Abortion

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You can recite all kinds of horrible situations......none is as horrible as killing a baby. There'd be no Tebow today by your standards.
Deformed....Hawking.....worthless, right? Whether they are born that way, or turn that way, you don't have the right to judge another, worthless. God don't make Junk!
The state didn't force Tebow's mother to have a child, it was her choice.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The state didn't force Tebow's mother to have a child, it was her choice.

The operative word is choice (which is probably why he italicized it). While I certainly don't think abortion should be considered to simply be another form or choice of birth control, I do think the mother, if single, or the couple, whether married or not, should have the option of deciding for herself or themselves whether they want the pregnancy to go to term. I have a 27 year old daughter and I would like for her to have the option available to her. Island mentioned adoption, which would be a wonderful option both for the mother who does not want the child and for the couple who are unable for whatever reason to have a child of their own. What I would not want is for someone to tell my daughter that she does not have the option to abort her child, must carry the child to term and give birth to the child and then must provide for the care of that child until that child turns 18. As I said above, abortion should not simply be another form of birth control but should instead be an option available for those whom, for whatever reason, do not wish to have a child at this time.

There is also the whole "when does life begin" argument. I don't believe that life begins at conception but instead begins when the fetus is in the second or third trimester. I think it was Island who suggested taking an ultrasound picture of the fetus and showing it to the mother just prior to performing the abortion. I like this idea.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I believe that life is precious no matter what the circumstances and begins @ conception and the person before going forward with the decision should view the sonogram of that life

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I believe that life is precious no matter what the circumstances and begins @ conception and the person before going forward with the decision should view the sonogram of that life
I think the person facing that decision should have the choice of whether to view the sonogram. I see no reason why it should mandated by the state.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Everybody has a choice......we have free will.....

The pro lifers and pro choicers WILL NEVER see eye to eye on this issue. I've said my opinion....I don't need to repeat it.

I think the person facing that decision should have the choice of whether to view the sonogram. I see no reason why it should mandated by the state.

It's a plain and simple act of coercion. Does a woman choosing adoption have to view the newborn before it's given to the adopting parents in case she want's to change her mind? Might as well put a picture of a baby in every pack of birth control pills.

My views on abortion ironically come from my mother. At times when it came up on the news or in conversation somehow she would talk of how women who felt the need to make that choice would have to resort to illegal back alley abortions or make desperate attempts on their own. Those wealthy enough would do so out of country.

The fact of the matter is that whether it's legal or not some women will still feel the need to make that choice. As some have mentioned above it should not be considered as a form of birth control. It shouldn't be available as a "walk in" procedure. Women who feel that is the right choice should be made aware of all the options they could chose. Counseling should be freely provided. But if the woman still decides to go through with the procedure then she should be allowed to do so without further influences.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You can recite all kinds of horrible situations......none is as horrible as killing a baby. There'd be no Tebow today by your standards.
Deformed....Hawking.....worthless, right?
You will see no more abortion comments under the Abortion thread from me. Unlike you, I am a person of their word!!

On a different line of thought, there would be no Obama!

Let's see if moreluck can resist this?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
So the unborn fetus has now become a ward of the state?

The unborn child is a ward of us all . All decent human beings that is ! Believe in God or not, life is precious what right do any of us have a to take it away from the innocent. We have to examine our conscience and find it in ourselves to conclude what we deep in side already know ;that their is life after conception and stop using words like fetus . How can you ever look at a small child so innocent and beautiful, and condone something that would prevent them from comming into the world.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The unborn child is a ward of us all . All decent human beings that is ! Believe in God or not, life is precious what right do any of us have a to take it away from the innocent. We have to examine our conscience and find it in ourselves to conclude what we deep in side already know ;that their is life after conception and stop using words like fetus . How can you ever look at a small child so innocent and beautiful, and condone something that would prevent them from comming into the world.

The National Government is not about "decent human beings". On the other hand, the National Government laws prohibit the States (which is the appropriate place) where this decision should be made. The Liberal (Blue) states would most likely allow abortions and the Conservative (red) states would not allow it. Women who have abortions would go to Blue states and hopefully stay there.

And that small innocent, beautiful child whose mother wanted an abortion turns into the grown-up criminal. The crime rate, especially homicide, went down in the period 17 - 25 years after Roe-Wade and continues at levels below the rates prior to Roe-Wade.

Legalized abortion and crime effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Donohue and Levitt point to the fact that males aged 18 to 24 are most likely to commit crimes. Data indicates that crime in the United States started to decline in 1992. Donohue and Levitt suggest that the absence of unwanted aborted children, following legalization in 1973, led to a reduction in crime 18 years later, starting in 1992 and dropping sharply in 1995. These would have been the peak crime-committing years of the unborn children.

This is a book I read years ago:
Freakonomics: Freakonomics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

klein

Für Meno :)
That would be nice for the red states, eh ?
They would be the only states with single moms on welfare, or atleast have the highest amount of them !

While the blue states would have the single minded career women.