100k Club

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lol, so close!!!!

I have NEVER been close. I don't want to ever be close. I'm all set with 8 hours/day.
I'm at 85.7k for w.e 12/22, and that's the most I've ever made. Is that the last pay period for 2012?

Yes---your paystub dated 12/28 is the last for 2012 and can be used for your W-2 for tax purposes.

comtnbrown

So I really don't post much but I have to say that one: I made more this year than any other 2: with the economy like it is I am very happy and thankful just to have a job that supports my family 3: I never ever want to "brag" nor "post" how much I make that might be misconstrued by someone that when UPS raises rates this year that my customers, knowing what I make, might want to take their business elsewhere due to the fact that I do make good wages. 4: While growing up my father, family, friends never discussed salary, wages nor asked. Why, because even though you don't think it matters sometimes to others it does and can persuade them to make decisions based solely on price, whom they choose to use. I for one don't want to lose business based on what others think is a fair rate or wage. Happy Prospero
us New Year

join the safey committe..that should give you a few extra bucks in your paycheck!!!!!!!!!!If you are really crazy you could............................sell some vacation time and or sick days....but i dont think it would be worth it

S

serenity now

join the safey committe..that should give you a few extra bucks in your paycheck!!!!!!!!!!If you are really crazy you could............................sell some vacation time and or sick days....but i dont think it would be worth it

whenever they ask about selling vacation i give them a puzzled look along with this reply : "no; how many extra weeks can i purchase?"

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
So I really don't post much but I have to say that one: I made more this year than any other 2: with the economy like it is I am very happy and thankful just to have a job that supports my family 3: I never ever want to "brag" nor "post" how much I make that might be misconstrued by someone that when UPS raises rates this year that my customers, knowing what I make, might want to take their business elsewhere due to the fact that I do make good wages. 4: While growing up my father, family, friends never discussed salary, wages nor asked. Why, because even though you don't think it matters sometimes to others it does and can persuade them to make decisions based solely on price, whom they choose to use. I for one don't want to lose business based on what others think is a fair rate or wage. Happy Prospero
us New Year
And if they look at this site to see how much we make then I guess they also see how much we work. Our hourly rate isn't some mystery, it's basicly the same all over the country give or take a few cents. Just because a few of us work 6 days a week, work on holidays, get bonuses for running under plan, or simply work more hours, doesn't make us any less or more than someone who does the opposite. I'm not going to feel some sort of shame for workin my ass off and posting under a fictous name that I'm proud I hit a goal.

If anyone reading this is deciding their carrier of choice based on what a handful of people say about how much they make (be it small or large in the same job classification), then they missed 99% of the rest if the site that has much more larger problems at UPS than what we make.

Jack Burton- FT holiday working, six punch Sat, occasionally bonus driver

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I notice people are often jealous of what we make. But we know what it takes to make it. We make no plans, we miss stuff, we are beat on weekends, we deliver in all the weather even when there are heat warnings, cold warnings, blizzard warnings, hurricane warnings, tornado warning, etc. And the people making the same or better, do the same. They go to work when they are sick, tired, or sore. They work all the extra time in a cold lonely cubicle, just like we do in our truck. Or on an oil rig, or a trash truck, or in a ditch.
Sometimes they do not realize when the shut off their pc and go home, we are still out there for hours.
Not complaining, just saying, we have people in line for our jobs, they are the ptimers who have slugged it to work, at 3am in the morning, for years, waiting for their chance. While surviving working two jobs, or more, with families. You cannot just, for the most part, walk in off the street. One guy in 7 might get that, its rare, and kudos to them. I could not imagine walking into this company with no knowledge, and trying to learn it all at once, now today!
So to those that say that, I say go apply. Be on call for a year. work part time for sometimes 10 yrs or more. And then go full time driving. Yes what an easy job you have just driving around all day. I hear that so much. And usually from some person who couldnt climb into my truck one time, less 150 or more a day.
We sold the leisure for the money, and if anyone tells me they are jealous, they should be, I made it.

