2021 October Step Increase

fatboy33

I don’t understand why they implemented the whole step increase program if they never planned to stick to it. I feel like all it has done is create even more disgruntled employees. I remember back when they implemented our senior manager made sure to choose his words carefully by calling it a 10 step program and made no mention of a 10 year program.

A couple couriers called him out asking if this was a 10 year plan and he said it was simply a 10 step plan. All the senior couriers at my station knew right then Fedex would never stick to the plan, but at least some people did get a huge initial pay raise when they implemented the system so it wasn’t all bad.
UPS tops out hourlies in 3 years time, last I heard, Both UPS drivers in my area clear 100,000 a year. We have guys hired in the 90's who finally topped out in the past couple years. Foot dragging and getting employees to top pay has been a thing for years.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
UPS tops out hourlies in 3 years time, last I heard, Both UPS drivers in my area clear 100,000 a year. We have guys hired in the 90's who finally topped out in the past couple years. Foot dragging and getting employees to top pay has been a thing for years.
It's 4 years to top rate at UPS for drivers. I'll be there in a couple months. I never came close to topping out at FedEx after 17 years. After just 2 years at UPS, I was already making more. I see a former coworker who started with me back in 98. She still isn't top rate till this day!

I am FedEx

Steps not years. Overall the company is achieving a 7+ % profit margin. That aligns with previous YOY’s step raise. For the past 2 years FedEx has posted 2-3 % increases. So if I had to guess, yes everyone will receive a step increase.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Steps not years. Overall the company is achieving a 7+ % profit margin. That aligns with previous YOY’s step raise. For the past 2 years FedEx has posted 2-3 % increases. So if I had to guess, yes everyone will receive a step increase.

Probably not after FedEx has pledged to spend $2 billion on buying carbon neutral vehicles.

McFeely

Huge Member

It will be fine

Probably not after FedEx has pledged to spend $2 billion on buying carbon neutral vehicles.
Don’t worry, contractors will be putting out a lot of the capital for this. If they would allow charging stations at the terminal I’d start buying electrics now, though.

Artee

Don’t worry, contractors will be putting out a lot of the capital for this. If they would allow charging stations at the terminal I’d start buying electrics now, though.
All the Express stations around here had the charging installed in the last 12 months. The first electric vehicles were supposed to start rolling in last October. They are still waiting on them to this day and no idea on when the first will be to arrive.

It will be fine

All the Express stations around here had the charging installed in the last 12 months. The first electric vehicles were supposed to start rolling in last October. They are still waiting on them to this day and no idea on when the first will be to arrive.
Sounds promising, it’s been hard to get any new equipment since Covid. I like the workhorses. They claim a 100 mile range which is double what most of my routes do daily. I think they’d be great. It’ll be a bit before there’s any EV to replace the straight trucks though.

bacha29

Sounds promising, it’s been hard to get any new equipment since Covid. I like the workhorses. They claim a 100 mile range which is double what most of my routes do daily. I think they’d be great. It’ll be a bit before there’s any EV to replace the straight trucks though.
50 miles huh? That might work for you but try 300+ mile daily routes on hill terrain. There's currently no EV's on the market that could get out and back in my area without a mid day charge. And it's like you said contractors will be hoarking up huge capital hairballs to make the conversion. The question is: Will Fat Freddy The King Of Poormouth given them the full required amount need to make the conversion and enough time to make the conversion? If past history is any indication don't expect to get enough of either. Again, there comes a time where a tiny window will open for every contractor to get out under the best possible terms..

It will be fine

50 miles huh? That might work for you but try 300+ mile daily routes on hill terrain. There's currently no EV's on the market that could get out and back in my area without a mid day charge. And it's like you said contractors will be hoarking up huge capital hairballs to make the conversion. The question is: Will Fat Freddy The King Of Poormouth given them the full required amount need to make the conversion and enough time to make the conversion? If past history is any indication don't expect to get enough of either. Again, there comes a time where a tiny window will open for every contractor to get out under the best possible terms..
19 years is a long time for tech to improve. I’d be happy if FedEx just paid to instal the chargers in the terminal and whatever setup they’d need to meter the electricity to my company. The limited maintenance on EVs makes them worthwhile pretty quickly.

I am FedEx

EVs will be deployed in pre determined stations. A full switch over would be impossible. As stated previously technology just isn’t quite there yet. These will be optimal for dense city routes, I figured it would be common sense these vehicles are not for rural routes. A 100 mile charge can pretty much last any major city’s stop radius. Even towns near 70-80k these would be optimal.

bacha29

EVs will be deployed in pre determined stations. A full switch over would be impossible. As stated previously technology just isn’t quite there yet. These will be optimal for dense city routes, I figured it would be common sense these vehicles are not for rural routes. A 100 mile charge can pretty much last any major city’s stop radius. Even towns near 70-80k these would be optimal.
As much as I would like to see a complete nationwide conversion, range and charge time will slow the conversion. Heavy loads and heavy power consumption on hills means that it will take quite awhile for road tractors to catchup and without a Jake brake I don't know how you can slow them down quickly.

Slowturtle

MassWineGuy

And these are some of our better vehicles.

1809EE61-F583-4092-A8A8-4368126C5DD5.jpeg

6F11CD6D-DD14-4AC2-8245-87784E457FBD.jpeg