Abortion

moreluck

golden ticket member
I got news for you....the very wanted and welcome child turns into a criminal too.........oh well, 2 out of 3 's not bad.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That would be nice for the red states, eh ?
They would be the only states with single moms on welfare, or atleast have the highest amount of them !

While the blue states would have the single minded career women.
More people should be focusing on prevention instead of whether or not to kill a baby. Use a condom.....be responsible for yourselves.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the Brown Cafe police is on my ass now.

I responded to Hoax, not u. Gee, I wonder what you'll find on your next hourly patrol.

Get off my case you stalker!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
It is not about the women. It's about the child. "single minded career women" . What kind of ubnoxious statement is that. I have problems with our welfare system but would gladly pay more if it saved the children.
It is not about the frick'in law it is about being a decent human being. I cannot put myself in a women's shoes I can only thank God that I came from moral stock and feel a duty to pass it on to my offsprings and give my voice and council to others that may be in doubt.
"Single minded career women" KMA !

It is not about the women. It's about the child. "single minded career women" . What kind of ubnoxious statement is that. I have problems with our welfare system but would gladly pay more if it saved the children.
It is not about the frick'in law it is about being a decent human being. I cannot put myself in a women's shoes I can only thank God that I came from moral stock and feel a duty to pass it on to my offsprings and give my voice and council to others that may be in doubt.
"Single minded career women" KMA !

How many adopted children do you have?

What's your point?
I'm adopted.

My brother was adopted too.

My point is that one who values life so much should be first in line to adopt one of the children that he fights for so vigilantly. Or more even.

It was not a slight towards adopted children. Sorry if you took it that way.

moreluck

golden ticket member
No, I didn't take it as a slam. There are indeed plenty of couples out there who want babies......the thriving business of invitro shows that.

I'm a pro lifer, but I was able to have kids myself, so there was no money to spare for adopting kids or no patience level either. There are many who want kids and can't have them so I don't believe that kids given up for adoption become a drain on the system. Feeding every child that crosses the border to attend school illegally does however.

My neighbor used to teach in Texas and he said a bus full of illegal's children would pull up to the school at lunchtime and the kids would file in and get lunch. The taxpayer's paid for this.

Stop the one outlet of funds and there'd be plenty to handle and babies who "drain the system".

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
How many adopted children do you have?

None. I have 3 children however that took a lot to concieve because my wife had fertility problems.I do not see your point however,just because I do not have adopted children I should approve of terminating (killing the unborn).I repeat "single minded career women" is the most callous and reprehensible statement that someone could make. Let terminate the life and move on with the person's career ? You are kidding me right? How else would you interpet that staement ? I wil retire from this thread in disgust.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Before you leave.....are you saying that the "single minded career woman" who exercises poor judgement and becomes pregnant should not be afforded the choice to terminate the pregnancy but instead should be forced to put her plans on hold while she carries and then gives birth to a baby she clearly does not want?

I want to be clear that, while I am pro-choice, I do not condone the use of abortion as simply another form of birth control.

None. I have 3 children however that took a lot to concieve because my wife had fertility problems.I do not see your point however,just because I do not have adopted children I should approve of terminating (killing the unborn).

Absolutely not. Stand steady by your beliefs. My point was, since you value those lives so dearly, I would assume you have adopted one or more of them. Or at least be on the waiting list,right? Or are the lives only of value until they're born and have to be provided for and then they're someone else's problem?

Babies get adopted out......the adoptive families take care of them.....it's not a gov't drain.

Never said gov't drain. I said someone else's problem. I also said that the vast majority of anti-abortion proponents don't step up to the plate after the child is born.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Never said gov't drain. I said someone else's problem. I also said that the vast majority of anti-abortion proponents don't step up to the plate after the child is born.
I guess I don't get the "step up to the plate" concept. There is a long , long waiting list of couple who want to adopt babies and the wait is years for them.

I guess I don't get the "step up to the plate" concept. There is a long , long waiting list of couple who want to adopt babies and the wait is years for them.

What I mean by "stepping up to the plate" is that those who are against abortion should also be at the adoption agency to adopt the now un-aborted children.

Heck, why even have an adoption agency? Have a list of anti-abortion proponents. The people who for whatever reason feel they can't care for a child and should not be given the choice to stop the pregnancy early on can now just hand the baby directly to the anti-abortion folks to raise as their own. No burden on the goverment or the taxpayer or anyone else. It would be strictly between the two.

klein

Für Meno :)
But, it still doesn't stop the fact that maybe the newly pregnant woman doesn't want to go thru a whole full birth cycle (getting round and fat, dealing with morning sickness and other illnesses, seeing doctors on regular basis (maybe without insurance), and so on.

I can't see how anyone can force a "free" person to go thru 9 months of her life doing something and undergoing body changes she doesn't want in the first place !