I notice people are often jealous of what we make. But we know what it takes to make it. We make no plans, we miss stuff, we are beat on weekends, we deliver in all the weather even when there are heat warnings, cold warnings, blizzard warnings, hurricane warnings, tornado warning, etc. And the people making the same or better, do the same. They go to work when they are sick, tired, or sore. They work all the extra time in a cold lonely cubicle, just like we do in our truck. Or on an oil rig, or a trash truck, or in a ditch.
Sometimes they do not realize when the shut off their pc and go home, we are still out there for hours.
Not complaining, just saying, we have people in line for our jobs, they are the ptimers who have slugged it to work, at 3am in the morning, for years, waiting for their chance. While surviving working two jobs, or more, with families. You cannot just, for the most part, walk in off the street. One guy in 7 might get that, its rare, and kudos to them. I could not imagine walking into this company with no knowledge, and trying to learn it all at once, now today!
So to those that say that, I say go apply. Be on call for a year. work part time for sometimes 10 yrs or more. And then go full time driving. Yes what an easy job you have just driving around all day. I hear that so much. And usually from some person who couldnt climb into my truck one time, less 150 or more a day.
We sold the leisure for the money, and if anyone tells me they are jealous, they should be, I made it.
Yea but we get to wear those shorts and tribe around in those trucks with know doors.

I had a customer who said... You make way too much,, and you get way too much time off my reply was.... nobody put a gun to your head and said you couldnt apply for a job!!! So i got him an app for a Christmas helper..he said no way i dont want your job!!!!Geeez

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had a customer who said... You make way too much,, and you get way too much time off my reply was.... nobody put a gun to your head and said you couldnt apply for a job!!! So i got him an app for a Christmas helper..he said no way i dont want your job!!!!Geeez

Yep had this happen before. I usually hand them the board and say go for it. Just be sure to call your family and tell them u won't be home before 8.

jaker

trolling
When I read this thread I have mix feelings , it's nice that we can make that much money , but I think how much family time you lose over this job

Most of the guys on here work 700 more hours then me , think about that number 700

That is 700 hours you lost with your family and friends

Me no where near 100k , for the year 2180 hours and 83,777 and I wouldnt change it for anything

lazydriver

I work as little as possible. When I did sleeper team we were in the truck for 3.5 days only and still made more than the other feeder drivers. Back in 98 most of the sleeper teams were close to 100k. When I was doing mileage layover it was Tue to Wed. and back at home then Thur to Fri and back at home by 2pm. And at the layover hotel the first drink at the bar was free. You still brought home more than a driver working 5 days and 55 hour week. Currently I do a 4 day run, but some days depending on traffic or if I don't have to setup doubles gets done under 10 hours. I still get paid my guarantee 40 hrs even if punch out. Christmas week only worked Wed, Thur Fri. and this week I work Wed, Thu Fri. and the checks will be at least 40 hours. Only made 78K this year, but I actually only worked 1800hrs.

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't see the point of having a family if I only get to see them on the weekends while in a trance like exhausted frame of mind. Missed over a month of work on temp disability and still cleared $76k. I figure it should have been around $83k based on what I average throughout the year. The money is great but the hours are just about as much as I'm willing to take for that money. Its easy work but so time consuming.

stink219

That's the way I was as a driver. I never complained about extra work, splits, etc. Just dollar signs in my eyes.
I averaged over 54 hours/week the last year before I went into management.
I had to take a pay cut and it was 2 years before I got back up to the amount I made as a driver.

How long did you drive for...I bet you were one of the drivers who rolled up your ARM sleeves on a short sleeve shirt and wore the tight daisy duke shorts showing off that ass!!
Hey!! What's wrong with that?

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
AMEN!! Lots of drivers in our center have been over 100K for the last 3 years. Seems we're really getting it.

Closing numbers for 2012: 2878.19 Hours
$111,207.05

And I sprained my right knee dancing New Years Eve.
(But that was fun)
Come work in west los angeles district... weve been at 100K for three years now. Had a safety ride yesterday and we punched out at 930PM. Christmas loads all year. Yesterday 55 stops over dispatched.

Money just being handed out like its no big deal. Nobody cares.

Peace

TOS