3rd Vote

C

chuchu

100 and 200 bucks is a big deductible. Fat chance. Wake up and face reality.
What i meant to say was if the C6 wasn't enhanced by our no vote the deductible would not be $0. Done arguing. Best to you and your family.

Stonefish

When you call me a SOB you don't insult me you insult my mother.
You're quite a man aren't you.
I've learned a long time ago that when someone stoops to name calling they have run out of answers.

It's not my fault that your friend didn't sign up for disability in time although I feel bad for his family and their loss of a Dad and husband.

It is not worth bringing up the real teamcare guidelines for even a wife to continue benefits after the members death and that, as we all know is not written in stone. There are conditions like not using out of network providers for several months prior to the day of death. Not one.

Enough with the arguing and dealing with duck and weave insults. You have lost my respect when you called my mother a bitch.

Game on.
Read your post about someone cussing at you it was a joke.

Stonefish

If we had ratified it in august she'd still be paying the big deductibles.
Is there no thankfulness to us for our stance?
Without us you lose and because of our backbone everyone got blessed.... for now.
It's like trying to rescue someone who is cussing at you for helping.
Read it again and think about it take a joke when you give one don't be so sensitive

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
100 and 200 bucks is a big deductible. Fat chance. Wake up and face reality.
We have faced the reality that it won't stop at 100 & 200.
We have faced the reality that once Pandora's Box is opened, we will never get it closed again and we have chosen to fight to keep it closed.

Inthegame

As it stands today, Hoffa's statement is intact and implies that we are being place in an unsustainable plan.
Not quite. The letter complains of three impacts the ACA has on Taft Hartley plans, none of which will affect UPS emplyees under this agreement.
1) The incentive to cut full time hours to 30 or less.
Not happening at UPS.
2) Taft Hartley plans not eligible for subsidies.
Subsidies for individuals kick in depending on earnings. With HC paid by UPS through negotiated contributions via the contract, individual eligibility vanishes.
3) Taft Hartley plans pay tax for ACA.
Correct, but without the implementation of the ACA (which is expected to lower overall H&W costs), H&W plans would have paid out higher claim costs thereby expending additional funds. It becomes something of a wash. While the three year "tax" paid by plans could be a factor, the impact will be felt by smaller plans and absorbed by larger plans.

Hoffa clearly stated in the letter you've referenced numerous times that "Taken together, these restrictions will make non-profit plans like ours unsustainable..."
The fact is point 1 and 2 of the letter do not apply to the members moving into the TeamCare plan under the UPS contract, so only point 3, with it's marginal impact, applies.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
When you call me a SOB you don't insult me you insult my mother.
You're quite a man aren't you.
I've learned a long time ago that when someone stoops to name calling they have run out of answers.

It's not my fault that your friend didn't sign up for disability in time although I feel bad for his family and their loss of a Dad and husband.

It is not worth bringing up the real teamcare guidelines for even a wife to continue benefits after the members death and that, as we all know is not written in stone. There are conditions like not using out of network providers for several months prior to the day of death. Not one.

Enough with the arguing and dealing with duck and weave insults. You have lost my respect when you called my mother a bitch.

Game on.
I think it was a joke chu. Maybe you need a Xanax or something to relax. I'm worried about you. I think you are to serious right now. It's just a message board.

C

chuchu

Read it again and think about it take a joke when you give one don't be so sensitive
The rest of your post was blaming me and those that voted opposite you for this family's hardship.

Stonefish, that, you can't deny.

I've come to expect the worst on here and you can shove your comment under the rug but you knew it was a 50% chance I would (and your audience) take it at face value coupled with the rest of your condemnation that put this family seemingly in bankruptcy after his death.
It isn't worth the energy we expend for me to interact with you anymore.
The best to you and your family.

Stonefish

The rest of your post was blaming me and those that voted opposite you for this family's hardship.

Stonefish, that, you can't deny.

