those extra hours? I doubt you would hear anything about it.

vvv

Two.

Bending the rules again.

Why not just keep him on the clock those extra hours? I doubt you would hear anything about it.

Upstate should change his screen name/logo to EVERLAST. Dudes like a punching bag on here from what I see. Can't say it isn't deserved to a degree.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Thank you to all of the drivers who buy his or her pre-loader breakfast everyday and or give him or her a christmas bonus $. We appreciate it just as you appreciate our loads that we give you. God Bless. Happy Peak & Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year.
No Thank You for having the label facing down. Thank you for the NDA in the 7000 . Thank You for putting liquids sidewaysOTE="Number24, post: 2524459, member: 56219"]Thank you to all of the drivers who buy his or her pre-loader breakfast everyday and or give him or her a christmas bonus $. We appreciate it just as you appreciate our loads that we give you. God Bless. Happy Peak & Merry Christmas to all and a happy new year.[/QUOTE]

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I guess we drivers should tip the unloaders as well. Also, the carwash and everyone else in the operation?

Rack em

Made the Podium
I guess we drivers should tip the unloaders as well. Also, the carwash and everyone else in the operation?
Our car washer is an outside contractor and isn't union so every year we pool money together and give it to him in an x-mas card. He's a good guy and deserves it.