Your Pre-Loader Thanks You

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
First peak for me. I dont really expect anything (who tips people that work at the same company anyways, im not a busboy). It was cool about the gift card though. He brought me in a bagel a couple times too. Good dude. Apparently after peak they move drivers so im kinda bummed out i wont load for him after.
Do your lawn care customers tip you at all or send Christmas cards with a bonus?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Re-gifted? Would drivers do that? :)
My helper got re gifts all week. Baked treats, Box of Lindt chocolate, and a fiver. Great kid. Great work ethic.

Edit: During a snow storm, on his first day, kid ran 2.6 miles to the meet point. I did not know he was just discharged from the Navy, and has no car here yet.
He's getting at least $100 this Friday. Made peak as easy as it gets.

Last edited:

Future

Victory Ride
Mine helper got re gifts all week. Baked treats, Box of Lindt chocolate, and a fiver. Great kid. Great work ethic.
I do give a lot of my customer gifts away....I really don't drink liquor (occasionally Crown) ...so any bottles I do receive I hand off to someone

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have given my helper a $20 tip for each week that he has worked and an additional $20 "cold weather" tip for both this past Thursday and Friday to make sure that he would show up to work. I also "paid" him $20 for keeping him two hours past his allowed hours.

Future

Victory Ride
I have given my helper a $20 tip for each week that he has worked and an additional $20 "cold weather" tip for both this past Thursday and Friday to make sure that he would show up to work. I also "paid" him $20 for keeping him two hours past his allowed hours.
My loader and my previous ...take it upon themselves ...to go to a sup when they feel stuff shouldn't go on cause I am jacked up already ...I am so grateful for that...instead of walking in and having it stuffed in my ass

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I will never understand "paying" a helper with you're own money. We have a lot of guys that do that here. You're basically lowering your own rate by 10$ an hour so UPS hits a helper hours allowed number? Then, what if said helper gets hurt during these hours? Seems risky to me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will never understand "paying" a helper with you're own money. We have a lot of guys that do that here. You're basically lowering your own rate by 10$ an hour so UPS hits a helper hours allowed number? Then, what if said helper gets hurt during these hours? Seems risky to me.

On the day in question he was "allowed" to work only 4 hours. When I told him that he was not a happy camper so I told him that I would give him an additional 2 hours on my dime. $20 is not going to make or break me.

Is it a smart thing to do? Probably not.

What would have happened had he gotten hurt during those two hours? Good question.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On Wednesday I had 195 stops and the allowance was 8 hours. Thursday I also had 195 stops but the allowance was cut in half. I used him for 6 hours both days, "borrowing" two of the unused hours from Wednesday to add them to Thursday.

Future

Victory Ride
On Wednesday I had 195 stops and the allowance was 8 hours. Thursday I also had 195 stops but the allowance was cut in half. I used him for 6 hours both days, "borrowing" two of the unused hours from Wednesday to add them to Thursday.
How many miles do you run a day?

vvv

The drivers in our set are buying our loader a mink coat.
We've had so many Misloads to run at $50+/hr we would feel ashamed not to share some of it with her.
That's a good one. I always look at those like someone dropped a bag of money in the truck each time I find one.