I've come to expect the worst on here and you can shove your comment under the rug but you knew it was a 50% chance I would (and your audience) take it at face value coupled with the rest of your condemnation that put this family seemingly in bankruptcy after his death.
It isn't worth the energy we expend for me to interact with you anymore.
The best to you and your family.
I didn't try to deny anything. What I did write regarding the SOB comment wasn't meant to offend you. For the joke I am sorry.
The rest of my post is as serious as you are with the CBA. If this employee would have been in TeamCare he and his family wouldn't have had the issues they had.
The choice on interaction is your choice.

upschuck

Those that are in the company plan think if they continue to vote no, then they will stay in company plan. Wonder if company would eventually give it over to Teamcare to kill the incentive for the no vote.

saintrick

Not quite. The letter complains of three impacts the ACA has on Taft Hartley plans, none of which will affect UPS emplyees under this agreement.
1) The incentive to cut full time hours to 30 or less.
Not happening at UPS.
2) Taft Hartley plans not eligible for subsidies.
Subsidies for individuals kick in depending on earnings. With HC paid by UPS through negotiated contributions via the contract, individual eligibility vanishes.
3) Taft Hartley plans pay tax for ACA.
Correct, but without the implementation of the ACA (which is expected to lower overall H&W costs), H&W plans would have paid out higher claim costs thereby expending additional funds. It becomes something of a wash. While the three year "tax" paid by plans could be a factor, the impact will be felt by smaller plans and absorbed by larger plans.

Hoffa clearly stated in the letter you've referenced numerous times that "Taken together, these restrictions will make non-profit plans like ours unsustainable..."
The fact is point 1 and 2 of the letter do not apply to the members moving into the TeamCare plan under the UPS contract, so only point 3, with it's marginal impact, applies.

So the ACA adversely impacts Taft Hartley plans but not UPS members got it that makes perfect sense.

Inthegame

So the ACA adversely impacts Taft Hartley plans but not UPS members got it that makes perfect sense.
Thank you. This may be a surprise but yes they're are many Taft Hartley plans with less benefits and high co-premiums. There are contracts where hours aren't guaranteed as they are in the UPS agreement. Hoffa was speaking for all Teamsters, in fact all labor, not just UPS'ers. The ACA does impact union run Taft Hartleys, but the impact on UPS members will be slightly felt because of the high level of negotiated benefits.

ezmoney5150

What i meant to say was if the C6 wasn't enhanced by our no vote the deductible would not be $0. Done arguing. Best to you and your family.

This is why the government doesn't negotiate with terrorists.

Central States figured after the fact that with the amount of people who are going to enroll in Central States they should do a little more and its not enough for you.

Sent using BrownCafe App

saintrick

Thank you. This may be a surprise but yes they're are many Taft Hartley plans with less benefits and high co-premiums. There are contracts where hours aren't guaranteed as they are in the UPS agreement. Hoffa was speaking for all Teamsters, in fact all labor, not just UPS'ers. The ACA does impact union run Taft Hartleys, but the impact on UPS members will be slightly felt because of the high level of negotiated benefits.

That is exactly the problem, employers who plans have high co-premiums will better of on the exchange with the subsidies available to the employees.

As these employers pull out of Taft plans the sustainably of plans such as Teamcare are uncertain.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
This man can speak on my behalf anytime. He's the best this site has to offer and the most reasonable.

Inthegame

That is exactly the problem, employers who plans have high co-premiums will better of on the exchange with the subsidies available to the employees.

As these employers pull out of Taft plans the sustainably of plans such as Teamcare are uncertain.
I wholeheartily agree Taft Hartleys are getting squeezed and unfairly treated. Contract negotiators will need to assess the points you've made and determine the best HC solutions for their members. But the most heavily subsidized plans (bronze level, 60/40 with monster deductibles) are not likely to be satisfactory to many members so will not be accepted by their negotiators.
TeamCare is head and shoulders above what is offered to non-union workers and can stand alone by virtue of the contributions negotiated.