Accident Today

BrownPR215

What Can Brown Do To You!
As a member of the safety committee in my building and as a driver this is what I think.

1. UPS classifies any intersection accident and rear ending of someone as a tier3. UPS determines who is at fault independent of the Police.
2. As some have commented already be prepared to know your DOK (depth of knowledge) because you will be asked.
3. A S&V ride will be done after the accident usually the very next day.
4. If the accident is deemed avoidable your years of safe driving start over, and if you have any disciplinary issues you could be suspended. But a shop steward might be able to work something out if your manager is a reasonable person.

deleted9

fedwg & ismah, thank-you !

Most upser's should have the union to thank, and not UPS for their wages.

As far as safety is concerned, UPS is just like BP. Taking short cuts everywhere they can !
Make their drivers in the middle of winter and winter blizzards, drive without snow/winter tires.
Make them drive without sufficient heat or cooling, depending on season.
(pretty sad, that you need to stop delivering, and stop the truck, because of the windchill and cold, the windshield will freeze up, and most of the time drivers in Edmonton on cold winter days, only have a tiny golfhole of an un-iced windshield to look thru.)
Besides, that we need to stop in the middle of the road and most times hold up oncomming traffic, because with our all season , half bold, tires, we can't park, and deliver in snow.

Then, ofcourse, no truck is provided with airbags, but instead have nice hard steel dashes.

Remember UPS'ers : The Union provided you with good money and bennies..... what does the company provide you with ?
(used to be an xmas turkey, and some $20 safe driving rewards), but they took that away, too.

Be proud to be Teamster first, UPS second !
Hopefully, UPS will improve on safety issues, they have it nice in writing, not to lift over 90lbs by yourself... try that for a day or 2 , and ask for help.....
And how the hell they still find or make vehicles with manuel steering, and an outdated standard gearshift, must be a request from UPS on it's own....

I seen enough blogs on here.. drivers get hurt, go on wcb, and get fired..... thats UPS for ya !

I tell ya, when I got fired, I just said to myself exactly in these words : " They can find another slave" !!!
(but, yes, UPS doesn't pay as much in Canada as in the US - UPS is just average pay here) - so , no big loss.

But, we do the same job as you, but don't think we are "special" like you UPS'ers. (best job in the world) .

Sorry. just had to finally rage about it !

The other posters are correct, you have no clue and besides anything that you say or recommend is tainted, getting FIRED will do that to you.

Blizzard

Hey Moreluck and upsstateNYUPsr:

I am a former UPSer. Spent several years throwing parcels and loading PC's. Am I now not allowed to participate on Brown Cafe? You both act as though one must be a current employee to participate. More...are you a current employee????

Why say "Ignore Klein"????

Klein creates his own legacy here. why fight what he has wrought?

moreluck

golden ticket member
My point is that someone who doesn't currently work for UPS should not be answering technical questions about the company. Things could've changed since you left, etc. I never said you can't post on Brown cafe, so don't put words in my mouth. Only Cheryl can decide who posts on BC.

I have never worked for UPS !! That's about the 10th time I've posted that fact!

Upsdriver88

klein; [FONT=Arial said:
Most upser's should have the union to thank, and not UPS for their wages.[/FONT]

I understand the union negotiated the wages, but who pays those wages?

Remember UPS'ers : The Union provided you with good money and bennies.....
Quit UPS and see if the Union provides you with good money and bennies.......

what does the company provide you with ?
(used to be an xmas turkey, and some $20 safe driving rewards), but they took that away, too.

Is this guy serious....UPS provides you with a JOB!

Be proud to be Teamster first, UPS second !

"Be proud the be a Teamster" I have no problem with that......but don't kid yourself. Without UPS, there is no Teamsters!

Don't lie to yourself, UPS doesn't pay those wages and give those benefits out of the kindness of their hearts. It took Teamster power to obtain the job level we have now. And it takes Teamster labor for UPS to make the money it makes, so don' t put the cart in front of the horse!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My point is that someone who doesn't currently work for UPS should not be answering technical questions about the company. Things could've changed since you left, etc. I never said you can't post on Brown cafe, so don't put words in my mouth. Only Cheryl can decide who posts on BC.

I have never worked for UPS !! That's about the 10th time I've posted that fact!
Not to mention how many times it's been quoted.:wink2:

pissedoffmanager

I have been out of the package / UPS game for about 2 years, but as a former center manager, I can tell you this, it will probably be charged as avoidable for failure to get the big picture, one of the five seeing habits. However, a good steward will get you off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Had you been rear ended, nothing would've likely been charged. See your immediate return back to driving as a good sign, and you might get a safety ride out of it and a slap on the wrist, just dispute it, and use the police report to counter what they will claim

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is relevant. As most of us are upsers or former upsers. Some of us have been management and hourly. The amount of time spent at each is of utmost importance to understand ones point of view.

I would think you could ascertain their point of view based upon their posts. It took me all of two posts to figure out Tie is in mgt. It also took me two posts to figure out who the Joe Unions were. I still have yet to figure out Rocketman as, quite frankly, I don't have a clue as to what he is trying to say.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I would think you could ascertain their point of view based upon their posts. It took me all of two posts to figure out Tie is in mgt. It also took me two posts to figure out who the Joe Unions were. I still have yet to figure out Rocketman as, quite frankly, I don't have a clue as to what he is trying to say.

:rofl: Where is rocketman lately? LMAO

fxdwg

Long Time Member

So....You're a former UPSer that has all the answers? :happy-very:

You get to explain you accident at the pcm, plus you get a drive along. Safe driving record is also broken.

I think management should have to stand up at the pcm and explain what they did wrong every time a grievance is filed. Then tell us what they could have done to avoid that grievance.