Your UPS management team

upschuck

So your belief is that because he knew and applied the methods, he was a good sup?
That is one of many other things that make a good sup. Are you trying to say that they should not do what they are instructing their subordinates to do. That us probably the fastest way to lose your people

MethodsMan

I could be brainwashed.
I use to complain 25 - 30 years ago about the poor quality of some of the on-car supervisors and almost every time the reply was - "He was the best driver in the center".
The MAPP process has taken care of that kind of stupidity over the years.

What are the traits you think make a good on-road?

Last edited:

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Started as a preloader a long time ago. I was excited to be working for this company. I was talked into becoming a Preload Supervisor. Back then it was a more thankless job, than it is today. I was planning on becoming a Car Supervisor after driving for 30 days. After 2 years of being treated as the lowest form of life, I swore that if I went driving, I would never leave. Still driving.

PT Car Washer

Started as a preloader a long time ago. I was excited to be working for this company. I was talked into becoming a Preload Supervisor. Back then it was a more thankless job, than it is today. I was planning on becoming a Car Supervisor after driving for 30 days. After 2 years of being treated as the lowest form of life, I swore that if I went driving, I would never leave. Still driving.
A more thankless job then now? Is that even possible?

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
A more thankless job then now? Is that even possible?

I adveraged 40 to 45 hours a week and was paid a salary based on 25 hours. Drove packages that were left in the building to drivers. Adveraged 200+ miles a week with no compensation. The preload supervisors (part time and full time) was berated every morning by the Center Manager on how incompetent we were. Was past over to go driving 5 times (3 to 1 back then) because the Center Manager did not want to lose me. I have never truly hated anybody in my life until then. I still plan on pissing and dancing on his grave.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
99 % of this statement I agree with. However I've had a couple of sups over the years that were really good at driving. They were also very good at standing behind the drivers when a situation called for it. Any wonder they no longer work here? They had too much of a conscience to stay.

100% of this statement I agree with.

-Bug-

oldngray

nowhere special
99 % of this statement I agree with. However I've had a couple of sups over the years that were really good at driving. They were also very good at standing behind the drivers when a situation called for it. Any wonder they no longer work here? They had too much of a conscience to stay.
i-approve-this-message_design.png

island1fox

We just recently promoted a pt preload sup to become a full-time on road sup. This is the same person who got disqualified in his 30-day driving packet to become a TCD less than a year ago. Amazing how the UPS mind works. He can't do the job himself, but he can tell me how to do the same job.

Wow,

Almost the same as Pete Carrol and the Super Bowl winning Seattle Seahawks !!

somebodiesgot

Based on everything i read on here, i was surprised how well my management team at my dock works together, and they dont seem terribly unhappy lol

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So your belief is that because he knew and applied the methods, he was a good sup?
No, my point was that he was a good sup who was also a really good driver in response to the previous theme of the thread that most sups couldn't do the job. Some can do it well.

Sent using BrownCafe App